Gutless Canadian Gov. Officials Turn Blind Eye

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Try all the demonizing BS the US and its lackey media keep spewing about Iran and the lunatic Prez and fanatical religious right wing government. People are buying that crap without having any first hand knowledge of any of it. When was the last time you were in Iran, Goobs? Why do you believe this propaganda? It comes from the same source as WMDs in Iraq. For all we know, the Yanks are just bombing the crap out of southern Pakistan just for the hell of blowing shyte up.

There is only one threat to world peace at this time and it is the US and its military machine.

Well I try to read up from a number of sources and i include the UN - You are 100 % completely biased against the Us and by having such a clear bias it affects your judgment.

Well, in light of how Harpo runs his government, I doubt if more than a handful of the top cabinet ministers even have a say in foreign policy. But Liberal man has a point. If Omar was Caucasian, he would have been home a long time ago. If there are racists in the Harpo government, it would only be the upper echelon who make decisions. The rest, even if racist, would have had a say in the matter.

Ask Iggy how he would love to have Khadr back home again. - Not much of that coming out of Iggy - So when you tar, make sure you get it to the right places and people.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Well I try to read up from a number of sources and i include the UN - You are 100 % completely biased against the Us and by having such a clear bias it affects your judgment.

As I have said before, I have issue with US foreign policy and as Eisenhower forewarned, a great distrust of the military/industrial complex, which if you are paying attention, includes Canada's military/industrial complex (and Great Britain, and Russia and Israel and...) Do you really think that what the US tells you is the truth? If you do, I have some WMDs you might be interested in.

Ask Iggy how he would love to have Khadr back home again. - Not much of that coming out of Iggy - So when you tar, make sure you get it to the right places and people.
Also, as I have said before, all those bozos in Ottawa are in it to gobble up as much of the trough as they can. Integrity is non-existent in the houses of parliament or churches.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He has suffered 8 years of torture and deprivation. Do you seriously think his "confession" was real? Do you really think the Yanks have a right to do what they are doing. They bombed the crap out of the kid's father and friends. They were approaching his position. Don't tell me that you would not have thrown the grenade. He was by definition a child soldier. Who are the real terrorists in that conflict?

From my understanding, the guy murdered some people in cold blood. But we don't have the death penalty because we find it morally repugnant. If we can deport Canadian citizens to the US for trial on the basis of being a pot advocate, we should be able to have one of ours, no matter what he has done, to avoid that which is morally repugnant to the majority of Canadians. There seems to some serious moral dichotomy going on in the Harper government. Personally, if the guy was guilty beyond all shadow of a doubt, I would just shoot him and save a lot of money and trouble, but nothing is that cut and dry. There is always doubt, especially when prosecutors are elected and politics become involved. I just don't know or care about the case to have an official position on it.

Do you really need to ask that question? They are all politicians after all. Right, left, center, they are all in it for the trough.

Cliffy, I'm not debating what he may have done or what may have been done to him. You stated that a white version of him would be home by now, I think otherwise.

Regardless of you personal feeling on the death penalty, if Harper had a bias for a certain race of criminals, he would have bailed buddy out in Montana.

Harper is many things but I don't see being a racist/xenophobic as one of them

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy, I'm not debating what he may have done or what may have been done to him. You stated that a white version of him would be home by now, I think otherwise.

Regardless of you personal feeling on the death penalty, if Harper had a bias for a certain race of criminals, he would have bailed buddy out in Montana.

Harper is many things but I don't see being a racist/xenophobic as one of them
You may or may not be right, but it is unfair to compare a child combatant's self defensive actions with those of a cold blooded murderer.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Anybody who gets their jollies by thinking about the people/person they killed is clearly a psychopath.
Khadr should never be allowed to walk the streets of NA again.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You were there. You have first hand knowledge of his actions. I don't think so. All you have is propaganda.

Was I there, good question. Waste land pretty much all looks the same maybe. Did I actually see him. No But I have seen other so called children who were armed and trained by al-Qaeda shooting and killing UN soldiers. They are just as deadly as an adult, in many ways more so, they don't think, just do.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
With understanding of the situation at hand, understanding of laws, justice and human rights and using common sense.....

Just as long as they are the laws that result with a decision that you approve... And you talk of kangaroo courts.

