Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Is it a defect or a benefit? That was the question....

Yes and I answered with an if and gave the condition.

Tell us if there is someone there for the party to compare to or if it is an invisible other and I can give you a definitive answer.

Regards
DL

and Jesus said, I bring you a new and ever lasting covenant.

If no fault had been found with the first a second would not have been required.

What happened to God's, I change not and his, not a word changes out of my mouth, or something like that.

A new covenant is a change.

Regards
DL

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If no fault had been found with the first a second would not have been required.

What happened to God's, I change not and his, not a word changes out of my mouth, or something like that.

A new covenant is a change.

Regards
DL

When you can finally comprehend beyond "or something like that" let me know.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yes and I answered with an if and gave the condition.

Tell us if there is someone there for the party to compare to or if it is an invisible other and I can give you a definitive answer.

Regards
DL

Yes there is a defect or yes there is a benefit. Either is an answer. What you did is squeak yourself around the question. If there is some one or something there, both would live in belief. Maybe that's the part too complicated for you to grasp.

Good Lord.... That would make you human

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Is needing or wanting toworshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
Could be either or and if it improves the worshiper then regardless it is of benefit to the worshiper and those around them. Therefore a positive is created.
Gods have no needs or wantsthat man can assuage.
Agreed

Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God tohave such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.
Disagree, we are of IT and thus it is of us.

I see us as just as foolishas germs
I see us as earthly manifestations of god and therefore wonderful.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Neither... or, as software developers would say, "That's not a bug... that's a feature".

It would have started with our need to solve problems, like how to start fire, and how to make a tool good enough to kill mammoths for food, and how to kill bears and other smart humans for defence... how to make pottery in order to store grain (whereupon moist grain would either ferment into bread or beer, women would take the bread to feed their kids and guys would take the beer... but that's another story).

At some point all of that problem-solving brain-mass got some spare time, and therefore did what problem-solving brain-tissue does, which is solve problems, such that it started compulsively thinking about other problems, like why we exist, what is colour, do ants have emotions, and why is my brother a jerk.

Eventually a hypothesis was derived that a majority could agree upon, which was there is a sort of Supreme Being so hugely out there that it's like the bacteria in our gut wondering who made their warm, mushy environment, such that if one were to figure out an antibiotic clever enough to kill off the bad intestinal bacteria in order to to leave behind the species making biotin and leave the stools smoothly passing, the surviving microbes could call it an act of God.

Eventually someday humans should evolve to the point where they can be like gods, such that they will have to deal with questions from life-forms like Moses-before-the-burning-bush, wherein the Mosenite will ask questions like, "Who are you and why are you here and what's the point of you talking to me", whereupon I bet you would go into a rant along the lines of, "Do you have any idea what it took me to get here? I'm doing you a favour you snivelling sh*t!"

We script God in our image because that's what makes sense to us, and it is the kind of God we'd be if in charge.

The interesting part will be if we figure out a way to do immortality, such that we find ourselves facing the spiritual fore-Father, and He smirkily says, "So you figured it out, eh?"

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
When you can finally comprehend beyond "or something like that" let me know.

You show your hypocrisy and the fact that you do not know your own bible.
What a poor example of a Canadian. Shame on you.
Any excuse to not speak to the defective covenant of your defective genocidal son murderer.
You have no pride pulling such **** in front of all.

Regards
DL

Yes there is a defect or yes there is a benefit. Either is an answer. What you did is squeak yourself around the question. If there is some one or something there, both would live in belief. Maybe that's the part too complicated for you to grasp.

Good Lord.... That would make you human

I caught you with a defective and unclear question and if that is too complicated for you to grasp then what can I say.
I could get stupid and go into ignorant mode like you did but I will take the brighter way and ignore.

Regards
DL

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
You show your hypocrisy and the fact that you do not know your own bible.
What a poor example of a Canadian. Shame on you.
Any excuse to not speak to the defective covenant of your defective genocidal son murderer.
You have no pride pulling such **** in front of all.

Okee dokee... what if I were to show you the face of God?

What do you think will happen?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Could be either or and if it improves the worshiper then regardless it is of benefit to the worshiper and those around them. Therefore a positive is created.
Agreed

Disagree, we are of IT and thus it is of us.

I see us as earthly manifestations of god and therefore wonderful.

[/FONT][/FONT]

So do I. I call us evolving perfection.

How does adoring someone, idol worship basically if an entity is not here, improve a worshiper. Which trait is enhanced?

If we are of it and it is of us, which part of God goes to hell with the huge majority that scriptures say will end there?

Regards
DL

Neither... or, as software developers would say, "That's not a bug... that's a feature".

[/FONT]

I was not sure what to say about the rest so let me just say that feature and benefit are likely synonymous here.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Okee dokee... what if I were to show you the face of God?

What do you think will happen?

I would wink in the mirror you hold to my face.

1A Hidden Meanings In Bible - YouTube

If you want to see the only God you will ever know, look in a mirror yourself.

You want proof. Answer this simple question.

Who but you has the power to make you voluntarily do anything?

Even Omni-max God does not have that power.
Right?

