Israel- Hamas Ceasefire

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Besides, I doubt anyone who is rational would consider threatening nuclear warfare to be anything but an empty threat. After all, who'd think Israel would be irrational enough to carry out a threat that would render Israel itself into a GlowZone?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Besides, I doubt anyone who is rational would consider threatening nuclear warfare to be anything but an empty threat. After all, who'd think Israel would be irrational enough to carry out a threat that would render Israel itself into a GlowZone?

If Iran gets Nukes and attacks Israel. [example]

I honestly think it's a matter of time before we see a nuke set off in the Middle East or the Los Angeles Harbor.

There is always someone out there bat **** crazy enough to do just about anything in the name of their God.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If Iran gets Nukes and attacks Israel. [example]

I honestly think it's a matter of time before we see a nuke set off in the Middle East or the Los Angeles Harbor.

There is always someone out there bat **** crazy enough to do just about anything in the name of their God.
Ifs? A buncha ifs are cause enough to let loose nukes?
Well, your thoughts are just that - thoughts.
Oh, I know there are some pretty crazy people around. Fortunately, most don't hold positions of much power (at least in relatively developed nations).

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Boomer

Are you crazy with hate and rage or are you satirically making points in favor nuclear proliferation to Arab states and justification for Iran to develop nukes?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The ceasefire seems to be holding despite a few rockets fired by the Palestinian side for a short time after the supposed start of the ceasefire. Palestinian militants don't have a structured command structure. Hamas can agree to whatever they want, but unless they can get the other factions to agree, a ceasefire won't hold. Its also possible that it took time for rocket launching teams to get the message.

On the Israseli side, they seem to have stopped killing Gazans... We will see if Israel will end its blockade as per the terms of the ceasefire agreement. So far the blockade is still in place. If Israel doesn't allow the free flow of people, goods and services (subject to inspection for arms of course) in/out of Gaza within a day or so, I would expect the militants to pick up where they left off.

More excuses and qualifiers,....in advance..... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Ifs? A buncha ifs are cause enough to let loose nukes?
Well, your thoughts are just that - thoughts.
Oh, I know there are some pretty crazy people around. Fortunately, most don't hold positions of much power (at least in relatively developed nations).

Oh I don't know Les, if we consider the pickeled predicament the western developments find themselves in at this time we might be persuaded to reevaluate what evil crap those same developements are capable of. If we can take as an indication the words of the highly developed above poster boomer we may be able to concede that perhaps development isn't always a good thing. Obviously some piece of work that threatens nuclear holocaust against it's neighbours can't really be that developed in a benevolent way.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Oh I don't know Les, if we consider the pickeled predicament the western developments find themselves in at this time we might be persuaded to reevaluate what evil crap those same developements are capable of. If we can take as an indication the words of the highly developed above poster boomer we may be able to concede that perhaps development isn't always a good thing. Obviously some piece of work that threatens nuclear holocaust against it's neighbours can't really be that developed in a benevolent way.
Didja miss the word "relatively" in my comment?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Didja miss the word "relatively" in my comment?

Not at all. The term relatively developed nation has no meaning without context, I think. You are assuming we would all point in the same direction and as we have seen some would point at Israel as the only true developed nation. eh
And I would have to agree, they are right, Israel is a unique bad development.

Yesterday was 21 11 12 crazy eight

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Not at all. The term relatively developed nation has no meaning without context, I think.
True. I meant relatively developed meaning that one wouldn't be ruled by some nutbar, would be fairly well technologically well-off, etc.
You are assuming we would all point in the same direction and as we have seen some would point at Israel as the only true developed nation. eh
Nope.
And I would have to agree, they are right, Israel is a unique bad development.
In some instances, yes, but not all.

Yesterday was 21 11 12 crazy eight
Oh, damn. I missed the end of the world? Nuts. I miss all the fun.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
More excuses and qualifiers,....in advance..... from the Joo hater :roll:
Once could be excused as heat of the moment. Twice might be a mistake or you being a ****wad. But every reference to one of my posts as a joo hater or some other similar insult is harassment and against forum rules.

I'd rather stay civil than escalate to a flame war, lower myself to juvenile name calling or flood the mods with your last dozen or so forum rule violating posts.

Back on subject.

Technically the militants already violated the ceasefire by firing missiles at Israel for a few hours after the start time. But since then its been quiet. Israel could have restarted the violence, but they let it slide, indicating a level of restraint IMO. Hamas claims that their ability to hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is a new deterrent and that they have an ability to inflict real pain on Israel. To some degree that's true. Israel's economy is disrupted every time Hamas fires a missile at Tel Aviv. It doesn't matter whether or not its knocked out of the sky by anti-missile missiles. So the small Israeli death toll is not the big cost. Its lost productivity and fear.

Still, firing rockets at civilians is a war crime.... but so is going after the homes, families and friends of people of interest

I see two winners in this recent battle.

1) Israel's Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
Iron Dome is a missile-defense system developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., an Israeli military contractor, in conjunction with the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). It is designed to intercept incoming rockets, long-range artillery and aircraft, and destroy them in the air before they reach populated areas.
How Israel's Iron Dome missile defence system works - Technology & Science - CBC News
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMO, Israel has achieved a milestone by creating an effective anti-missile counter system. Its not 100%, but crosses a threshold where anti-missile systems are effective enough to now be practical. Further technological advancements will likely achieve near 100% defense capability up to a given saturation point in the not so distant future. (all defense systems can be over run by sheer volume) Congrats to the Israeli scientists at Rafael behind this effort.