Once again you use another piss poor comparison that doesn't even relate to the topic at hand, let alone what was said.

The comparison is bang-on... You wanna blame the medic for his own death; going to provide medical care to Khadr. That kind of logic is right up there with blaming the rape victim.

The soldier and the US forces that were involved in this situation were the instigators of this situation and they shouldn't have let their guard down until the entire area was secured.

What part of "Khadr is not from Afghanistan" don't you get. By your own definition, he was just a much (if not more) of an invader than the US is.

If you want a comparison, compare it to a hostage situation where the hostage taker kills all his hostages and then strolls out of the bank thinking it's all over, only to get blown away by the SWAT team waiting outside...... then crying foul because you weren't ready or you personally considered the whole thing done and over with.

Good example; All you have to do is parachute Khadr into the role of hostage taker...

Blaming others for getting killed when you started an armed conflict and already killed a number of your enemy is just pathetic.

Just like Khadr blaming the US for maltreatment and hiding behind this bullsh*t about being a "child".. He was sure a big man when he was firing on the soldiers and an even bigger man when he was building the bombs that would kill/maim innocents, wasn't he?

I still haven't seen you even address how that right to life applies to others, such as Omar.

.. And... You feel that Khadr's right to kill Lt. Speer supercedes Speer's right to life.

the only people who actually have a right to be over there are the Afghans themselves. So if Omar isn't supposed to be over there because he's not an Afghan..... what excuse do you have for the Americans going over there with all their military might to blow everything and everybody up?

We'll in all fairness to the Americans' blowing everyone up.. They didn't get to blow up the innocents on busy streets or malls, they didn't get the chance to kill civilians randomly with roadside bombs and they didnt get to deliver acid face-washes to young school girls... That activity is specially reserved for Khadr and pals.

So, which greoup do you think the Afghans would want to have to put up with?

By all means, show me those handy little videos they left behind that show him using women and children as human shields, or was that just you trying to use more baseless emotion bullsh*t again?

But your baseless emotional bullsh*t is A-OK?

So, because Praxius hasn't been shown the videos, they just don't exist..... Nice try though. I can appreciate that the existence of these inconvenient little items don't go too far in supporting teh lies that poor, wee Omar is a victim.

It's too bad they didnt fully publicize the videos. Khadr would likely be rotting in Gitmo for a long time.

His role over there was to be a good little son to his father and fight his father's own wars for him or end up dead by his father's hands.

All you've said is that Khadr is a spineless idiot that is incapable of thinking for himself... So what?

"Because the Sexual Predator in Cell Block 3 doesn't like Omar, that settles everything on the matter." ~

... Why not use the twisted logic you feel applies to Speer... Maybe Khadr instigates it?

Ah wonderful, more emotionally charged crap...... perhaps he did....... but more importantly.... Did Omar throw acid in the faces of little girls???

Come on genius..... answer that one for me.... then maybe I'll considering answering your stupid question above.

I just like to push that sh*t in your face Praxius... You are the chief apologist for terrorism and justifying Omar's actions re: Lt. Speer but you don't have the stomach to apologize for the tenets that Khadr and his ilk stand for.

Hypocrite

Nonetheless, I see that you don't like to practice what you preach. All of your pissing and moaning about proving the videos exist and proving that Khadr threw the grenade, how about you prove that a/any specific US soldier killed anyone in Afghanistan?... Prove it with names, dates and the event Einstein.

You can't can you... Does that mean it never happened

------------------------------------------

How come you didn't mention that it is not a sworn statement and there was no chance for the prosecution to challenge it.

Here's a good reason for ya: It was all a big load of sh*t.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Cliffy said:

"You may or may not be right, but it is unfair to compare a child combatant's self defensive actions with those of a cold blooded murderer."

Different people mature differently. Mozart at the age of five was more mature, musically, than most people are at 55. That is just one example, but there are many others. On the other hand, some people never reach maturity, at least not according to Sir Winston Churchill. Many examples are easy to find on this forum.

Also let us not forget parental influence. Kids raised by jihadist parents are full blown, MATURE jihadists by the age of 15. You know, as Omar Khadr was when he willingly and gladly committed his act, hoping that his tender age would be an undeserved excuse.

This guy IS a murderer and deserves no better than what he got.