Good thing there is no death penalty here.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Post 19, paragraph 3. Explain how you think she meant parole and not pardon. It's been a simple question asked of you time and time again, and you refuse to answer it. So don't act all sanctimonious on me.

She was, obviously, talking about PARDON but just as obviously mistook PARDON for PAROLE.
Here is the paragraph:

"Pardons Canada, to my understanding anyway, has long been "rubber stamping" pardons. Just because you may be entitled to apply for a pardon it should not necessarily follow that you should be entitled to receive a pardon. Homolka got all the big press of course, but if I recall correctly, it was also around the same time that it was reported that, three years after release from prison, Graham James also received his pardon. And I believe he then went to Spain and then Mexico to coach junior hockey there. Kind of seems like an accident waiting to happen, doesn't it? But that doesn't mean I think pardons themselves are a bad idea. In fact, I've known people who've received them and, in my opinion, they've earned them. Operative word being earned."

Only a totally blind person or one who is seeped with malice towards everyone who has the nerve to disagree with them would not see or refuse to see that she was talking about PAROLE, but in her ignorance she wrote PARDON.

For the mentally challenged insipids let me repeat again: PARDON is granted by an authority, outside of the judicial system, such as the Prime Minister in Canada or the President in the United States. You know, like the turkeys who get a PARDON at Thanksgiving and are saved from being to end up on one's dinner plate. PARDON means that an offender is now free of any and all previous wrongdoing, the previous record of committing a crime does not exist, a person after PARDON has no record of crime, he/she is just like any and all other law abiding citizens.

PAROLE, on the other hand, is a condition of life. When a felon is sentenced to imprisonment for life with no chance of PAROLE for 10 or 25 or whatever many years, it means that even when that parole is EARNED, the convicted felon is obliged to follow the conditions of the PAROLE. His/her crime is NOT wiped off. His/her crime will always be on his/her record. Any, even the slightest violation of the conditions of that PAROLE is reason for re-incarceration.

One does not apply for PARDON, and one sentenced to life does not have to apply for PAROLE. PAROLE, which needs to be EARNED is part of the law, upon sentencing. All the yahooes that bashed me, attention: Cite just ONE case where the sentence was "life and not eligible for PARDON for 10 years".

What in the Hell is so difficult to see the difference between PARDON and PAROLE? And I am sanctimonious?

You're not going to get an answer Karrie because YJ knows he's in the wrong and fears he will be reduced in some way admitting that in front of women. He was wrong, we all know it and that he continues to evade at this point by using JLM as a sounding board, the gullible fool, in an attempt to still manage a weasel maneuver and get out of the trap he put himself in.

You're a sad little man Hungry Jack and one can only imagine just how marginalized you must be at home to feel the need to go to this extent.

Congratulations, Unforgiven, you have chosen the nome de plum best suited for you.

Idiocy, is, indeed, unforgivable and unforgiven.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If I, or anyone else in this discussion, truly misunderstands the term "pardon" then this article, published April 2010 in the Toronto Sun provides that former Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and Prime Minister Stephen Harper must also be ignorant and ill-informed of the correct meaning.

"...The government is moving "very quickly" to draft new legislation to prevent heinous offenders - like infamous killer Karla Homolka - from easily being pardoned for their crimes.
While Public Safety Minister Vic Toews said legislation could be tabled this fall or sooner, Homolka is eligible to apply for a pardon in July having lived crime-free for five years following her 2005 release from prison.
She served only 12 years for three manslaughter convictions, having made a deal to provide evidence against her then-husband Paul Bernardo.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper Monday blamed "soft-on-crime attitudes" of the past, when "concern for criminals took priority over compassion for victims.
"The law will allow Karla Homolka to apply for a pardon this year," Harper said. "In fact, more than 99% of pardon applications that reach the adjudication stage are granted."

Killer Karla Homolka eligible for a pardon this year | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

It is this issue to which I was refering in my original post. Not parole. I stand by the content of my original posting, both in it's intent and in it's wording.

And, by the way, I used google to find the article so hopefully that satisfies something.

