Good thing there is no death penalty here.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Mark Fuhrman:

This is one racist piece of sh!t who deserves the death penalty. God only knows how many of his victims died in prison and the fùcker got got away with it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
OK, karrie, let me try. Probably will be wasted effort, because one can lead a horse to the water but can't make the horse drink.

A PAROLE is something that is built in the sentence of an offender. Such as, for instance, a person convicted of first degree murder is sentenced to imprisonment for life, and not eligible for PAROLE until he/she served 25 years. Or someone convicted and sentenced for second degree and not eligible for PAROLE for 10 years. Having said that, a PAROLE is not automatic. What is meant by that, that if an offender is sentenced for life with no eligibility for PAROLE for 25 years will NOT be set free at 25 years, automatically. PAROLE needs to to EARNED, going from maximum to medium to minimum degree of incarceration. GET IT? PAROLE? NOT PARDON?????

A convicted felon does not have to apply for PAROLE. It is in his/her sentence. PAROLE does NOT wipe away the record of an offender. A PARDON would and does. Getting it yet???

OK let's go from there.

So, once again: A PARDON is granted by someone outside of the judicial System. You know, like a Prime Minister in Canada or a President or a Governor in the States. It has nothing to do with the offense, or the offender or the crime or the sentence, but everything to do with the mood of the grantor.

Are you getting there yet?

An offender/felon/criminal, once EARNED parole will go to a half-way house where he/she will have to EARN freedom. His/her record will always be there, unlike the record of someone who managed to get a PARDON. The person who got the PARDON has no criminal record. NONE, it never happened.

Get it yet? Probably not.

You still haven't explained how, since she's talking about parole in your opinion, one goes about applying for parole THREE YEARS AFTER RELEASE, as she stated in the paragraph you cited.

She was discussing Pardons Canada (the entity you apply for a pardon through here in Canada, btw), and applying after release from prison. You can't apply for parole after release.

To answer karrie's paid parrot, known as Tonigton:

A felon/inmate/convict etc. does not have to apply for PAROLE, 1 year, 3 years or 100 years after they served their sentence. PAROLE is part of and built into their sentence. I am sure karrie understood that, since she has not responded and bashed me as she usually does. Learn from her example. Would do you good.

Your link provided absolutely nothing to disprove or negate what I said, Jesse Ventura.

EXACTLY!!! So when soemone says that someone applied to Pardons Canada, three years after their release.... what are they talking about? Parole or a pardon?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
This thread is case in point of why I don't bother to try. Definitely not worth the time of putting rhyme to reason.

Pardon me for saying.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Mark Fuhrman:

This is one racist piece of sh!t who deserves the death penalty. God only knows how many of his victims died in prison and the fùcker got got away with it.

Another one is Dr. Charles Smith....................ckscker. :p