Liberals solidifying their lead over Conservatives

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Except for the obvious fact that our current government is just the Liberal government of 50 years ago.

Hence why so many boomers are some of their most ardent supporters.

WHAT???

The Liberal gov't of 50 years ago was the gov't of that idiot Pearson, who stabbed Great Britain, France, and Israel in the back over the Suez Crisis, thus making our status as a US satellite official, got a Nobel for the useless idea of peace-keeping in the Sinai, gave us a dish rag as a flag, encouraged Quebec nationalism with the Bi and Bi Commission, and set the stage for the evisceration of our military
with the policy of unification.

Now, please point out the parallels with the Harper gov't.

No ****.

Boomers are still obsessed with strengthening freedoms.
(See current torch bearer and grand pupa Ezra Levant)

Oh the HORROR!!!

(insert very rolled eyes here)

And you guys wonder why we think "progressives" are dangerous.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

It's because you're old, it's inevitable. One day I'll set the sprinkler system in my yard to turn on when students are walking home from school. Your generation is a lot more progressive than the one that came before as well.

As for the flag? Our flag is awesome.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I see you've shifted from liberal to progressive, Colpy.

You do know that free trade is part of a progressive agenda right ?

My point is that there is a mish mash of values here so calling anyone out for being a liberal is kinda pointless because there is some crossover. You might as well take part of the blame for being part liberal.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
As for the flag? Our flag is awesome.

Its all right. There were definitely worse options. Some of the ones they considered were really horrible. Im fine with what we have, though I imagine if I had been raised under another one Id be saying the same thing about that. A flag is a flag.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
It's very troubling to me that so many Canadians can perceive a difference in the parties.

reminds me of that old Emo Philips classic:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He
said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A
Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I
said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern
Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too!
Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern
Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist
Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I
said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern
Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern
Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I see you've shifted from liberal to progressive, Colpy.

You do know that free trade is part of a progressive agenda right ?

My point is that there is a mish mash of values here so calling anyone out for being a liberal is kinda pointless because there is some crossover. You might as well take part of the blame for being part liberal.

Well yeah, you are correct about crossover.

The three major political parties in Canada are ideologically within a stone's throw of each other. They agree on much more than they disagree..........which is a huge blessing.

But

Vive Le Difference!!!

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
The last god damn thing we need is Junior at the helm!

Hardly a ringing endorsement for Harper. and that's teh problem really. Last time it was "Last thing we need is Ignatieff..." The it was "Last thing we need is Bob Rae..." and "Last thing we need is Stephane Dion..." Kind of like the street profit's constant wail of the End of Times.

It's just not sticking this time. A lot of people are fed up with the negativity. And the Conservatives have their accumulation of scandal to be concerned about.

Still the election is a long way away. A lot can happen between now and then.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Poll: Federal Liberals maintain 10 per cent lead over Conservatives

The federal Liberals have maintained their 10-point lead over the Conservatives, according to a new public opinion survey.

The poll by Forum Research found four in 10 respondents, or 39 per cent, would vote Liberal if the federal election were held today, while 29 per cent would vote Conservative. Twenty-two per cent favour the New Democrats.

“The Liberals have consistently been 10 points ahead and the Tories are boxed into their core vote,’’ says Forum Research president Lorne Bozinoff.

When you break out the latest numbers regionally across the country, the picture looks very promising for the Liberals, Bozinoff says.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The federal Liberals have maintained their 10-point lead over the Conservatives, according to a new public opinion survey.

The poll by Forum Research found four in 10 respondents, or 39 per cent, would vote Liberal if the federal election were held today, while 29 per cent would vote Conservative. Twenty-two per cent favour the New Democrats.

“The Liberals have consistently been 10 points ahead and the Tories are boxed into their core vote,’’ says Forum Research president Lorne Bozinoff.

When you break out the latest numbers regionally across the country, the picture looks very promising for the Liberals, Bozinoff says.

Doesn't matter remember Harper fixed Elections Canada so that Conservatives will rule opposition free for eternity .
It must be so I read it here .

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Trudeau's Liberals are taking a significant lead now as everyone but Alberta is dropping Conservative support.

With the aggregate levels of support, the Liberals would likely win 140 seats, with 131 seats going to the Conservatives, 62 seats to the New Democrats, 3 seats to the Bloc Québécois, and 2 seats to the Greens.

http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html?m=1

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Let's make this real simple for you"

Trudeau is an idiot.

Not only is he an idiot, he has no relevant education or experience.

Not only is he an inexperienced idiot, he is a liar. (see his promises on nominations and "top down" leadership)

Not only is he an inexperienced lying idiot, he is a man with a dangerous admiration for tyrants.

So, if you want a stupid, inexperienced lying tyrant as prime minister of Canada, feel free to vote Liberal.

Count me out.
So ... in other words ... he's the same thing as Harper

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So ... in other words ... he's the same thing as Harper

I think most of us know they are all tarred with the same brush. Harper should probably be replaced, BUT when we do it, it should be with something better and that hasn't showed up yet! -:)

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
WHAT???

The Liberal gov't of 50 years ago was the gov't of that idiot Pearson, who stabbed Great Britain, France, and Israel in the back over the Suez Crisis, thus making our status as a US satellite official, got a Nobel for the useless idea of peace-keeping in the Sinai, gave us a dish rag as a flag, encouraged Quebec nationalism with the Bi and Bi Commission, and set the stage for the evisceration of our military
with the policy of unification.

Now, please point out the parallels with the Harper gov't.

Oh the HORROR!!!

(insert very rolled eyes here)

Colpy you prove to the world what a frustrated angry little man with internet access is.

Pearson was known to the world as a great man. The suez crisis was settled and no longer a problem due to his efforts.
Your concept of encouraging Quebec Nationalism is so absurd, and yet a clue as to what you are.

Our military works together just fine and it was visionary . There is no gap between the sharing of knowledge and working together as a team, some other countries have huge problems with.

As for your calling our flag a dish rag, this is unforgivable.
You are below contempt .

Your postings are rambling puerile inadequacies. You have proven yourself time and time again to not read what a poster posts and just use a few words of the post in order to type your inane concepts.

You are the dish rag and have a bed pan for a brain.

I guess Walter is on side with Colpy and his traitorous description of Our Flag.
Walter your redding this proves what you are as well.