Gutless Canadian Gov. Officials Turn Blind Eye

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
How about we call him a youth... The perpetual references to him as a "child soldier" are done exclusively as an attempt to strengthen a weak position.... Khadr was neither a child nor a soldier.

"The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines a child as a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child,"

Child - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Youth, Toddler, Infant, Teenager, it doesn't matter what you call one.... they're still a child.

That was true 8 years ago- Now he is what? An adult? A confirmed Jihadist?- 8 years to change? Is he mentally and emotionally stable or not - Who knows
So we will wait and see but as i mentioned earlier his Family are supporters of Jihad - And it appears he still is -

You know what they say about appearances.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Interesting.... I would have thought that the UN would have had an entire section recognizing and excusing the actions of child terrorists... maybe there are still editing the final version, eh?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Does that apply to terrorists too?

Whether it's a Terrorist, Paperboy, The person who serves you at Wendy's, Janitor, Clown or Puppet Master...... they're all humans and the above applies to all humans, regardless if the US calls someone a Terrorist, an Enemy Combatant, Enemy Non-Combatant or Super-Being of Terror.

Even serial killers and predators of children are still Human Beings and are still protected by the same rights and laws as any other human....... you, I...... and yes, even Avro.

Yet because some brainwashed kid may or may not have tossed a grenade while being attacked and killed a medic who obviously wasn't paying attention..... somehow some think it's justified in tossing different classifications around to remove these rights and when that doesn't work, they make other classifications up so that they're somehow not covered.

When in reality they still are covered and protected and for that, someone in the US should be held accountable...... but we all know nobody will.

And I say he may or may not have tossed the grenade despite his confession, simply because I do not recognize the kangaroo court they invented and dragged him through.... his right to due process and true justice was averted, therefore any final conclusions that come from this mockery of a court system are invalid imo..... even if the court system found him innocent.

The real truth of this case was never given, real justice was never served, and because of this and everything else that lead up to his forced confession, the people running this side show standing on their high horses with their chests all puffed out proud that he pleaded guilty and shoving it in everybody's face..... are still complete idiots.

Personally speaking, I still don't know for sure if he was ever truly guilty or not and because this whole thing was never done through the proper avenues of the legal system, be that national or international...... chances are nobody will ever find out the real truth in what really happened.

I believe his confession as much as I'd believe Don Vito from Viva La Bam is Santa Claus

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If I had gone through even half of what he has gone through, I would be plotting my revenge. He has every right to be pissed off to the point of psychopathic tendencies. The US has screwed this kid every way but loose. If he reigns terror on them in the future, it would be justified. And Canada is just as guilty for letting him rot in that hell hole. I would welcome him over for tea just to hear his side of the story.

Khadr is a symbol, a metaphor for the US foreign policy in the middle east. Their complete lack of respect for human rights and dignity is the sole cause or terrorism. Their war on terrorism is an act of terror. If they were truly serious about ending terror, they would blow themselves up.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Whether it's a Terrorist, Paperboy, The person who serves you at Wendy's, Janitor, Clown or Puppet Master.

Paperboys, servers and puppet masters don't plant IEDs, throw acid in little girls' faces and spray crowds of innocents with automatic gun fire in order to force their "rights' to exist above yours, do they?

Even serial killers and predators of children are still Human Beings and are still protected by the same rights and laws as any other human....... you, I...... and yes, even Avro.

... So were the victims of those serial killers and child molesters; they too deserve the very rights that people like Jeff Dhamer, Hitler, Jim Jones and Omar Khadr have eviscerated in pursuing their own selfish agendas.

Yet because some brainwashed kid may or may not have tossed a grenade while being attacked and killed a medic who obviously wasn't paying attention.....

May or may not?.. He admitted it. Had he not done so, he should have manned-up and plead his innocence and reaped his rewards through the courts... Further, it takes a lot of balls to blame the medic for Khadr's murderous and cowardly actions.

The brain-washed angle is nothing more than an excuse... There are plenty of people that have been manipulated pyschologically and not killed and

When in reality they still are covered and protected and for that, someone in the US should be held accountable...... but we all know nobody will.

Hold the US accountable but not Khadr?... Great, really great.

And I say he may or may not have tossed the grenade despite his confession, simply because I do not recognize the kangaroo court they invented and dragged him through....

So, the only court you'll recognize as legitimate is the one that holds Khadr innocent?

his right to due process and true justice was averted, therefore any final conclusions that come from this mockery of a court system are invalid imo..... even if the court system found him innocent.

The Medic's right to life was slightly violated too.... Ever consider that?

The real truth of this case was never given,

Says you... Is that 'cause Khadr flip-flopped or because you didn't get the only "truth" that you'll accept?

real justice was never served,

And still isn't served... A known, convicted and admitted killer will soon be walking amongst us.

He was a child ... in Canada.

