Gutless Canadian Gov. Officials Turn Blind Eye

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Irrelevant emotional jargon...... Paperboys, Servers and Puppet Masters don't carpet bomb villages, killing dozens of civilians and then turn to the media and claim they had it coming because they were in their villages when they wanted to take out one or two Taliban.

Which is why people like the above are sent to courts to seek justice in the first place, otherwise nothing would be done..... and considering it's not the victims on trial, the above is also irrelevant emotional jargon.

Selfish agendas? Which ones are those, them seeking actual justice?

There is no justice served when someone is thrown into a kangaroo court that's designed to only hand out guilty verdicts.... there is no truth sought, there are no facts proven, thus there is no real justice to victims because the truth never really comes out and all that is served is the desire for revenge..... regardless if that revenge is trusted upon the truly guilty person or an innocent person.... so long as someone suffers that's all that seems to matter.

I understand quite well that victims should have justice served and make sure those who made them into victims are punished accordingly, which would make you think they'd want a Real Court using Real Laws and Real Due Process being used to get to the truth, rather then using a court system that ignores internationally accepted rules and regulations towards justice and law and a system that continually judges their captured as guilty long before they ever step foot in that court.

Oh, so he should have pleaded his innocence should he?

Funny, I thought that's what he's been continually doing for the last friggin 8 years...... clearly it wasn't working and they were just going to stall his case for as long as it took for him to eventually break and confess so he could get the hell out of there, rather then rot there for the rest of his life.

And I know damn well that if you were tossed into the exact same situation at the age of 15 right up until now and you knew you were innocent, yet continually told by everybody around you that you're guilty, you were tortured and threatened with rape and getting attacked by dogs, have your country abandon you and have your country's intelligence agency turn a blind eye and faced more and more years of this continual abuse until you confessed, you would have probably cracked sooner then he did and admitted guilt so you could go home..... so don't stand there and act all high and mighty like you're the omnipotent perfection of mankind for all to adhere to.

Oh and about me blaming the medic for a "murderous and cowardly act?"

Well, considering he was supposed to be the trained soldier, Omar apparently wasn't a "Soldier" and Omar was a 15 year old kid that seemed to get the upper hand on a trained soldier whom was part of a force that started the fight in the first place and attacked them without warning..... and at best, Omar was defending himself after already being wounded, followed by being shot twice in the back by a cowardly US Soldier while he was unarmed..... you tell me who should have been more responsible in this situation.

One would think the "Trained Soldier" who started the fight in the first place would do a little better then get killed by a 15 year old kid, whom by the US's words, wasn't a "Soldier"...... yet at the same time the US claims was a member of a terrorist organization in which they declared war on (War on Terrorism after all)

Wow, way to completely miss the mark with your comparisons. Not everybody brainwashed is tossed into a war zone to kill..... some are brainwashed into religious cults to cut off their balls and commit suicide so they can be teleported to an alien vessel hiding behind a passing comet.

Maybe you should get a little education on what Brainwashing is all about so that you can actually discuss the topic of brainwashing with a little intelligence and understand what point was being made.

You're damn right it's great..... at best, Omar was defending himself after already being wounded..... what the US did after the conflict due to their embarrassment of losing one of their own trained soldiers at the apparent hands of a little kid is exactly where human rights and international laws went out the window.

Hmmmm, toss all the blame on a brainwashed 15 year old kid who was dragged over there by his lunatic father as opposed to tossing the blame on one of the world's leading and more powerful countries in the world whom are supposed to stand for freedom, democracy and all that other crap the UN and every other western nation believes in..... and using their blood lust for vengeance to publicly witch hunt a little kid rather then doing the right thing in the first place....... yeah, I'll blame the US and hold them accountable.

You don't read very well do you?

Here, let me shove it back into your face again so you can take your time, read it slowly and perhaps learn something for once:

"his right to due process and true justice was averted, therefore any final conclusions that come from this mockery of a court system are invalid imo..... even if the court system found him innocent."

I personally don't give a rats ass..... he was a soldier, he voluntarily joined up to serve, he went over there to fight an illegitimate war against people who were not directly responsible for what happened on 9/11 and in the military during a time of war..... there is always the risk of being killed in some way. He knew this, every friggin soldier out there knows this and if he couldn't hack this and if he couldn't accept this fact, maybe he shouldn't have signed up in the first damn place.

