France, Poland want Polanski released on bail

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Did you see blame anyone? Were any of you there? Have any of you ever been tricked?

It is kind of fun reading lynch mob mentality sprout in normally reasonable minds....
Lynch mobs? People that want to see justice done are a lynch mob?
If this isn't inferring blame on the child,
...Polanski having casting-couch sex with someone who fibbed about her age ...
then what is?

Mr. Wolf, snap out of it. Usually you are a level-headed sort. :)

As far as Whoopi Goldberg, Woody Allen, etc. go, they are eccentric in the least.
And just what is "rape-rape"? Did she mean that since he didn't rip her clothes off, bang away at her, and leave her lying in some alley in Bel-Air, it isn't really rape?

And what do doctors tell you about mixing booze and drugs?

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Lynch mobs? People that want to see justice done are a lynch mob?
If this isn't inferring blame on the child, then what is?

Mr. Wolf, snap out of it. Usually you are a level-headed sort. :)

As far as Whoopi Goldberg, Woody Allen, etc. go, they are eccentric in the least.
And just what is "rape-rape"? Did she mean that since he didn't rip her clothes off, bang away at her, and leave her lying in some alley in Bel-Air, it isn't really rape?

And what do doctors tell you about mixing booze and drugs?

In this context:
My scepticism is in how the story has gone from Polanski having casting-couch sex with someone who fibbed about her age then running when the judge reneged on his promise - to an innocent little girl being set upon by some delusional con artist who is using the words of a judge's maybe to be an ironclad contract.
it says something completely different. If you're going to quote (or something like Joey's version) please use it in context.

This story is not cut and dried into a neat little package. Why are y'all so eager to hang him like it has?

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Those who want Roman Polanski to walk free obviously:

1. Have never been drugged and sodomized by a subhuman piece of garbage.
2. Regret that they haven't, and wish they had been.
3. Haven't got a 13 year-old child who was drugged and sodomized.
4. If they did, they would direct a film recording the event and make millions.

Lets keep in mind those who support Polanski, invariably support Obama. Figures.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Why have people automatically assumed an innocent young thing was wrestled from her Barbie dolls and forced by some lecherous old movie guy into things her own Mommy wouldn't do?

People are assuming nothing - a lecherous old movie did guy force a thirteen year old child to have sex with him. (And by force I don't mean it necessarily even had to be by physical force - there are many ways to emotionally manipulate a youth - which is exactly why it's illegal to do so in a sexual context.)

There are two sides to every story - and this one takes place in the land of Hollywood fiction. My guess is the truth is much less interesting....

Sometimes things are exactly as they appear - no one is attempting to stretch this story out of it's original shape into something more or less extreme... the man had sex with a 13 year old girl. How do you suppose that can be uglied up even more than it already is? IMO, there is no way to make that any worse than it is... so suggesting that folks are twisting the story out of context is just.... well, an odd tact to take. I don't get your logic on this issue at all.

It seems that you're coming at this from a perspective that mountains being made out of molehills... but the problem with that is that adults having sex with children is not a small matter - it's the elephant in the room that is still scrabbling around trying to find a dark corner to hide in.

Sexual exploitation is rampaging through the lives of children on a global scale.... If Polanski gets away with this, it will empower others to feel a bit safer and bolder in their violations upon children. Not following through with the legal course of action is to me, condoning the behaviour.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Has anyone ever met a thirteen-year-old who didn't firmly believe they weren't all grown up and capable of adult choices?

How many people are going to read this question as something other than a question?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Has anyone ever met a thirteen-year-old who didn't firmly believe they weren't all grown up and capable of adult choices?

How many people are going to read this question as something other than a question?

When you screw jail bait then you go to the big house

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Those who want Roman Polanski to walk free obviously:

1. Have never been drugged and sodomized by a subhuman piece of garbage.
2. Regret that they haven't, and wish they had been.
3. Haven't got a 13 year-old child who was drugged and sodomized.
4. If they did, they would direct a film recording the event and make millions.

Lets keep in mind those who support Polanski, invariably support Obama. Figures.

So then what you're saying is that those who DON'T want Polanski to go free have been drugged and sodomized, and are happy that they were, and furthermore have a 13 year old child who was, and also have made millions from the movie.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"So then what you're saying is that those who DON'T want Polanski to go free have been drugged and sodomized, and are happy that they were, and furthermore have a 13 year old child who was, and also have made millions from the movie."

This below the belt, put words in my mouth attempt is too despicable even for someone like you, TenPenny.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

Most 13 year olds do firmly believe they're capable of adult choices. That doesn't mean they actually are capable of doing so. I'm sorry, but you're still not making sense to me.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
In this context:

it says something completely different. If you're going to quote (or something like Joey's version) please use it in context.
Sorry, but it looks to me like you are saying that your first scenario is more applicable than your second scenario in your opinion and you are sceptical about how it's been warped to indicate the second. I'm not convinced that your first scenario is what happened. I think she was drugged, boozed, and raped and it doesn't matter whether she lied or not. I can't find someone particularly responsible for what they say when they have been drugged or boozed.

This story is not cut and dried into a neat little package. Why are y'all so eager to hang him like it has?
It seems cut and dried to me. Either Polanski did it or he didn't. Either he ran or he didn't. If he was coerced into admitting he did it seems to be irrelevant considering the evidence against him. He should own up to it, serve his time, and whoever coerced him (if so) should be dealt with according to the law.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sorry, but it looks to me like you are saying that your first scenario is more applicable than your second scenario in your opinion and you are sceptical about how it's been warped to indicate the second. I'm not convinced that your first scenario is what happened. I think she was drugged, boozed, and raped and it doesn't matter whether she lied or not. I can't find someone particularly responsible for what they say when they have been drugged or boozed.

It seems cut and dried to me. Either Polanski did it or he didn't. Either he ran or he didn't. If he was coerced into admitting he did it seems to be irrelevant considering the evidence against him. He should own up to it, serve his time, and whoever coerced him (if so) should be dealt with according to the law.

Right! He ran ... and he should face the music for the flight as well as whatever sentence the Judge deemed proper. He's already plead guilty to having sex with a minor.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
"So then what you're saying is that those who DON'T want Polanski to go free have been drugged and sodomized, and are happy that they were, and furthermore have a 13 year old child who was, and also have made millions from the movie."

This below the belt, put words in my mouth attempt is too despicable even for someone like you, TenPenny.

You don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot, do you? I think you need to go back and read some of your posts. Think carefully about what you have posted in the past.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Right! He ran ... and he should face the music for the flight as well as whatever sentence the Judge deemed proper. He's already plead guilty to having sex with a minor.
Right ... and didn't serve his time. It's as simple as that. Anyone else that ran before serving their sentence should expect to be arrested all over again and held until they serve their sentence plus whatever charges they are convicted for concerning flight to avoid. Polanski is not special in the view of the law and rightly so.
Talk of lynch mobs is irrelevant. At least until he's hung by one, anyway.