Help enstate Tims Law (greyhound bus murder)

shrimpsey

Mar 6, 2009
nevermind, it doesn't matter. This thread is about the petition, and the fact that laws DO need to be made/changed. That the decision in this case is NOT justice.

Do you even know the details of what this man did?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
From what I hear he was acting not so polite or Canadian like and sawed off some guys head.

shrimpsey

Mar 6, 2009
This site isn't what I thought it was. Hopefully those CANADIANS who do know about it, and are outraged will see the link. I am not surprised at the ignorance of the americans, your used to murder, why would you care......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This site isn't what I thought it was. Hopefully those CANADIANS who do know about it, and are outraged will see the link. I am not surprised at the ignorance of the americans, your used to murder, why would you care......

Excuse me?

we ARE allowed to disagree with you..........

Calm. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And what the hell do the Americans have to do with it?:roll:

shrimpsey

Mar 6, 2009
Colpy - I have no problems with disagreement. Its that I wanted this to be about the incedent, what happened, that their is a problem with the outcome, not what the thread turned into.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Ya, the rest of his life eh, like the guy in alberta who murdered someone by stabbing them 27 times, was deemed mentally ill, and spent 3 years in a mental institutan,he IS now OUT, free and working in Edmonton, oh ya, with no criminal record either BTW, just like Li will be if he gets out. The prosecuter was already refuring to his illness in the past tense on teh news last night8O

Is he better?

If he's better than what exactly is the problem?

the point of our justice system is to rehabilitate people.

Perhaps if someone gets sick and spreads that illness to others they should be held guilty for murder as well?

If the guy is crazy, and he can be cured and helped, I fail to see the problem.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If the guy is crazy, and he can be cured and helped, I fail to see the problem.

Hmmm. Zzarch... do you really think that I a guy or gal who commits a crime like this should be let out?

I'm not saying kill him, I am against the death penalty. Not that it matters as you folks don't have it but this was a heinous crime. I can see not wanting a knee jerk reaction but this WAS pretty bad.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Hmmm. Zzarch... do you really think that I a guy or gal who commits a crime like this should be let out?

I'm not saying kill him, I am against the death penalty. Not that it matters as you folks don't have it but this was a heinous crime. I can see not wanting a knee jerk reaction but this WAS pretty bad.

Its kind of irrelevant how bad it was, if he was crazy and he can be helped, what exactly is the point in keeping him locked up? Besides spending hundreds of thousands of dollars that could go to curing some mom dying of cancer.

If I get smallpox, and 30 people get it from me before Im cured, I should hope you wouldn't count me as a serial killer and lock me up forever.

The operative words, CAN BE CURED. If Im still contagious, lock me up for life in Quarantine.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I would love to debate that but I really need to get going.

But man... sawing a guys head off is abnormally heinous. I do not think that sickness should be treated as a Small Pox carrier.

Its a different type of sickness. It is not a disease carrier... it is really a madman. That is what he is and I doubt that can be cured. He hacked a sleeping strangers head off on a bus.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
This man should be treated for his mental ilness, BUT HIS RIGHT TO BE IN THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE VOID FOR LIFE.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Nonsense, if Li were convicted of second-degree murder, he would be eligible for parole after 10 years.

Li is mentally ill; it is very likely he will be institutionalized the rest of his life, let alone 10 years.

If we call ourselves a civilized nation, then instead of knee-jerk vengeance, we and the institutions acting in our name must be able to separate guilt of the sane from the rash and unreasoned acts of the ill - physically or mentally.

I for one would not sign this petition.

Spade
I agree – a law like that is a step backwards in time – Next Shrimpseys will have penal colonies and debtors prisons – Not much thought went into his thread topic –
For Millennia the insane have been treated as if they were touched by the hand of God -