Good thing there is no death penalty here.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Honestly im not about letting scumbags live out their lives in prison costing us money. Id put them to work at an iron oxide mine on Baffin island making us money. :)

And how would you go about that, Johnny boy? Have you got a acquaintence, a relative or a friend serving a life sentence with PAROLE set at 10 or 25 years? And if you did, would you feel the same ridiculous, pompous and righteous way?

Bugger off, punk, and learn what you speak about before you post.

And the same goes for all the other punks who are delusional to think that they know better.

You know who you are.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
And why is your name calling any more excusable than his?

I'm not making excuses for calling a tool a tool. I gave my justification in the post where I gave a link to the law covering pardons.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
As I always say to the great ones who lower themselves from their uppity high post: Thanks for the negative, I have been called worse than that by better people than you.

Go and commit an act that you liberals always advise your mental superiors to do.

Well, maybe not always, but certainly when you are bankrupt and devoid of rational arguments.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not making excuses for calling a tool a tool. I gave my justification in the post where I gave a link to the law covering pardons.

So you are another one of these people who think a person being mistaken is a valid excuse for calling him/her derogatory names? I'm wondering if you two aren't the same person as I keep getting the two of you mixed up.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So you are another one of these people who think a person being mistaken is a valid excuse for calling him/her derogatory names?

A little "heads up" for you- sometimes people take issue with how you say it more than what you say. I try to use this forum as an opportunity to learn and I learnt on this thread that pardon applies to guilt as well as innocense. I reserve such words as "idiot" and "ignorant" for obnoxious people that I try to piss off, AFTER I've tried other tactics first.

My emphasis.

Get off your high horse. Jack has been disparaging a good number of posters in this thread repeatedly, calling people idiots, stupid, claiming he knows what he's talking about and everyone else doesn't.

Like you, many of us have tried multiple tactics first. Many of us have tried by asking questions, posting links to government web pages that contradict his claims of our system, and we're still called idiots.

So bugger off with your high and mighty attitude. You're no better, and your s h i t doesn't smell like roses.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My emphasis.

Get off your high horse. Jack has been disparaging a good number of posters in this thread repeatedly, calling people idiots, stupid, claiming he knows what he's talking about and everyone else doesn't.

Like you, many of us have tried multiple tactics first. Many of us have tried by asking questions, posting links to government web pages that contradict his claims of our system, and we're still called idiots.

So bugger off with your high and mighty attitude. You're no better, and your s h i t doesn't smell like roses.

Thanks, you just proved my point. :lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
My emphasis.

OK, Tonington, show in any dictionary or law book that PARDON is a synonym to PAROLE.

And try, if you can, express what you mean without spotting spaces between the letters of the word you were too cowardly to say.

And while you are at it, explain the difference between PAROLE and PARDON.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
OK, Tonington, show in any dictionary or law book that PARDON is a synonym to PAROLE.

Point out where I claimed the two are synonymous. You're the poster who has been lingering on the idea that a post pages ago was confusing the two, which is absurd, as the poster herself has clarified.

And while you are at it, explain the difference between PAROLE and PARDON.
A pardon removes the criminal record for someone convicted of a crime (for some crimes) and keeps it separate from other criminal records. A pardon only applies to those who have served their sentence and has demonstrated that they are law abiding for a number of years.

Parole is supervised early release from prison, after an incarcerated person has demonstrated that they pose a sufficiently low risk to the public.

SLM was talking about some high profile instances, like Graham James and Karla Homolka. She was clearly referring to pardons, as well as explicitly using the word pardon... Graham James couldn't be paroled 3 years after he's released from prison, because parole is a conditional transition from incarceration to completing the sentence.

This has been repeated to you numerous times, so I think this is the last time I'm going attempt to explain it to you, as it appears you are dead set against acknowledging that SLM was not confused.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Tonington; [B said:
SLM was talking about some high profile instances, like Graham James and Karla Homolka[/B]. She was clearly referring to pardons, as well as explicitly using the word pardon... Graham James couldn't be paroled 3 years after he's released from prison, because parole is a conditional transition from incarceration to completing the sentence.

This has been repeated to you numerous times, so I think this is the last time I'm going attempt to explain it to you, as it appears you are dead set against acknowledging that SLM was not confused.

That begs the question - why would these two reprobates ever be considered for a pardon. While in prison parole might be a distinct possibility, although reprehensible to say the least. :smile:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
That begs the question - why would these two reprobates ever be considered for a pardon.

