Mulcair to rasie minimum wage!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But what about all the social workers that prey on the poverty system to get their high government paycheques? They have zero desire to change the system since they have no transferable job skills.

Lol...clearly you have no idea watch social workers make and the **** they put up with. I wouldn't do the job for any amount of pay. I can see how someone like you would be jealous though

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
....and a simple cup of coffee costs $3.50.

MOTHER OF GOD.

You don't think that kind of Soviet nightmare is coming here? Just the other day I wanted a coffee and had to stand IN LINE forever just to order it. And then I had to wait even longer for it to get made. Again, IN LINE.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh dear dear me....ROTFLMAO.

Really??

lol

Despite the bit on Australian coffee, I'm divided on raising the minimum wage.
The gap between rich and the rest of us in this country is growing at an unprecedented and unsustainable rate.

But I fear raising the minimum wage will simply raise prices, and eliminate jobs, thus making the poor worse off........

I think we need to find another way.............

I don't think there is another way unless every individual puts an effort into it. We have to face the fact that in this world there are winners and losers and some of the losers are always going to struggle on minimum wage or less. It is what it is!

You're daft. The job makers are those who will hire others who earn their wage. In other words if you aren't worth the minimum wage to the employer you ain't being hired.

And you just ain't whistlin' Dixie!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You mean the tax cheaters?

I would trust big corporations over small business owners.

You really don't have any concept of economics or how businesses operate do you.

You do understand that profits is what is left after wages, taxes, expenses don't you?

Lol...clearly you have no idea watch social workers make and the **** they put up with. I wouldn't do the job for any amount of pay. I can see how someone like you would be jealous though

I know how much they make and how little good they actually do. It is public knowlege. i wouldn't do their job either but then I have two red seal trades plus a bunch more certificates. And transferable job skills.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
MOTHER OF GOD.

You don't think that kind of Soviet nightmare is coming here? Just the other day I wanted a coffee and had to stand IN LINE forever just to order it. And then I had to wait even longer for it to get made. Again, IN LINE.

I make mine at home.

So Putin can have Tim's.

It fits, hot and bitter.

Seriously, anyone I know that has been to Australia is shocked at the price of things.....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It seems some folks are a little sensitive about any criticism of Tom. Solid folks can withstand criticism! -:)