Interesting point... What would he have been considered in Afghanistan?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This whole episode is one hell of a mess, what is done is done, and now there must be some
rational outcome, that is in all our interests. I should be recognized, the individual will one day
be walking the streets, so how do we prepare hm for that? First of all there are so many lies
and versions we don't know what happened for sure and likely never will. It happened in the
Middle East, under some form of combat conditions. You have a kid who is Canadian there
with his family fighting for the enemy, or was he?
He might have been born here, i don't know that to be the case, but several members of his
family were not. Some are dead. I believe all those who support Jihad, should have their papers
revoked and be deported at best, for actions of supporting the enemy in the time our country is at
war, regardless of whether we agree with the conflict or not. When Khdr returns home there
should be severe conditions. Even more important, all those who have come to this country that
support Jihad, should be deported as well Yes strip them of citizenship for actively supporting the
enemy in a time of war. We have an anti terrorism unit put it to work.
As for Khadr, he confessed only to get out of hell, even from the American prospective the truth be
damned in this case, they only want to make the American position legitimate, they don't even care
about guilt or innocence.
I find it absurd charging someone with shooting back at a soldier on a battlefield.
The fact remains however, he is a Canadian Citizen engaging in acts against our allies in a theatre
of war. To be supporting an enemy in that theatre could be called treason, as we are also engaged
in that theatre of operation. The real difference here is he was a kid there at the time and did not
fully understand the ramifications of his actions and that makes a difference
Canada like it or not, is supposed to be a civilized country fighting barbarianism. It is therefore now
encumbant upon us not to behave like barbarians, and in accordance with the articals of law and
fairness. Tough choices living in a democracy, but if we up and treat someone unfairly, at some
future point in history we could also be treated just as unfairly. We must act in a just manner, not
in the spirit of vengence alone. Personallyy there is a difference between what needs to happen
under the law and what I would like to see happen. If we are who we say we are as citizens the
right thing will prevail.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You tell me Cliffy.. We DO know that Khadr killed one man and blinded another. Perhaps you can revert to some factual data and pin it on a specific military individual.
No, you don't know that he killed anybody. You only have hear say evidence from the US military, the same military that thinks collateral damage is just a fact of war, that has violated every human rights law on the planet and has been and continues to cover up its many war crimes and criminals. The same military that had just killed a number of the kid's family and friends. Even if he did throw a grenade, he was just trying to protect himself from the murderous thugs that were approaching his position. How was he to know one of them was a medic? If you want to believe them, that is your right, but from their track record, I will not believe a single word that is uttered by any one of them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
captain morgan; May or may not?..[B said:
He admitted it. Had he not done so, he should have manned-up and plead his innocence and reaped his rewards through the courts.[/B].. Further, it takes a lot of balls to blame the medic for Khadr's murderous and cowardly actions.

The brain-washed angle is nothing more than an excuse... There are plenty of people that have been manipulated pyschologically and not killed and

Doesn't mean much- he denied it for 8 years, but maybe after 8 years of having his "balls squeezed", he could see the futility of going that route. He should be released now under strict conditions.

You tell me Cliffy.. We DO know that Khadr killed one man and blinded another. Perhaps you can revert to some factual data and pin it on a specific military individual.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh - would the manner that you "know" it stand up in a normal courtroom? or were you there at the time?

No, you don't know that he killed anybody. You only have hear say evidence from the US military, the same military that thinks collateral damage is just a fact of war, that has violated every human rights law on the planet and has been and continues to cover up its many war crimes and criminals. The same military that had just killed a number of the kid's family and friends. Even if he did throw a grenade, he was just trying to protect himself from the murderous thugs that were approaching his position. How was he to know one of them was a medic? If you want to believe them, that is your right, but from their track record, I will not believe a single word that is uttered by any one of them.

Good afternoon Cliff- Do I detect a change of attitude toward Omar since I started a thread about him several months ago? :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

We have Khadr's admission Cliffy and while I will agree with your general synopsis of the US (sparing the emotionally charged rhetoric and theatrical presentation), that does not change the fact that Khadr ALSO stomped on the human rights of individuals in that region as well... And while you are more than generous in your declaration of the broadbrush violence against civilians by the US/NATO forces, I notice that there is not a single peep out of you regarding the collateral damage that the IED's will ravage on the civilian population nor is there ant mention of the multiple acts of barbarism that your young protoge has directly or indirectly participated in.

Essentially, you, among others, are not only excusing Khadr's actions but justifying them to boot.

So you tell me Cliffy... Is your position that you are glad Khadr killed one man and blinded another and he should be commended or are his actions not justified because he was a foreigner in Afghanistan and voluntarily participated in violent activities?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh - would the manner that you "know" it stand up in a normal courtroom? or were you there at the time?

How about you JLM.. Were you there?.. Have a little chat with Omar maybe and he assured you that it never happened?