2) Gaza's Rocket Manufacturers
I believe the Iranians when they claim they did not smuggle any missiles into Gaza. What they did was train Gaza's rocket makers how to make Fajr-5 rockets and other advanced short/medium range missiles.
Iran transferred Fajr-5 missile technology to Gaza: IRGC chief - Tehran Times

I believe Israel took out most/all Gaza's Fajr-5 launch sites. But what they didn't do was take out the ability of Gazans to manufacture advance medium distance rockets or their ability to launch them at Israel. Gazans can and probably have already tooled up Fajr-5 production for the next round. If peace ever becomes permanent, Gaza could become a missile exporter...

I strongly believe that if the Rafah crossing opens up to materials import/export, the militants will uphold their end of the bargain. If Israel violates the ceasefire agreement by maintaining the blockade or by playing bureaucratic games to effectively keep the blockade in place, the militants will violently resume their disruptions to the Israeli economy.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Once could be excused as heat of the moment. Twice might be a mistake or you being a ****wad. But every reference to one of my posts as a joo hater or some other similar insult is harassment and against forum rules.

I'd rather stay civil than escalate to a flame war, lower myself to juvenile name calling or flood the mods with your last dozen or so forum rule violating posts.

Keep it civil.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
True. I meant relatively developed meaning that one wouldn't be ruled by some nutbar, would be fairly well technologically well-off, etc. Nope. In some instances, yes, but not all.

Oh, damn. I missed the end of the world? Nuts. I miss all the fun.

Ah well have you considered that we being so developed might not have developed very developed nutbars. Yes it's my conviction that we have highly sophisticated intellectual nutbars who just appear to be average trough feeders.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
2) Gaza's Rocket Manufacturers
I believe the Iranians when they claim they did not smuggle any missiles into Gaza. What they did was train Gaza's rocket makers how to make Fajr-5 rockets and other advanced short/medium range missiles.
Iran transferred Fajr-5 missile technology to Gaza: IRGC chief - Tehran Times

That's not actually what he said, he said they sent the technology, not missiles. In other words, they sent the parts. It's just doublespeak for "yeah yeah of course we supplied Gaza with missiles, but they assembled them themselves wink wink".

Looks like Meshaal didn't get your memo either:

Hamas praises Iran for arming Gaza militants - ITV News

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm sure parts found their way from Iran and other sources... but I read "technology was transferred" to mean Gaza's rocket makers could probably operate autonomously with just raw materials to make parts.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Palestinian militants don't have a structured command structure. Hamas can agree to whatever they want, but unless they can get the other factions to agree, a ceasefire won't hold. Its also possible that it took time for rocket launching teams to get the message.
Nice excuses.

On the Israseli side, they seem to have stopped killing Gazans... We will see if Israel will end its blockade as per the terms of the ceasefire agreement. So far the blockade is still in place. If Israel doesn't allow the free flow of people, goods and services (subject to inspection for arms of course) in/out of Gaza within a day or so, I would expect the militants to pick up where they left off.
LOL, Das hit the nail on the head.

More excuses and qualifiers,....in advance..... :roll:
As always, the genocidal apologists and terrorist supporters are looking for ways to make it Israel's fault.

Now do a post that has some reality in it.
You first.

It shouldn't be. It's a provable observation.

Just because you don't actually call anyone that pokes holes in your propaganda a supporter of war crimes and crimes against humanity, directly. Does mean they don't see through the cowardice.

Technically the militants already violated the ceasefire by firing missiles at Israel for a few hours after the start time. But since then its been quiet. Israel could have restarted the violence, but they let it slide, indicating a level of restraint IMO. Hamas claims that their ability to hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is a new deterrent and that they have an ability to inflict real pain on Israel. To some degree that's true. Israel's economy is disrupted every time Hamas fires a missile at Tel Aviv. It doesn't matter whether or not its knocked out of the sky by anti-missile missiles. So the small Israeli death toll is not the big cost. Its lost productivity and fear.

Still, firing rockets at civilians is a war crime.... but so is going after the homes, families and friends of people of interest
They don't. That's just collateral damage, not direct targets. Stop lying.

I strongly believe that if the Rafah crossing opens up to materials import/export, the militants will uphold their end of the bargain. If Israel violates the ceasefire agreement by maintaining the blockade or by playing bureaucratic games to effectively keep the blockade in place, the militants will violently resume their disruptions to the Israeli economy.
LOL, Israel defends itself, and it's a war crime. Hamas targets Israeli civilians and it's a disruption to the Israeli economy.

I love it when you let your true face show.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I love it when you let your true face show.

Yup ...Not even any talent at hypocrisy ...everybody sees through it......

I'm sure parts found their way from Iran and other sources... but I read "technology was transferred" to mean Gaza's rocket makers could probably operate autonomously with just raw materials to make parts.
A lot of people find it "interesting" that some people like the ones in Afghanistan could produce arms from basic materials.

Only the most perverted get a thrill up their leg when terrorists like Hamas do it.... :roll:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Could be. That would be highly impressive, being able to apply rocket science to a fully operational munitions factory, smelting their own parts, in an open air prison no better than the Warsaw Ghetto. Imagine what they could do if they would apply that ingenuity and resourcefullness to something more positive than killing Jews and perpetuating war.