Regards
DL

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I caught you with a defective and unclear question and if that is too complicated for you to grasp then what can I say.
I could get stupid and go into ignorant mode like you did but I will take the brighter way and ignore.

Regards
DL
When you're seeking to be insulted, you'll be it every time. The question isn't complicated. Why can't you answer it?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So do I. I call us evolving perfection.
I like that, evolving perfection. Very nice.

How does adoring someone, idol worship basically if an entity is not here, improve a worshiper. Which trait is enhanced?
Meh sometimes a little "fear" is not a bad thing. When a child is unable to reason due to an as of yet undeveloped cognitive ability they behave because to do otherwise brings an undesirable consequence. Same with people and god. Worshiping, adulation etc forces the worshiper to focus on something larger and more powerful. It keeps certain types in line.

Some people cannot process or understand nuance. They need rules, and regulations and set behaviors. They need black and white, there is no grey.

If we are of it and it is of us, which part of God goes to hell with the huge majority that scriptures say will end there?
There is no hell other than what an individual creates. Hell is separation from God and that is a choice. It doesn't separate from us, rather we separate ourselves.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
If you want to see the face of your god, just look in a mirror. If that frightens you, you are in deep doggy doo doo.

Oops. I should have read down and not duplicated your words.

My bad but great minds etc.

Do you think anyone here has the logic to follow what I told our friend about having more power than Gods?
It is sort of abstract but I see it as an undeniable truth.

Regards
DL

When you're seeking to be insulted, you'll be it every time. The question isn't complicated. Why can't you answer it?

Place it properly ---- after you insert the fact I needed to know to answer it ---- and I will.
Is the comparison to someone real or imaginary?

Regards
DL

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Place it properly ---- after you insert the fact I needed to know to answer it ---- and I will.
Is the comparison to someone real or imaginary?

Regards
DL

You placed the original (poorly worded) text. Your comparison is to someone/something quite real to the faithful and imaginary to they who don't believe. Are you questioning us or yourself?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I like that, evolving perfection. Very nice.

Thanks.
Meh sometimes a little "fear" is not a bad thing. When a child is unable to
reason due to an as of yet undeveloped cognitive ability they behave because to
do otherwise brings an undesirable consequence. Same with people and god.
Worshiping, adulation etc forces the worshiper to focus on something larger and
more powerful. It keeps certain types in line.

Understood but we were talking adult and not child but if you are indicating that those adults who adore are stuck in childish thinking then we have no argument.

Some people cannot process or understand nuance. They need rules, and
regulations and set behaviors. They need black and white, there is no grey.

The immature, yes. That is why Jesus said that we were to take the rules of God and write them in our hearts. He wants us to recognize the spirit of the law and not the black and white of a written law.

There is no hell other than what an individual creates. Hell is separation
from God and that is a choice. It doesn't separate from us, rather we separate
ourselves.

My theology says that I cannot separate myself from God even if I wanted to and in the context of the original post, it was said that we are part of him and him of us and from there, no separation is possible either.

God exists in our minds. I cannot see how we can get away from our own minds.

Regards
DL

You placed the original (poorly worded) text. Your comparison is to someone/something quite real to the faithful and imaginary to they who don't believe. Are you questioning us or yourself?

You created the scenario in question.

Rephrase it or be gone. Last chance my friend.

Regards
DL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Understood but we were talking adult and not child but if you are indicating that those adults who adore are stuck in childish thinking then we have no argument.
Our ability is quite child-like comparatively speaking and we are all on different levels of spiritual development. If worship produces good then it is good, that is the only judgement that need be applied.
The immature, yes. That is why Jesus said that we were to take the rules of God and write them in our hearts. He wants us to recognize the spirit of the law and not the black and white of a written law.
immature? you say that like it is a bad thing. I do not think it is a bad thing. Young souls are merely young, wise souls are old and experienced

My theology says that I cannot separate myself from God even if I wanted to and in the context of the original post, it was said that we are part of him and him of us and from there, no separation is possible either.
The less evolved we are the further we are from the light/energy...that is separation... god is all good, when we do less than good we are further away... we are he and he is us BUT we journey to evolve...evolving is a choice so is devolving,

God exists in our minds. I cannot see how we can get away from our own minds.
he is not in our minds, he is in our essence...

You created the scenario in question.
not my problem if you can not comprehend it

Rephrase it or be gone. Last chance my friend.
pfffffffffffffffffffft, that was an asinine puffed up response... I thought you were more evolved than that...what a disappointment... fair thee well

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Is it a defect or a benefit for a human to accept he/she is no better or no worse than anyone else on this planet?

Rephrased enough to make it clear enough?

I see no benefit in that.
We are equal before the law but we are definitely not all equal in the various qualities we give to humans and their characters.
I would verbally slap any of my 4 boys if they said they were no better and no worse than anyone else.

Unfortunately, nature has given us too many poor souls that are wards of the state, if we can call them that, to not recognize that some are better and it is profitable for all of us to push the best to the top.

From natures point of view it would be a delusion and thus a defect for us to think we are all the same.

Regards
DL