You can't join the military, go off to war, start blowing things up and killing people, get shot or killed by the enemy in the middle of combat and then cry foul because that's not what you had in mind.

Frig get a clue.

Right to Life indeed.... what about Omar's Right to Life? At the time he apparently tossed the grenade, he was already wounded and blinded in one eye..... they started the attack, he was seriously injured.... in my books and in the books of just about every other court system out there, that's justifiable action in order to preserve one's own life, especially when one fears that their life is in danger.

AKA: Self Defense.

You might have an argument for his so-called "Right to Life" if he was a civilian, and even if he was a civilian..... where's the protection of one's "Right to Life" for all the countless civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq that were murdered by the US?

Oh that's right, they're Muslims..... they're not the same level of human as the rest of us, I forgot...... and people wonder why there are some out there who don't like us.

Neither, it's because, as I have already explained to you, they created this illegitimate court system that was not only bias, illegal and un-recognized by any other country, it ignored all recognized human rights and protections even the US claimed to uphold..... but it was designed to find those in the court guilty and nothing but guilty.

Because of that, any final ruling by this court, innocent or guilty, would be at fault because true justice was never meant to be sought in the first place.

Sez me, sez the UN and sez many others and many other countries who already go their citizens back years ago after they pleaded guilty in order to go home.

A conviction in an illegitimate court not recognized by any other nation, government or the UN for that matter is no conviction at all...... and an admission of guilt in a farce is no real admission.

The Gitmo courts were never designed for real truth or for real justice, thus why provide a "Real" plea?

Doesn't matter considering US invented rules and laws have been applied to this situation, and in both the US, Canada and the rest of UN Member nations, he's still considered a child, regardless of whatever kind of Monkey show the US can invent..... that's all that matters.

Besides, since when did the US ever give a damn about what people think or consider in Afghanistan?

Considering the documents that were never shown in his case pointing at the contradictions in the US soldier's stories about who was alive at the time of the grenade being tossed, who they actually saw toss the grenade and claimed they killed after the fact, and the fact that much of that information was edited and re-written after the fact to suit the story that it was only Omar left alive to toss the grenade, therefore it must have been he who did it.

Even though based on their obviously modified and contradictory records, not one single soldier involved saw him throw the grenade in the first place.

With the above alone, that's more then enough to warrant reasonable doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------

By the way, here's some related news on this case:

Omar Khadr is seen on the third day of his sentence trial at Camp Justice
on Guantanamo Bay on Wednesday in this sketch by courtroom artist
Janet Hamlin.

Khadr’s lawyers aim to discredit psychiatrist
Khadr?s lawyers aim to discredit psychiatrist - Canada - TheChronicleHerald.ca

Well that's the risk you take when you join up in the military...... to expect those you're shooting at and attacking with intent to kill to not somehow try and fight back to defend themselves..... is quite honestly retarded.

"I was in complete despair - I would not get to see my kids again."

Sorry, that just sounds like a pussy response if you ask me.... blubbering like a baby over what could have happened, which never did. He was in a combat operation, which was dangerous (usually combat operations are)..... He's still alive.... quit your wincing.

And how the hell did he manage to sue Omar's dead father who obviously couldn't testify..... and win tens of millions of dollars in the process?

Where's that tens of millions of dollars going to come from? Are they going to make a portal into the afterlife to hunt him down with his 72 virgins and shake all the loose change out of their g-strings? :roll:

This has turned into such a soap opera for the US public it's just ridiculous..... military soldiers sobbing as they recall how they thought they were going to die, but weren't...... US officials standing up in front of the cameras with their chests all puffed out and bragging that justice was served and without a shadow of doubt the person they're holding is guilty.... .psssh....... and an overly-biased Danish psychologists coming along and claiming he's some Uber dangerous lunatic ready to blow himself up the first chance he gets...... as if the Danish aren't known for their bigotry against anything Muslim and then later being chewed apart by the defense over obvious blunders, bias and misinformation on his part..... which no doubtfully will be ignored by the US goons running the show and still consider it all as valid........

