Montreal family kills daughters

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
However, I think they should be send back to their country and blacklisted from ever returning to Canada.
The family was originally from Afghanistan but had lived in many other countries over the years before coming to Canada - deciding on where to send them to could be problematical. Then too, there is the chance that the country chosen would welcome the family and champion their crime thus making them heroes in the eyes of that society.

Far better they (hopefully) rot here in prison - a cost that as a taxpayer, I am more than willing to bear.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
The Jury found the father, his wife and his son guilty. Then the crazed prosecutor comes out and makes a statement about how "domestic violence" is a major problem.

What's wrong with this politically correct fool? Why not label it as being exactly what it was, an Honor Killing" and state that this kind of barbarism will not be tolerated in any civilized society.

This was NOT a case of "domestic violence". It was murder, base don a totally outmoded version of "Honor".

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The Jury found the father, his wife and his son guilty. Then the crazed prosecutor comes out and makes a statement about how "domestic violence" is a major problem.

What's wrong with this politically correct fool? Why not label it as being exactly what it was, an Honor Killing" and state that this kind of barbarism will not be tolerated in any civilized society.

I'm pretty sure the judge covered that.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From: Imam threatened after Shafia decision | CTV Calgary

Leaders in Calgary's Muslim community are also reacting to the Shafia verdict
but for one of those leaders, his support of the verdict has invited threats of
violence.

Imam Syed Soharwardy says he has been threatened nine times in the last
two days for his views on the outcome of the Shafia case.

The founder of the Islamic Council of Canada says the trial ended the way
it should have. ‘I talked about domestic violence and honour killing. That
this is absolutely horrible crimes that in Muslim may come and see this as
there is room in our religion. There is no room for this kind of crime in
religion," said Soharwardy.

The imam says the case has shed light on the tensions and challenges
young Afghan women face and he says government has to do more to
educate those women and their families when they arrive here.

"Not only just have a test, you know, about Canada but before anybody
comes here I think the government has a responsibility to clearly say
what kind of society this Canada is," said Soharwardy.

Police are now investigating the threats against Soharwardy.

Perspective for the outside looking in (from):
Canadian values in spotlight after "honor killings" - The Times of India

TORONTO: The "honor killing" of three teenaged Canadian girls by members
of their own family has prompted soul-searching in pro-immigration Canada, as
it protects minority religious freedoms and upholds its liberal laws.

Muslim groups said their religion could not be blamed for the quadruple murder
- an elder relative was also killed in the gruesome outburst of family violence.

Adeena Niazi, the executive director of the Afghan Women's Organization in
Toronto said the killings were domestic violence, and not motivated by religion,
culture or an unwillingness to adapt to Canadian values.

"What would happen if the family was not Afghan? What happens if a person
from mainstream kills his girlfriend or wife? Is it a cultural issue? Of course not,"
she said, describing the Afghan community in Canada as outraged by the
quadruple killings.

"Killing is not allowed in the Islamic faith, it is actually denounced," Niazi said.
"Nobody has the right in our religion to take another's life."

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am glad to see these miserable excuses for human beings are going away for twenty five years.
I think people who kill children in first degree murder cases should get the death penalty. Yes I
may be a right wing, left wing middle of the road person depending on issue, but something has
to be done. No the death penalty will not save one person, but in some cases that is not the point.
We should send the message that this is not acceptable period.
In Afghanistan in the last couple of days a woman was murdered by family for having a baby girl
for the third time. This is not civilized and these people and any others who are not civilized should
be off limits for immigration into a civilized society. Those countries that look away in the face of
honor killings and other butchery for what we call sins should not be allowed to amongst us period.
I know some will say that is wrong but we are going to pay one hell of a price for trying to have
social people living in harmony with tribal people, they will not get along for very long in times of
stress for the nation.
I am not being prejudice either, I don't care who people are or where they come from as long as
their social values match the society here. That means people who believe they can kill other for
the reason they shamed the family name. In most families in the west remember in history there
are more horse thieves than bishops

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The family was originally from Afghanistan but had lived in many other countries over the years before coming to Canada - deciding on where to send them to could be problematical. Then too, there is the chance that the country chosen would welcome the family and champion their crime thus making them heroes in the eyes of that society.

Far better they (hopefully) rot here in prison - a cost that as a taxpayer, I am more than willing to bear.