Khadr just admitted it and if he did it 'cause he's a fool and coward, then tough sh*t for him, ain't it?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Straight up Hang him
Is that your answer to the children in Africa that were kidnapped by a vriety of so called Liberation Armies - Being lose with the term Armies, very loose,- turned into killers?. Hang em all.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We don't know what he did or didn't do, he confessed to obtain a get out of hell card. The fact is
both sides want to avoid the spotlight. America does not want the facts leaking out as it would in
fact hurt their image. The collateral damage argument does not hold water though, and neither
does the war crimes stuff. Collateral damage has always been a part of war, since the Middle
Ages, is it right no but its reality. War Crimes are great for home consumption, for people who
know nothing about war and have never been close to it. It justifies our soldiers being there because
there are rules to engage in conflict. I for one believe there is one rule when it comes to war, To
Win. The first rule is there is no rules.
Oh sure we have paper, we have the UN we have the chaplain, we have a load of what makes your
grass grow green.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We have Khadr's admission Cliffy and while I will agree with your general synopsis of the US (sparing the emotionally charged rhetoric and theatrical presentation), that does not change the fact that Khadr ALSO stomped on the human rights of individuals in that region as well... And while you are more than generous in your declaration of the broadbrush violence against civilians by the US/NATO forces, I notice that there is not a single peep out of you regarding the collateral damage that the IED's will ravage on the civilian population nor is there ant mention of the multiple acts of barbarism that your young protoge has directly or indirectly participated in.

Essentially, you, among others, are not only excusing Khadr's actions but justifying them to boot.

So you tell me Cliffy... Is your position that you are glad Khadr killed one man and blinded another and he should be commended or are his actions not justified because he was a foreigner in Afghanistan and voluntarily participated in violent activities?
You really like to twist stuff around tp suit your bia. Well, all I said was we don't know what happened. You are condeming him on hear say evidense and a confession that was beat out of him by 8 years of being tortured in a hell hole. You call that being a coward? He held out for 8 years! You wouldn't last five minutes under those circumstances, neither would I. And we are talking about Khadr and his captors, not road side bombers. If you want to discuss them, start another thread and stop trying to hijack this one.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
captain morgan; How about you JLM.. Were you there?.. Have a little chat with Omar maybe and he assured you that it never happened? Khadr just admitted it and if he did it 'cause he's a fool and coward said:
Unlike you, I don't know the full story, but unless he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt he has to be released and I happen to think there is reasonable doubt, given Dubya's attitude toward prisoners of war.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You really like to twist stuff around tp suit your bia. Well, all I said was we don't know what happened. You are condeming him on hear say evidense and a confession that was beat out of him by 8 years of being tortured in a hell hole. You call that being a coward? He held out for 8 years!

Isn't that calling the pot black... While you state that we don't know what happened, therefore let poor wee Omar off the hook, you are the first to jump on the "kick the sh*t out of all things American" band wagon at every opportunity...

You lean towards believing Khadr 'cause they didn't have compelling proof (other than an admission of course); BUT you are more than willing to make all kinds of statements about American soldiers killing anyone within their view despite your inability to provide any kind of proof that you demand of everyone provide of Khadr... How open minded of you... And yes, we are talking about Khadr being a run-of-the-mill roadside terrorist... The bombs that he was making don't give a crap if a young child activates it or a soldier.

So, was Khadr beaten?.. You have no clue what was done. The only proof exists in your imagination and when your question of "torture" is challenged, you'll piss and moan that the notion that he wasn't treated as a hero is a form of torture.

Is Khadr a coward... You bet he is.. There is video of this tower of heroism laughing and joking while he was making bombs... Having the chance to collect the head-fee for each Westerner that he killed and looking forward to all of the virgins that he was to deflower upon martyrdom.... Our hero has his chance.. All he needs to do is stand-up and let loose a few rounds at the hated enemy...

What actually happens?.. He meekly tosses a grenade at the one and only person that, by virtue of his job and medical ethic, was forced to swallow his own bile and vomit elicited by having to mend this terrorist.

What a hero!

You wouldn't last five minutes under those circumstances, neither would I. And we are talking about Khadr and his captors, not road side bombers. If you want to discuss them, start another thread and stop trying to hijack this one.

I wouldn't take a cowardly approach in standing up for what I believe in, so my lasting any amount of time is a moot point.

As far as highjacking the thread, maybe you ought to find some religious fanaticism meeting somewhere near you where you can get together with like minded folk that will spend all of their time agreeing with each other and later reaffirming their agreement with each other over and over and over.

Unlike you, I don't know the full story, but unless he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt he has to be released and I happen to think there is reasonable doubt, given Dubya's attitude toward prisoners of war.

Ya don't know the full story but are more than willing to pass judgement on Bush.

How profound of you.