...... I guess some countries still need some time to move into the 21st century.

Next up in the courts will be Galileo Galilei for suggesting the Earth revolves around the Sun.

How does one really respond to your twisted and disturbing logic?

I really like the argument that the medic was responsible for his own death.... The last time I heard that pathetic reasoning was relative to hearing defense lawyers blame the rape victim for "dressing too sexy and really wanting it". Perhaps you can go down to the courthouse next time there is a rape trial going on and try that line to the victim.

Further, this bullsh*t about the US forces invading, etc... Newsflash for ya; Khadr isn't an Afghan. That said, he wasn't there to defend anything, his role (as per the handy little videos the terrorists left behind) was an offensive one... A run-of-the-mill terrorist that uses women and children as human shields and disposable chattels.

Nonetheless, with any luck, Khadr will spend the rest of his sentence in a regular prison, maybe even in general population. I suppose that we'll see what the inmates think of your buddy in terms of his being a "terrorist rock star" or maybe they'll just think that he's dressed just too damn sexy and wants it.

A last question for you... Did Gallileo Gallei throw acid in the faces of little girls?.. Just askin'.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Try all the demonizing BS the US and its lackey media keep spewing about Iran and the lunatic Prez and fanatical religious right wing government. People are buying that crap without having any first hand knowledge of any of it. When was the last time you were in Iran, Goobs? Why do you believe this propaganda? It comes from the same source as WMDs in Iraq. For all we know, the Yanks are just bombing the crap out of southern Pakistan just for the hell of blowing shyte up.

There is only one threat to world peace at this time and it is the US and its military machine.

Maybe Saddam had those W.M.D.s buried in Syria. Shyte = Bin Laden.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think the polite thing to do would be to check with them first to make sure it's alright. Myself I might be slightly miffed to learn someone had made that decision for me. But that's probably just my old fashioned way of thinking......................silly old man!
Governments are making those decisions every time they deploy troops into harms way.

Maybe Saddam had those W.M.D.s buried in Syria. Shyte = Bin Laden.
Bin Laden is dead. Al Qiada is a myth created by the CIA. They're just blowing stuff up because they have small dick syndrome.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It was on the news today that Binny boy is still alive.

Paris increases security after Bin Laden threat
Believe it if you want. All I'm saying is look at the source. Anybody can produce pictures of a dead guy. Just look at the "confession" tape of Bin Laden admitting to 911. It does not even remotely look like Bin Laden. We are being sold a bill of goods here that just don't ad up except in military/industrial complex ledgers.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
How does one really respond to your twisted and disturbing logic?

With understanding of the situation at hand, understanding of laws, justice and human rights and using common sense..... so far since you've only debated using emotionally charged bias and ignorance towards those you don't consider human beings, rather then factual reasoning..... I guess there is no way for you to respond and thus, no wonder why it seems twisted and disturbing to you because you simply don't understand what's really going on.

I really like the argument that the medic was responsible for his own death.... The last time I heard that pathetic reasoning was relative to hearing defense lawyers blame the rape victim for "dressing too sexy and really wanting it". Perhaps you can go down to the courthouse next time there is a rape trial going on and try that line to the victim.
Once again you use another piss poor comparison that doesn't even relate to the topic at hand, let alone what was said.

The soldier and the US forces that were involved in this situation were the instigators of this situation and they shouldn't have let their guard down until the entire area was secured.

If you want a comparison, compare it to a hostage situation where the hostage taker kills all his hostages and then strolls out of the bank thinking it's all over, only to get blown away by the SWAT team waiting outside...... then crying foul because you weren't ready or you personally considered the whole thing done and over with.

Blaming others for getting killed when you started an armed conflict and already killed a number of your enemy is just pathetic. In a situation where it's kill or be killed, your survival over someone else's survival, anything goes, regardless if you're a soldier or a civilian..... you bitch about the Right to Life for the soldier who's purposely over there to kill others, yet I still haven't seen you even address how that right to life applies to others, such as Omar.

Further, this bullsh*t about the US forces invading, etc...
Bullsh*t about the US forces invading?

What I said is true..... perhaps you should read up on your recent history.

