New Rulers declare Libya Liberated

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Angstrom- Your generous donation of reds says a lot more about your ignorance than it does about mine. :lol:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Telling Suncor/PetroCan/Talisman to **** off was tryanny!

Yup.

Indeed. -tyranny is the very least .........and that immediately put them into "enemy " status worse than those terrorists they keep bringing up.....and ergo (IN THEIR MINDS) justifies (NOT!!) what has taken place.

BBC is reporting that at least 50 bodies of Gaddhafi supporters were found shot to death .

ah yes........the rule of the law prevails. Once again......certain nasty precidents have been set by the "west" itself and it is no surpise that they are following the example.

I guess they plan to slaughter every Gaddhafi supporter just like the US plans to kill every "terrorist" no matter who and how many others have to die.

The evolving dynamics are fascinating if very troublesome.

So the upshot seems to be that being "liberated" is also giving them the "license to kill" as a form of "justice.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Indeed. -tyranny is the very least .........and that immediately put them into "enemy " status worse than those terrorists they keep bringing up.....and ergo (IN THEIR MINDS) justifies (NOT!!) what has taken place.

Now we know why we sell our oil so cheap.
If we don't Harper could be next. lol

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Now we know why we sell our oil so cheap.
If we don't Harper could be next. lol

LOL.. exactly. That could explain why he is so pro american in his views.....to the point of being rediculous. It is his survial mechanism.

but I digress/:smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Libya’s transitional leader says Islamic Sharia law will be the “basic source” of all law - The Washington Post

Yay, liberation!

Such a joke. The simple fact is, Libya was better with Gaddafi rather than these western puppets. Under Gaddafi's rule, Libya rose to one of the most prominent and richest countries in all of Africa. Health care and education were all easily accessible to everyone, unprecedented to most of Africa.
Libya's future isn't great, thanks to western imperialistic aggression.

Too bad he didn't spread some of that wealth around a bit more - he might have lasted a tad longer.

I don't think there is anyone that does not think that Gadhafi should have been deposed. That is not even an issue . What IS the issue is HOW it was done. That kind of barbarism is a poor way to start a newly liberated nation.

IF the "west" wanted to really demonstrate the higher moral and legal ground and set a constructive example, they would condemn how it was done... but those condemning this are some Libyans themselves and various other observing nations .The 'west" could have defined the rules for capturing him , arresting him and imprisoning him. AND allowing him to get a lawyer. THAT is how civlizations operate. They don't laugh at this barbarism...... and they don't support it.

Not our problem. We went in to help the Libyans get rid of a nutcase and did so. It is now up to them to decide how their country will be governed and by who. As far as the 'barbarism' goes, Daffy set the bar himself and anything that happened to him once he was captured was payback - may not agree with what happened but sure can understand the fury and angst that drove it.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
LOL.. exactly. That could explain why he is so pro american in his views.....to the point of being rediculous. It is his survial mechanism.

but I digress/:smile:

Ya! i'm just joking.

It still puts things in a fun perspective.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Too bad he didn't spread some of that wealth around a bit more - he might have lasted a tad longer.
What do you know about it?
Libya had the highest GDP per capita in Africa and rising. Let's watch it fall hard now.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What do you know about it?
Libya had the highest GDP per capita in Africa and rising. Let's watch it fall hard now.

When ya cheery pick - be careful - Nothing like breaking your cherry - Read it again Chuckey

Economy of Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These oil revenues [B]and a small population have given Libya[/B] the highest nominal per capita GDP in Africa.[2] Since 2000, Libya has recorded favourable growth rates with an estimated 10.6% growth of GDP in 2010.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Are you some sort of expert on Libya?

Nope. I bet no one in this thread has even been in Africa.
No one has any idea of what really was going on over there.

So the sheeple follow the media propaganda blindly
and the tin hats smell something fishy.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
When ya cheery pick - be careful - Nothing like breaking your cherry - Read it again Chuckey

Economy of Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These oil revenues [B]and a small population have given Libya[/B] the highest nominal per capita GDP in Africa.[2] Since 2000, Libya has recorded favourable growth rates with an estimated 10.6% growth of GDP in 2010.

I wonder what's going to happen with those 'favourable growth rates' now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nope. I bet no one in this thread has even been in Africa.
No one has any idea of what really was going on over there.

So the sheeple follow the media propaganda blindly
and the tin hats smell something fishy.

Ummmm... I wasn't talking to you.

Please review and Please keep up.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Well with many of the Billions that were stolen being recovered that should help, should it not.
That's an interesting view ,that you think rebel criminals that ruthlessly killed people who've now got power are going to find and return billions of dollars.. to the people ? :lol:
I wouldn't bet on that prediction. Things are going to get much worse in Libya than it ever was under any point under Gaddafi's rule.
In fact I would guarantee it.

Quote from an article

A delegation of medical professionals from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus wrote in an appeal to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin that after becoming acquainted with Libyan life, it was their view that in few nations did people live in such comfort:
[Libyans] are entitled to free treatment, and their hospitals provide the best in the world of medical equipment. Education in Libya is free, capable young people have the opportunity to study abroad at government expense. When marrying, young couples receive 60,000 Libyan dinars (about 50,000 US dollars) of financial assistance. Non-interest state loans, and as practice shows, undated. Due to government subsidies the price of cars is much lower than in Europe, and they are affordable for every family. Gasoline and bread cost a penny, no taxes for those who are engaged in agriculture. The Libyan people are quiet and peaceful, are not inclined to drink, and are very religious.
They maintained that the international community had been misinformed about the struggle against the regime. "Tell us," they said, "who would not like such a regime?"

Even if that is just propaganda, there is no denying at least one very popular achievement of the Libyan government: it brought water to the desert by building the largest and most expensive irrigation project in history, the US$33 billion GMMR (Great Man-Made River) project. Even more than oil, water is crucial to life in Libya.

The GMMR provides 70% of the population with water for drinking and irrigation, pumping it from Libya's vast underground Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System in the south to populated coastal areas 4,000 kilometers to the north. The Libyan government has done at least some things right.