Liberals solidifying their lead over Conservatives

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
At this point the numbers are still irrelevant. The election isnt going to be for another two years. In the meantime I imagine most of the parties will move to first place in one poll or another.
Probably. I wonder how many pollsters know that some of the pollees tell them baldfaced lies. I can't say how many I've told over the phone that I'm voting Christian Heritage or Marxist-Leninist. lol

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's a year and a bit and they've got some legs.

Yeah I realized I got the date wrong after posting it. Time flies. For a few minutes I forgot its 2014.

Probably. I wonder how many pollsters know that some of the pollees tell them baldfaced lies. I can't say how many I've told over the phone that I'm voting Christian Heritage or Marxist-Leninist. lol

A fair amount. I used to work for a company that did these polls. Im hoping at least 1/4 of the people I called were joking. You can get some really weird responses from people.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone who thinks for even a second that Junior is capable of running a gov't. is just as naïve as he is!

I wouldnt know one way or another. Most people who get into government dont know how to run a government when they first get in. There isnt really a school or some sort of program people can go through to prepare them for the job. Hell most MPs have no idea what their job really is when they first get in.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Ever notice how the Cons around here post negative stuff about the other candidates so Harpy doesn't appear to be so bad rather than post about his good qualities?

Oh, wait, could be because his only good qualities are
hhhmmmm

How long is a year and a bit in Canada time?
multiply by 8 and divide by 5 I think.

I wouldnt know one way or another. Most people who get into government dont know how to run a government when they first get in. There isnt really a school or some sort of program people can go through to prepare them for the job. Hell most MPs have no idea what their job really is when they first get in.
That's why just about everything is run by bureaucrats (which in turn is a major reason why Canada's debt is so high).

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
More experience as a politician and strategist and he might go somewhere

You need neither to win an election. His fathers first win in 1968 proved that. He had been in cabinet maybe a year and an MP for about 4 years. He spent most of that time on the back bench. Some of his opponents both in the Liberal leadership race and his first election had a lot more experience than him but still lost. Mulroney had even less experience in parliament when he won in 1984. Sure, he had a lot of experience behind the scenes with the PCs but thats different from experience in office.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ever notice how the Cons around here post negative stuff about the other candidates so Harpy doesn't appear to be so bad rather than post about his good qualities?

Oh, wait, could be because his only good qualities are
hhhmmmm

Its not so much his 'good' qualities but his 'less bad' qualities when compared with his alternatives (for me anyways).

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Wut? But he's so pretty.

Sadly looks alone can get you pretty far in politics.

Its odd that even Harper doesnt try to help himself with some things. I met him once and was pretty surprised by how friendly and funny he was. He's not that seemingly emotionless robot the media makes him out to be.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Wut? But he's so pretty. How could anyone even think about not voting for him? And he's soooo on top of all the issues. lol

opps almost forgot the purple

make no mistake, he will definitely get support based on that.

You need neither to win an election. His fathers first win in 1968 proved that. He had been in cabinet maybe a year and an MP for about 4 years. He spent most of that time on the back bench. Some of his opponents both in the Liberal leadership race and his first election had a lot more experience than him but still lost. Mulroney had even less experience in parliament when he won in 1984. Sure, he had a lot of experience behind the scenes with the PCs but thats different from experience in office.

All I'm saying is that he showed his cards too soon.

In terms of the historical examples you have used, I do not disagree in the least, however, we live in an age where communication is now so easy and everything is instantaneous. The debate that will occur (through ads and media) will be a thousand times more intense today than when Trudeau Sr won (or lost).

I really do believe that Trudeau Jr has jumped the gun on this... That said, I'm certain that he has more to say, release, etc but I suspect that the Dippers and Cons ar5e keeping quiet as to not provide unnecessary ammo for what's to come in the next year or so.

This is where I believe that the strategy and tactics come into play

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That's why I think before they try to run a country the size of Canada they should try a small one like Luxembourg or Monaco.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A majority of Canada is naive.

You heard it here first.

> implying 34% is a majority

You heard that here first too.