Newsflash for ya; Khadr isn't an Afghan.
Newsflash.... neither are the Americans or any of the NATO forces that are over there..... the only people who actually have a right to be over there are the Afghans themselves. So if Omar isn't supposed to be over there because he's not an Afghan..... what excuse do you have for the Americans going over there with all their military might to blow everything and everybody up?

Oh that's right, you don't have an excuse.

That said, he wasn't there to defend anything, his role (as per the handy little videos the terrorists left behind) was an offensive one... A run-of-the-mill terrorist that uses women and children as human shields and disposable chattels.
By all means, show me those handy little videos they left behind that show him using women and children as human shields, or was that just you trying to use more baseless emotion bullsh*t again?

His role over there was to be a good little son to his father and fight his father's own wars for him or end up dead by his father's hands.

Nonetheless, with any luck, Khadr will spend the rest of his sentence in a regular prison, maybe even in general population. I suppose that we'll see what the inmates think of your buddy in terms of his being a "terrorist rock star" or maybe they'll just think that he's dressed just too damn sexy and wants it.
Ah, so Canada's Criminals and their expert knowledge on these subjects are what you use for judgment in these matters?

That makes your argument sound so much better.

"Because the Sexual Predator in Cell Block 3 doesn't like Omar, that settles everything on the matter." ~ yeah ok :roll:

A last question for you... Did Gallileo Gallei throw acid in the faces of little girls?.. Just askin'.
Ah wonderful, more emotionally charged crap...... perhaps he did....... but more importantly.... Did Omar throw acid in the faces of little girls???

Come on genius..... answer that one for me.... then maybe I'll considering answering your stupid question above.

------------------------------------------

Here's Omar's Official Statement:
CBC News - World - Omar Khadr apologizes to widow

"My name is Omar Khadr. I'm 24 years old. I finished 8th Grade. My hobbies are sports and reading. I decided to plead guilty to take responsibility for the acts I've done...

Firstly, I lost my sight in my left eye. And my right eye was severely wounded. I still experience problems with my right eye. I have a cataract and shrapnel. I've been notified by medical staff that I might lose my vision from my injuries. I was shot twice in my back. Once in my left shoulder, another in my back and they both exited from my chest...

That's my biggest dream and biggest wish, to get out of this place. Because, being in this place, I've really known and understood the wonders and beauties of life I haven't experienced before. I would really like to have a chance to experience these things.

The first thing is school and knowledge, have the chance to have true relationships, an experience I've never had in my life. And almost everything else in life. Education is knowledge and I have a fascination with knowledge. I just feel it's something beautiful to understand and know and have a sense of everything in life...

The most important thing that I wish for is being a doctor of medicine. That's because, me personally, I've experienced from my injuries physical pain and I've experienced like emotional pains. I know what pain means. I'd really love to relieve a person who is suffering from such pain.

During my time here, as Nelson Mandela says, in prison, the most thing you have is time to think about things. I've had a lot of time to think about things. I came to a conclusion that hate, first thing is, you're not going to gain anything with hate. Second thing, it's more destructive than it's constructive. Third thing: I came to a conclusion that love and forgiveness are more constructive and will bring people together and will give them understanding and will solve a lot of problems...[Standing, to Tabitha Speer]: "I'm really really sorry for the pain I've caused you and your family. I wish I could do something that would take this pain away from you. This is all I can say."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's no use Praxius, some people are too thick to understand that War has a different set of rules, for your own self preservation when you see the enemy you shoot and ask questions later. It's a terrible situation but one of life's realities. WWI was supposed to be the war to end all wars, but sadly man hasn't changed and until he does War will continue to be a fact of life.

It doesn't matter what they do to Omar, he's likely to be around somewhere in some capacity for 50 or 60 years. I think we're still at the stage where he can be salvaged, so I think it's up to society to decide if he's to be a useful productive human being or public enemy #1.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh please, what a bunch of horse****. So you are basically painting all Conservative MP's as being racist?

