Liberals solidifying their lead over Conservatives

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have never understood some people's obsession with worshiping flags. Insulting a flag isn't the worst thing you can do. It isn't treason and it isn't unforgivable. Soldiers die for their countries, the people in their countries, their rights and beliefs. They don't die for flags.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Pearson was known to the world as a great man. .

First of all, as I am capable of thinking for myself, unlike most Liberals, I do not depend on the opinion of "the world" in the formation of my own opinion.

The suez crisis was settled and no longer a problem due to his efforts.

HA!! Now THAT is hilarious, considering that Egypt and Israel fought TWO major wars since 1956.

Your concept of encouraging Quebec Nationalism is so absurd, and yet a clue as to what you are.

I suggest you take an introductory course in Canadian history. Obviously, you know nothing about the subject.

Our military works together just fine and it was visionary . There is no gap between the sharing of knowledge and working together as a team, some other countries have huge problems with.

HA!! Why do you think they are slowly being separated again?? Communication between the forces was never a problem. Unification simply turned the upper levels of command into a bureaucracy without regimental pride, and was exceptionally damaging to morale.

As for your calling our flag a dish rag, this is unforgivable.
You are below contempt .

I simply prefer the Canadian Ensign, which included some sense of design, and was symbolic of our history.. The outrage was the destruction of the Canadian flag and its replacement with a nicely designed dishrag.

Your postings are rambling puerile inadequacies. You have proven yourself time and time again to not read what a poster posts and just use a few words of the post in order to type your inane concepts.

Speaking of puerile inadequacies, have you looked in the mirror lately??

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
This person is not worth your time Count. Once again he has misaligned himself with what his mind produces .
None of it is debate.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have never understood some people's obsession with worshiping flags. Insulting a flag isn't the worst thing you can do. It isn't treason and it isn't unforgivable. Soldiers die for their countries, the people in their countries, their rights and beliefs. They don't die for flags.

You're right but it's highly disrespectful and very poor taste!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Trudeau's Liberals are taking a significant lead now as everyone but Alberta is dropping Conservative support.

ThreeHundredEight.com: Canadian federal polling averages

Anyone else notice the geographical divide between support for Lib's or Con's?
The Manitoba-Ontario border is like the Mason-Dixon Line....

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Exactly.

I don't get the idolatry either..........

Although I certainly do have a preference for the old Canadian Red Ensign, which includes a Union Jack, symbolic of our connection to the traditions of England, English common law and constitution, and our Queen, and a shield bearing symbols of England, Ireland, Scotland, France and Canada..........
The Ensign was the symbol of Canada from 1868 to 1965, and is still flown at the Vimy Ridge Memorial. It was our flag through our three greatest wars.............including the First World War, in which we really became a nation.

As for the Maple Leaf, it is simply a dead maple leaf on a background of nothingness, bordered by two columns of red ink. I guess a suitable symbol to be foisted upon us by a Liberal government.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is a long way from election day and a poll is nothing more than a snapshot in time.
There is an expectation of trending within 18 months of an election and the trending is
not favoring the Tories on the surface of it.
Lets look at these polls last confirmed in March really and that was several months ago.

Now look at polls since the last election as it were when the Torie numbers were 38 to 40
percent. Tory numbers have not reflected the higher levels of support for some time now.
It could also be Liberal numbers peaking way too early combined with instability in Quebec.
It also depends on the vote split in key riding's in Ontario.

We can't say if an election were held tomorrow either because the core numbers are for
a much earlier period back in March.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Harpo handed the next election to the Liberals or NDP yesterday. He will loose most of his seats in BC and started a war between the Ottawa Cons and BC.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Harpo handed the next election to the Liberals or NDP yesterday. He will loose most of his seats in BC and started a war between the Ottawa Cons and BC.

Pony plans on exporting to Asia too. How is it going to get there? Wagon trains pulled by unicorns? Open ditch?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nope you were never voting for him anyway .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Pony plans on exporting to Asia too. How is it going to get there? Wagon trains pulled by unicorns? Open ditch?

Good point, but the optics favour the Liberals on environmental stewardship.

This is an area where the Cons have really screwed themselves royally, and people would trust a Liberal government over a Conservative one to make sure a project like this is carried out safely and respects the environment.

Blame the curmudgeons.

They killed Hudat and they are damaging Harper.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's all role play. Harper Pony or the unicorn herders. The whole point of a northwestern port is because it reduces a round trip to Shanghai by a week. The location was picked in the Chretien days. Given the go under Martin who passed the helm on to Harper.

There are no magic wands in nation building. Something the size of the AP Gateway and the corridors take 20-30 years to build. We are only at the halfway point.

What would Pony have done differently? Lied to appease?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Harper's reputation on the environment is not role play.

He has made material changes to legislation that will pave the way for future governments to get away with neglect.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
While I agree with what you've said here, I'd point out that "land, folk, and rights" as motivation for soldiers fades away pretty quickly. Soldiers fight and die for their buddies. Nothing like being under fire to sort out your priorities.