Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There are those who say you can't prove a negative!
I don't think you don't know what you are talking about. I can't remember the last time I felt a need to prove anything I have said. It may have to do with: I don't believe anything and what I know is only relevant to me. But I do enjoy playing word association games.

Cat!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think you don't know what you are talking about. I can't remember the last time I felt a need to prove anything I have said. It may have to do with: I don't believe anything and what I know is only relevant to me. But I do enjoy playing word association games.

Cat!

O.K. Cliffy...........it's too early in the week for any deep thinking! -:)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There are those who say you can't prove a negative!

Cat!

Notice how this works JLM? Those that don't believe what Cliffy believes are wrong, but he doesn't need to "prove" his thinking because it only applies to him.... so he is right, and the rest of us are wrong...... and he calls others closed minded.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
"I'm just one hundred and one, five months and a day."
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Lewis Carroll "Through the Looking Glass"

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Notice how this works JLM? Those that don't believe what Cliffy believes are wrong, but he doesn't need to "prove" his thinking because it only applies to him.... so he is right, and the rest of us are wrong...... and he calls others closed minded.
As usual, you try to interpret what others say through the looking glass of your own belief system. Just because I say something that disagrees with what you say, doesn't mean I am saying you are wrong. All I am saying is this is what I happen to think about this topic at this point in time. It has nothing, really, to do with what you believe, It is not about right or wrong. I can accept that you believe something is right. I can accept that it is right for you. All I might say is this is right for me. It is not an argument, just a statement. Have i ever said you were an azzhole for believing what you do?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
As usual, you try to interpret what others say through the looking glass of your own belief system. Just because I say something that disagrees with what you say, doesn't mean I am saying you are wrong. All I am saying is this is what I happen to think about this topic at this point in time. It has nothing, really, to do with what you believe, It is not about right or wrong. I can accept that you believe something is right. I can accept that it is right for you. All I might say is this is right for me. It is not an argument, just a statement. Have i ever said you were an azzhole for believing what you do?

There have been plenty of times you have stated that the Christian faith is a fairy tale cliffy.....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There have been plenty of times you have stated that the Christian faith is a fairy tale cliffy.....
Yes, to me it is a fairy tale. So what? Does it shake your faith that I think it is? Like I said, it is a statement, not an argument.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yes, to me it is a fairy tale. So what? Does it shake your faith that I think it is? Like I said, it is a statement, not an argument.

Nope, doesn't shake my faith at all, what it does is show your ignorance, your inability to see the big picture, and your inability to open your very closed mind. It shows that you, obviously, have very little "faith" in your own beliefs since you need to degrade others faith.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I was just quoting "the great I am and know it all".................Sir Joseph Porter of Pirate fame! -:)

Think for yourself to confirm what you quote is true.

You were partially right in your original post but you have been such a **** I thought I would get one in on an obvious error on your part.

Reciprocity is fair play. Watch your mouth.

Regards
DL

I understand the situation but fail to see the problem.

The Jews admit that the O T is myth and we know that the N T was produce by Josephus for his Roman masters so what else should intelligent men call it?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Is is defect or a benefit for a human to accept he/she's not the biggest, brightest and best person on the playground?

Only if there is no one bigger, brighter or best there to be seen.

The same applies to invisible super Gods.

Regards
DL

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Is there something wrong with that, Gerry? I'm a little skeptical when it comes to Jonah living inside a whale for three days!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Is there something wrong with that, Gerry? I'm a little skeptical when it comes to Jonah living inside a whale for three days!

and that has what to do with the Christian Faith?