Well, in light of how Harpo runs his government, I doubt if more than a handful of the top cabinet ministers even have a say in foreign policy. But Liberal man has a point. If Omar was Caucasian, he would have been home a long time ago. If there are racists in the Harpo government, it would only be the upper echelon who make decisions. The rest, even if racist, would have had a say in the matter.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Well, in light of how Harpo runs his government, I doubt if more than a handful of the top cabinet ministers even have a say in foreign policy. But Liberal man has a point. If Omar was Caucasian, he would have been home a long time ago. If there are racists in the Harpo government, it would only be the upper echelon who make decisions. The rest, even if racist, would have had a say in the matter.

So, let's go on the "if"s:

If the current Government was a Liberal one, (or Heaven forbid, an NDP one) Omar Kadr right now would be in Canada, not only a free man, but a decorated one, and in charge of national security.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
So, let's go on the "if"s:

If the current Government was a Liberal one, (or Heaven forbid, an NDP one) Omar Kadr right now would be in Canada, not only a free man, but a decorated one, and in charge of national security.

And for a second there I thought your post was actually going to make sense.

If it was a Liberal or NDP leadership, you're right.... Omar would have been returned back home a long time ago, he would have probably gotten the help he needed in the first place and either by now or soon he would probably be a free man..... and on top of that, maybe Canada and the UN (along with a number of other nations) would see this as an opportunity to shut down Gitmo and the US's other secret detention centres around the world where to this day they continue to torture and strip away people's human rights based on hearsay and botched evidence.

..... but where you lost me was when you slid into the ridiculous claiming that he'd be decorated and in charge of national security, hinting on that old and tiresome rhetoric of the NDP or the Liberals being Terrorist supporters and out to kill everybody and eat their babies while we all sleep.

^ Almost sounds George Bush'ish in your conservative booga booga fear mongering.

You could have made a valid point against both the NDP and the Liberals and given a good jab, but had to go one step farther with such foolishness and turned your post into a complete joke.

Thanks though. E for effort.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Cliffy, Harper likes to be known as being tough on crime, let nature take it's course etc, what would he have to gain if he repatriated a white terrorist?

Also, are you are aware of the Caucasian male currently on death row in Montana, the man that the Harper government has recently been chastised for not demanding commutation of his death sentence?

Going with your logic, he should have had his sentence commuted months ago.

If it was a Liberal or NDP leadership, you're right.... Omar would have been returned back home a long time ago, he would have probably gotten the help he needed in the first place and either by now or soon he would probably be a free man..... and on top of that, maybe Canada and the UN (along with a number of other nations) would see this as an opportunity to shut down Gitmo and the US's other secret detention centres around the world where to this day they continue to torture and strip away people's human rights based on hearsay and botched evidence.

That's funny, I don't recall the Liberal Government demanding his repatriation when they were in charge. Did they have a sudden charge of heart and or morals or possibly they are just politicians willing to say anything to score points?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy, Harper likes to be known as being tough on crime, let nature take it's course etc, what would he have to gain if he repatriated a white terrorist?

He has suffered 8 years of torture and deprivation. Do you seriously think his "confession" was real? Do you really think the Yanks have a right to do what they are doing. They bombed the crap out of the kid's father and friends. They were approaching his position. Don't tell me that you would not have thrown the grenade. He was by definition a child soldier. Who are the real terrorists in that conflict?

Also, are you are aware of the Caucasian male currently on death row in Montana, the man that the Harper government has recently been chastised for not demanding commutation of his death sentence?

Going with your logic, he should have had his sentence commuted months ago.
From my understanding, the guy murdered some people in cold blood. But we don't have the death penalty because we find it morally repugnant. If we can deport Canadian citizens to the US for trial on the basis of being a pot advocate, we should be able to have one of ours, no matter what he has done, to avoid that which is morally repugnant to the majority of Canadians. There seems to some serious moral dichotomy going on in the Harper government. Personally, if the guy was guilty beyond all shadow of a doubt, I would just shoot him and save a lot of money and trouble, but nothing is that cut and dry. There is always doubt, especially when prosecutors are elected and politics become involved. I just don't know or care about the case to have an official position on it.

That's funny, I don't recall the Liberal Government demanding his repatriation when they were in charge. Did they have a sudden charge of heart and or morals or possibly they are just politicians willing to say anything to score points?
Do you really need to ask that question? They are all politicians after all. Right, left, center, they are all in it for the trough.