So, now, can we please just drop this already?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
She was, obviously, talking about PARDON but just as obviously mistook PARDON for PAROLE.
Here is the paragraph:

"Pardons Canada, to my understanding anyway, has long been "rubber stamping" pardons. Just because you may be entitled to apply for a pardon it should not necessarily follow that you should be entitled to receive a pardon. Homolka got all the big press of course, but if I recall correctly, it was also around the same time that it was reported that, three years after release from prison, Graham James also received his pardon. And I believe he then went to Spain and then Mexico to coach junior hockey there. Kind of seems like an accident waiting to happen, doesn't it? But that doesn't mean I think pardons themselves are a bad idea. In fact, I've known people who've received them and, in my opinion, they've earned them. Operative word being earned."

Only a totally blind person or one who is seeped with malice towards everyone who has the nerve to disagree with them would not see or refuse to see that she was talking about PAROLE, but in her ignorance she wrote PARDON.

For the mentally challenged insipids let me repeat again: PARDON is granted by an authority, outside of the judicial system, such as the Prime Minister in Canada or the President in the United States. You know, like the turkeys who get a PARDON at Thanksgiving and are saved from being to end up on one's dinner plate. PARDON means that an offender is now free of any and all previous wrongdoing, the previous record of committing a crime does not exist, a person after PARDON has no record of crime, he/she is just like any and all other law abiding citizens.

PAROLE, on the other hand, is a condition of life. When a felon is sentenced to imprisonment for life with no chance of PAROLE for 10 or 25 or whatever many years, it means that even when that parole is EARNED, the convicted felon is obliged to follow the conditions of the PAROLE. His/her crime is NOT wiped off. His/her crime will always be on his/her record. Any, even the slightest violation of the conditions of that PAROLE is reason for re-incarceration.

One does not apply for PARDON, and one sentenced to life does not have to apply for PAROLE. PAROLE, which needs to be EARNED is part of the law, upon sentencing. All the yahooes that bashed me, attention: Cite just ONE case where the sentence was "life and not eligible for PARDON for 10 years".

What in the Hell is so difficult to see the difference between PARDON and PAROLE? And I am sanctimonious?

Congratulations, Unforgiven, you have chosen the nome de plum best suited for you.

Idiocy, is, indeed, unforgivable and unforgiven.

Ok so you're a retard. SLM was talking to me about Hamolka attempting to get a pardon and the government moving to prevent that from happening since most pardons are granted as long as a few conditions are met and the fee is paid. That even though she had been out of prison for almost three years, you figure SLM was confused and thinking that pardon and parole were the same thing.

You're mental YJ. Simply put you're wiring is messed up and you can't fathom reality from what is spinning around that skull of yours.

If I, or anyone else in this discussion, truly misunderstands the term "pardon" then this article, published April 2010 in the Toronto Sun provides that former Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and Prime Minister Stephen Harper must also be ignorant and ill-informed of the correct meaning.

"...The government is moving "very quickly" to draft new legislation to prevent heinous offenders - like infamous killer Karla Homolka - from easily being pardoned for their crimes.
While Public Safety Minister Vic Toews said legislation could be tabled this fall or sooner, Homolka is eligible to apply for a pardon in July having lived crime-free for five years following her 2005 release from prison.
She served only 12 years for three manslaughter convictions, having made a deal to provide evidence against her then-husband Paul Bernardo.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper Monday blamed "soft-on-crime attitudes" of the past, when "concern for criminals took priority over compassion for victims.
"The law will allow Karla Homolka to apply for a pardon this year," Harper said. "In fact, more than 99% of pardon applications that reach the adjudication stage are granted."

Killer Karla Homolka eligible for a pardon this year | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

It is this issue to which I was refering in my original post. Not parole. I stand by the content of my original posting, both in it's intent and in it's wording.

And, by the way, I used google to find the article so hopefully that satisfies something.

So, now, can we please just drop this already?

You know I think everyone other than YJ understands what you were talking about. It was pretty clear from the start. It's just this goofy guy either being difficult and acting obtuse or he's just flat out nuts. Consider it a baptism by fire here and that now you are a full fledged member of the CanCon club. :smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ok so you're a retard. SLM was talking to me about Hamolka attempting to get a pardon and the government moving to prevent that from happening since most pardons are granted as long as a few conditions are met and the fee is paid. That even though she had been out of prison for almost three years, you figure SLM was confused and thinking that pardon and parole were the same thing.

You're mental YJ. Simply put you're wiring is messed up and you can't fathom reality from what is spinning around that skull of yours.

