Pedophile teacher busted

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
All valid questions for sure but my gut tells me this is something that was done to appease a group of parents.

Dont get my wrong, I'm not saying it's right. But, yeah, I'm sure it was done to appease a group of parents, likely the parents whose kids were abused. Because how do you feel safe sending your kid there again? You make sure no one is left who might have been a part of preying on your kid.

Anyway if the logic behind the mass layoff/firing was that they should have known and did nothing then I think the principal should also be out of work right now. It is, after all, his or her job to know what is going on in the school.

According to shadow's article, the superintendent is referring to laying off the entire staff. That would include the principal.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Dont get my wrong, I'm not saying it's right. But, yeah, I'm sure it was done to appease a group of parents, likely the parents whose kids were abused. Because how do you feel safe sending your kid there again? You make sure no one is left who might have been a part of preying on your kid.

Yes, if my kid was at that school I'd be screaming bloody murder. But looking at it from a distance it does look like a witch-hunt of sorts. It's all well and good to say 'any possibility of impropriety' until you happen to be one of the ones caught in the net.

Basically it's a no win situation for all peripheral parties.

According to shadow's article, the superintendent is referring to laying off the entire staff. That would include the principal.

My bad. I must have been thinking of the original article, I think the principal is quoted in that one, he or she made some statements. I think I just got them mixed up.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm sure there were possibly a few who didn't want to know and thus didn't question why the door was locked so often. But how does anyone prove that? If there was anyone like that there, their own cowardice overpowered their conscience a long time ago so I doubt they'll confess to it.

Anyway if the logic behind the mass layoff/firing was that they should have known and did nothing then I think the principal should also be out of work right now. It is, after all, his or her job to know what is going on in the school.

With a school that size, I would expect that the majority of other staff members had no idea that this was going on. There's no way to be 100% certain who the ones who did know were, which is unfortunate.