Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
So do I. I call us evolving perfection.

How does adoring someone, idol worship basically if an entity is not here, improve a worshiper. Which trait is enhanced?

If we are of it and it is of us, which part of God goes to hell with the huge majority that scriptures say will end there?

Okay nuthole, you understand you can get away with this in Canada but not the USA.

I've dealt with Southern Baptists.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Religion has always been about, controlling the masses.

So it's beneficial to those that want to control.
Being very gullible might be a human defect.

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Our ability is quite child-like comparatively speaking and we are all on different levels of spiritual development. If worship produces good then it is good, that is the only judgement that need be applied.
immature? you say that like it is a bad thing. I do not think it is a bad thing. Young souls are merely young, wise souls are old and experienced

The less evolved we are the further we are from the light/energy...that is separation... god is all good, when we do less than good we are further away... we are he and he is us BUT we journey to evolve...evolving is a choice so is devolving,

he is not in our minds, he is in our essence...

not my problem if you can not comprehend it

pfffffffffffffffffffft, that was an asinine puffed up response... I thought you were more evolved than that...what a disappointment... fair thee well

Correct for you but not to whom it was sent.
You are mixing up who said what to who in those last two points and getting pissed off without cause.

Are you gone/unsubscribed or do you want me to answer your post tomorrow.
I do not have time tonight as it would be a bit long.

Regards
DL

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I see no benefit in that.
We are equal before the law but we are definitely not all equal in the various qualities we give to humans and their characters.
I would verbally slap any of my 4 boys if they said they were no better and no worse than anyone else.

Unfortunately, nature has given us too many poor souls that are wards of the state, if we can call them that, to not recognize that some are better and it is profitable for all of us to push the best to the top.

From natures point of view it would be a delusion and thus a defect for us to think we are all the same.

Regards
DL
So delusion is your strong suite, eh? Nowhere did I say THE SAME.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The immature, yes. That is why Jesus said that we were to take the rules of God and write them in our hearts. He wants us to recognize the spirit of the law and not the black and white of a written law.
can you tell me why you quote Christ when you don't believe in him?

My theology says that I cannot separate myself from God even if I wanted to and in the context of the original post, it was said that we are part of him and him of us and from there, no separation is possible either.

God exists in our minds. I cannot see how we can get away from our own minds.

Regards
DL

Once again you show your hypocracy. You also show your continued ignorance. Everyone can "separate" themselves from God if they so choose. God has given us that right and ability. Just because you, in your ignorance, can not conceive of how that is possible does not mean it is not possible.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I've seen the solace and comfort belief in a deity can bring into the heart of an individual, and make him part of something greater than himself...a community of the faithful. I wish I could bring my self to believe in an Immanent God, but I can't believe.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Religion has always been about, controlling the masses.

So it's beneficial to those that want to control.
Being very gullible might be a human defect.

+ 1

Regards
DL

So delusion is your strong suite, eh? Nowhere did I say THE SAME.

Semantics. Bite me.

Regards
DL

can you tell me why you quote Christ when you don't believe in him?

Once again you show your hypocracy. You also show your continued ignorance. Everyone can "separate" themselves from God if they so choose. God has given us that right and ability. Just because you, in your ignorance, can not conceive of how that is possible does not mean it is not possible.

So you can tell God where to be. Wow. Such power.
You are presumptuous and I am not and you come down on me. How droll.

As to why I quote Jesus. Not all of his wisdom has been written out of the scriptures yet. The churches just do not teach his good stuff.

Like this gem.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

You likely have no ideas what he is saying here.

Regards
DL

I've seen the solace and comfort belief in a deity can bring into the heart of an individual, and make him part of something greater than himself...a community of the faithful. I wish I could bring my self to believe in an Immanent God, but I can't believe.

It does seem that all religion is good for these days is to appease our tribal natures.

We all want to be a part of something big. Most want to follow in ignorant bliss and just a few it seems want the stress of leadership.
I do not mind but dislike that religions are based on lies and that theists often dump their morals to follow their Gods.

That is the defect that causes the atrocities of the past and present.

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Correct for you but not to whom it was sent.
You are mixing up who said what to who in those last two points and getting pissed off without cause.

Are you gone/unsubscribed or do you want me to answer your post tomorrow.
I do not have time tonight as it would be a bit long.

Regards
DL
I had to vanish, I am up super early and you keep me up too late last night...lol

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Satanic . LOL.

Thanks for what I see as uninformed lies.
Get your stats and I will get mine if you are at all serious about your claim.

Regards
DL

Statistics are the work of Satan. Still it will be interesting to have you post the statistics from say the fifteenth century. You seem to believe in the progress of crime prevention but not in the progress of crime. Crime rules this time like perhaps no other time, don't forget the tech improvements in criminal communication and education and the marvelous success that crime has enjoyed working the public servant angle. When old criminals get together in some saner time they will invariably lament the passing of this the golden age of fraud and murder.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I had to vanish, I am up super early and you keep me up too late last night...lol

Please to see our point of discord seems to have vanished.

"he is not in our minds, he is in our essence..."

We may be just stuck in semantics here.

Our minds are the seat of our consciousness and to me that is where our essence is. Without a good mind, to some extent, our consciousness cannot exist. That would basically make us vegetables.

Jesus says the same at about the two minute mark so the scribe that put those word in his mouth was bang on in my view.

banned books from the bible part 6 - YouTube

Regards
DL

"Is needing or wanting toworshiping a God a human defect or benefit?" I don't "needing or wanting to worshiping" anything. But I do. I worship Marvin. He ain't a god, though. He's just a funny little Martian.

Good.

Nice to know that you know that man was meant to go about on his feet and not his knees.

Regards
DL

Statistics are the work of Satan. Still it will be interesting to have you post the statistics from say the fifteenth century. You seem to believe in the progress of crime prevention but not in the progress of crime. Crime rules this time like perhaps no other time, don't forget the tech improvements in criminal communication and education and the marvelous success that crime has enjoyed working the public servant angle. When old criminals get together in some saner time they will invariably lament the passing of this the golden age of fraud and murder.

Thanks for the stats. Oops you have none and just continue in your delusion.

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Please to see our point of discord seems to have vanished.

"he is not in our minds, he is in our essence..."

We may be just stuck in semantics here.

Our minds are the seat of our consciousness and to me that is where our essence is. Without a good mind, to some extent, our consciousness cannot exist. That would basically make us vegetables.

Jesus says the same at about the two minute mark so the scribe that put those word in his mouth was bang on in my view.

banned books from the bible part 6 - YouTube

Regards
DL

Good.

Nice to know that you know that man was meant to go about on his feet and not his knees.

Regards
DL

Thanks for the stats. Oops you have none and just continue in your delusion.

Regards
DL
My delusion does not include worship of the BBC.