You know I think everyone other than YJ understands what you were talking about. It was pretty clear from the start. It's just this goofy guy either being difficult and acting obtuse or he's just flat out nuts. Consider it a baptism by fire here and that now you are a full fledged member of the CanCon club. :smile:

When you call a person "mental" and a "retard", that just negates any valid points you've made. It was that kind of remark, that Karrie gave Y.J. a blast for. It's rather presumptuous on your part to think you are any better than him and he actually makes more sensible points than you do. :smile:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Remarks like that just add fuel to the fire and don't enlighten intelligent people.

Perhaps, but nice or not, one has to fight fire with fire.

Sadly, though, those of us on the right of the political spectrum get banned, and those on the Left are left there to gloat. And encouraged. And boldened.

Go, figure!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
For all the idiots who chose to jeopardize any of their future credibility by siding with karrie and Unforgiven, Karla Homolka DID NOT and never will get a PARDON. She is enjoying her life right now, because she got PAROLE.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
For all the idiots who chose to jeopardize any of their future credibility by siding with karrie and Unforgiven, Karla Homolka DID NOT and never will get a PARDON. She is enjoying her life right now, because she got PAROLE.

What has Karrie done to offend you? Who thought sweet little Karla got a pardon? I thinking we should rent Old Sparky for 10 minutes and she can take a seat. :lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
What has Karrie done to offend you? Who thought sweet little Karla got a pardon? I thinking we should rent Old Sparky for 10 minutes and she can take a seat. :lol:

She sided, in spite of all the evidence, with an idiot. As far Karla Homolka goes, she got out on PAROLE, but she will never have a PARDON, unless the Prime Minister is a New Democrat.

Why is that so bloody hard to see?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
For the mentally challenged insipids let me repeat again: PARDON is granted by an authority, outside of the judicial system, such as the Prime Minister in Canada or the President in the United States.

You're a tool, in Canada, pardons and parole, are granted by the National Parole Board, try reading our laws:
Criminal Records Act

NATIONAL PAROLE BOARD

Jurisdiction of the Board

2.1 The Board has exclusive jurisdiction to grant or refuse to grant or to revoke a pardon.

1992, c. 22, s. 2; 2010, c. 5, ss. 7.2(E), 7.5(F).
Previous Version

You apparently are influenced by American law...

You know, like the turkeys who get a PARDON at Thanksgiving and are saved from being to end up on one's dinner plate. PARDON means that an offender is now free of any and all previous wrongdoing, the previous record of committing a crime does not exist, a person after PARDON has no record of crime, he/she is just like any and all other law abiding citizens.
Wrong agan. Some classes of sexual offenders do not have their records erased, even after being pardoned.

What in the Hell is so difficult to see the difference between PARDON and PAROLE?
It's not difficult, which is why you were battered with requests to explain yourself, which you have still failed miserably to do. SLM knew what she was talking about, and so did the rest of us.

And I am sanctimonious?
Yup.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Tonington;1439171[B said:
]You're a tool[/B], in Canada, pardons and parole, are granted by the National Parole Board, try reading our laws:
Criminal Records Act

So, you are just as bad as he is, if not worse!

She sided, in spite of all the evidence, with an idiot. As far Karla Homolka goes, she got out on PAROLE, but she will never have a PARDON, unless the Prime Minister is a New Democrat.

Why is that so bloody hard to see?

I guess I must have missed the post where someone said she was pardoned or getting a pardon. Could you imagine the public outrage if that was to happen?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Honestly im not about letting scumbags live out their lives in prison costing us money. Id put them to work at an iron oxide mine on Baffin island making us money. :) Cause then with that labour iron deposits might become more economical :D

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So, you are just as bad as he is, if not worse!

Hmmm, I don't recall berating a group of posters for being ignorant, when I was clearly ignorant of the laws of our country.

You sure are a loyal mutt.

Honestly im not about letting scumbags live out their lives in prison costing us money. Id put them to work at an iron oxide mine on Baffin island making us money. :)

Yup! Good idea. And if an innocent person was convicted, they could be reimbursed for their work at the going rate plus whatever extra the courts feel is warranted.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Honestly im not about letting scumbags live out their lives in prison costing us money. Id put them to work at an iron oxide mine on Baffin island making us money. :) Cause then with that labour iron deposits might become more economical :D

You have the right idea, Johnny and bare assed with someone with a hot poker standing right behind them. :lol: