It is bail out season again

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
OK, another hint: Charles was the given name of the person who invented the vulcanization of rubber, whose family name was adopted to the name of the still largest rubber company of the world.

That's not a hint, that's a clarification. You stated that Charles is the first name, but Charles is not part of the company name.

As you may have figured out, I have no intention of naming the company, I don't need to. And I daresay that not a single person on this forum doesn't know what you're talking about. Have you ever been in the plant? Have you ever been in any tire plant?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Charles is not part of the company name.

No, but it's part of the name the company was named after 40 years posthumously.

OK, another hint: Charles was the given name of the person who invented the vulcanization of rubber, whose family name was adopted to the name of the still largest rubber company of the world.

If you don't say it after all these clues and hints, is it REALLY ignorance?

lone wolf, let's hear from you. You are smart and not bound by confidentiality(?).

A mere bagatelle! :lol:

JLM, I never needed artificial and phony advice written by artificial and phony characters to find, get, maintain, win and love friends.

/QUOTE]

"Artificial and phony"???????????

I read the book (written by Dale Carnegie) about 47 years ago, it's good advice for anyone and still holds true today.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
That's not a hint, that's a clarification. You stated that Charles is the first name, but Charles is not part of the company name.

As you may have figured out, I have no intention of naming the company, I don't need to. And I daresay that not a single person on this forum doesn't know what you're talking about. Have you ever been in the plant? Have you ever been in any tire plant?

OK, don't name it. As far as your contention that not a single person on this forum doesn't know what I am (and you are too much of a chicken) talking about, please, never underestimate the ignorance of self-righteous ignoramuses.

Yes, I have been in the plant. I also started as a factory worker (compounder) in the old (and since demolished) plant in New Toronto in 1965 and retired from the same company as a successful computer programmer after a career in Canada and in the United States.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Under the federal privacy legislation, I could be punished for revealing information about my customers without their consent.
If I had a nickel for every time somebody asked me which TSX-V stocks they should buy into I'd have a lot off nickels and be in the hoosegow.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Lies have been known to cover up ignorance and more lies, but usually the relief liars feel is only temporary. There is an old saying that one catch a liar faster than catching a lame dog.

Imagine, a simple Google search could have prevented total humiliation.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh, I'd have told you hours ago had you bothered to ask.... I've hauled freight (Quinte Transfer) into the plant

BTW.... (that's By The Way, for the alphabetically challenged among us) how is this:

"So is the most modern tire factory in North America, in Napanee, Ontario." related to this:

"Michelin was able to keep their plants union-free by having legislation written specifically for them."

Anything other than a continuation of a sub-thread started by this:

"Must suck that Toyota's not a union shop" - which, By the way, was posted by ME - THUS an conversation you joined, then so rudely accused me of interrupting....

Grow T/F up (and I am quite sure you know what THAT means) and quit acting like a pouty four-year-old.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Oh, I'd have told you hours ago had you bothered to ask.... I've hauled freight (Quinte Transfer) into the plant

BTW.... (that's By The Way, for the alphabetically challenged among us) how is this:

"So is the most modern tire factory in North America, in Napanee, Ontario." related to this:

"Michelin was able to keep their plants union-free by having legislation written specifically for them."

Anything other than a continuation of a sub-thread started by this:

"Must suck that Toyota's not a union shop" - which, By the way, was posted by ME - THUS an conversation you joined, then so rudely accused me of interrupting....

Grow T/F up (and I am quite sure you know what THAT means) and quit acting like a pouty four-year-old.

I am glad that you do not write our children's/grandchildren's history books. Your recollection of events, sadly, is inaccurate and spotty. As are your manners.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I am glad that you do not write our children's/grandchildren's history books. Your recollection of events, sadly, is inaccurate and spotty. As are your manners.
Andem, Mod Team, Fellow Members.... I offer apologies to you all for losing my cool....

Jack.... Nobody here is that stupid he/she can't scroll back and just read this thread.

I offer you this sincerely....

Get some help, you poor, miserable soul....

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Andem, Mod Team, Fellow Members.... I offer apologies to you all for losing my cool....

Jack.... Nobody here is that stupid he/she can't scroll back and just read this thread.

I offer you this sincerely....

Get some help, you poor, miserable soul....

Only you, lone wolf, only YOU.