The points you make are excellent, particularly for two main reasons.

1. The person that Ireland (or was it Scotland?) sent back to the Middle East for "compassionate reasons" was treated as a hero, not to mention that his terminal illness amazingly got a whole hell of a lot better! What's to stop this from happening to these monsters?

2. People that have been blacklisted from Canada have still found their way back again. Unfortunately, there are ways for people to sneak back in, and I would rather have these scumwads rotting in prison rather than sneaking back into Canada and attempting to undermine it with their "values".

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What realy gets me is not just the people of their same religion being against the verdict..... I can "understand" that.

Its those "Politicaly correct" tools at the CBC, or reporters of the Toronto Star and other newspapers calling it "Familly vioence" I figure in an attempt to placate the muslim community at large...

The same way they called Major Hasan a simple murderer,...they just couldn't call him what he was....a Terrorist

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Lawyers point to 'prejudicial' evidence for appeal in Shafia case.

I'm sure we will be seeing a whole string of dopey appeals. Shafia still has lots of money left.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Apparently he just transferred his management of his Montreal strip mall to his 18 yr old, high school drop out, son !!

May as well. He won't be getting out of prison any time soon, if at all. He will be able to apply for parole after twenty five years but there is no guarantee that he will get it.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
May as well. He won't be getting out of prison any time soon, if at all. He will be able to apply for parole after twenty five years but there is no guarantee that he will get it.

Yep, his loser son will probably pissaway his money in no time.
Also, apparently he would often ask his past manager about how his money is doing, but apparently, not once did he inquire about how his other 3 children are doing. Apparently they are having some real serious problems..

I just don't understand how our government let a person like this into our country in the first place!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just don't understand how our government let a person like this into our country in the first place!!

The problem is that we don't know how people are going to behave until after they are here. It's the same with
anyone we let in. Apparently, he has never done this kind of thing before. What else do we have to go on?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I hope no one kills them, or sends them out of the country.

They should spend the entire 25 years thinking about this situation, then they can deport them.

There dead family will spend eternity dead.

Maybe future people of this 'type' will think twice before entering this country to live, after
reading about this miserable trio.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The problem is that we don't know how people are going to behave until after they are here. It's the same with
anyone we let in. Apparently, he has never done this kind of thing before. What else do we have to go on?
Well, I agree,,,,,BUT, he did have two wives, we should have known this..
Also, we should realize that honor killing in these cultures is normal. Maybe we if we are going to let in people with this kind of cultural behavior, then it should be mandatory that they take special courses (gov approved) that de-programs them from this type of cultural behavior. Either that or don't let them in...period.!! I am thinking about all the tax money this is now costing taxpayers!!

Maybe future people of this 'type' will think twice before entering this country to live, after
reading about this miserable trio.
It will have little to no impact on others. This cultural behavior is so deeply intreached that this has only taught them that when they kill, they must be more careful,,, maybe do it in there mother country when they go there for a visit!!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well, I agree,,,,,BUT, he did have two wives, we should have known this..
Also, we should realize that honor killing in these cultures is normal. Maybe we if we are going to let in people with this kind of cultural behavior, then it should be mandatory that they take special courses (gov approved) that de-programs them from this type of cultural behavior. Either that or don't let them in...period.!! I am thinking about all the tax money this is now costing taxpayers!!

these types of people will say what the government wants to hear when they want to enter the country.
there is no way of knowing what they really think or believe at that time.

i am willing to happily pay that tax money toward their misery, it is satisfying, and a way I can
help keep them behind bars.

if they were deported, we would never know anything more about them, their country would understand
why they did what they did, and probably find a way to free them.
they hurt all of us in canada, now we can hurt them, and know where they are.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
these types of people will say what the government wants to hear when they want to enter the country.

i am willing to happily pay that tax money toward their misery, it is satisfying, and a way I can

if they were deported, we would never know anything more about them, their country would understand

Well said!!

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

Well we can't be running an immigration system bring in over 250k people per year and go on just what they tell us.
I don't like to pay tax money because somebody in government can't run an immigration system properly !!

Well we can't be running an immigration system bring in over 250k people per year and go on just what they tell us.
I don't like to pay tax money because somebody in government can't run an immigration system properly !!

It is not my responsibility to look after people in other countries..