That was SLM's point from the start. She never confused parole with pardon. She was highlighting what she feels are "egregious errors and large loopholes littered throughout our Justice System."

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That begs the question - why would these two reprobates ever be considered for a pardon. While in prison parole might be a distinct possibility, although reprehensible to say the least. :smile:
Anyone can ask for and be considered for anything - qualified or not. It takes far less paperwork and provides no fuel for special interest groups re: justice denied to consider parole and/or pardon a moment (even if just for appearances sake) and say no than it does to just out and say no.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
When you call a person "mental" and a "retard", that just negates any valid points you've made. It was that kind of remark, that Karrie gave Y.J. a blast for. It's rather presumptuous on your part to think you are any better than him and he actually makes more sensible points than you do. :smile:

No it doesn't. The truth is the truth regardless of what someone believes. There is normal and then there is abnormal. If someone doesn't understand something that is a matter of ignorance and a little education can change the whole situation. Someone who refuses to understand something isn't ignorant. They are stupid. To choose to be stupid on purpose knowing that they are making that choice is abnormal. This is what YJ has done in this and other threads. So he's retarded. That nor the fact I called him that changes that he was wrong about SLM's position or what was being discussed.

There is a huge difference between YJ and me. For one, I've not been banned from this place. There is a reason for that. Not that I don't act up or bait and troll or get carried away with my own bs.

As it is, we should instead focus on the topic of the thread and give the Mods a break before they have to make a point.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

This is why you get picked on some days. I don't know if you just don't pay attention or what but this was what SLM was making a point about to start with. That Hamolka could even apply for a pardon which prompted government to act to prevent the rubber stamp issuance of a pardon even though her crimes were so heinous.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
She .....obviously mistook PARDON for PAROLE.
Here is the paragraph:

"...three years after release from prison, Graham James also received his pardon."

Only a totally blind person or one who is seeped with malice towards everyone who has the nerve to disagree with them would not see or refuse to see that she was talking about PAROLE, but in her ignorance she wrote PARDON.

For the mentally challenged...

Okay, pardon me for being mentally challenged, but, please explain the 'parole after release' for me. As far as I'm aware, one can not apply for parole after having been released from prison. One CAN however apply for a pardon, of which she was speaking. Feel free to enlighten me.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
My emphasis.

Those who don't know or refuse to accept the difference between PARDON and PAROLE are, indeed, idiots. They are the ones who should get off their high horse and see the real world.

No hope that they ever will.

They remind me of Jesse the Body Ventura, who referred to Tito Santana as Chiko Santana. When his fellow broadcaster said that it was TITO Santana, Jesse Ventura said: "That's what I said, Chiko Santana."

Idiots are known to repeat their idiocy. That is why they are called idiots.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You're the only one here who doesn't see the difference between parole and pardon - even though you spoke it correctly earlier in the thread. Tossing a "cat among the pigeons" are you?

...and repeating it over and over again....

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
You're the only one here who doesn't see the difference between parole and pardon.

OK. I would like to respond to your nonsense with the silence it deserves, but Canadian Content does not let me post silence. Not even my tacit admission to your post by just simply saying OK, as I tried.

So, all right, PARDON and PAROLE are the same thing. You and your fellow know-it-alls WIN!

Just stay on the right side of the law, so that you will never have to find out how wrong you are.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
OK. I would like to respond to your nonsense with the silence it deserves, but Canadian Content does not let me post silence. Not even my tacit admission to your post by just simply saying OK, as I tried.

So, all right, PARDON and PAROLE are the same thing. You and your fellow know-it-alls WIN!

Just stay on the right side of the law, so that you will never have to find out how wrong you are.
Okay, Sir Joseph Porter.... You can be right - no matter how wrong you are :roll:

Parole is your "get out of jail" card. Pardon is the almost free edition - after sentence has been served. Then there are probation and clemency. Do you think you can find a way to screw them up too?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Okay, Sir Joseph Porter.... You can be right - no matter how wrong you are :roll:

Parole is your "get out of jail" card. Pardon is the almost free edition - after sentence has been served. Then there are probation and clemency. Do you think you can find a way to screw them up too?

You can ban me, besmirch me, call me all the negatives you want, but when you call me Sir Joseph Porter, you cross the line of decency!

Now, for the definition in the dictionary:

Pardon - to forgive; to excuse; to release from penalty; forgiveness, remission of penalty.

Parole - word of honour; the release of a prisoner before his sentence is expired, on condition of future good behaviour.

If only my detractors had the brains to consult the dictionary, most of this thread would have been not only non-existent, but ridiculous.