Feds green light naked scanners

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Prime targets or prime suspects? You even complete the circle in your comment,problem + solution=profit. Terrorism is their business.

It's a conspiracy!8O8O8O8O

Lock your doors, people who like making money are coming for you and your children.

:roll:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Yes,how brave,killing a bunch of innocent people that wont even have a chance to fight back.
Sounds like cowardice to me.

Sorry, can't agree.

These A-holes think they are warriors and fight as best they can. Getting on a plane and blowing yourself up to fight this war is not cowardice....it's effective.

Tell me, under similar circumstances wouldn't you do the same for your country had it been invaded and occupied?

I'm not saying that is why they do it, just as an example.

YouTube - 9/11 comment Bill Maher got fired for

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
No surprise here. It was only a matter of time before this became implemented everywhere(or in the majority of airports). I would rather be subjected to this(as embarrassing as it would be) than get blown up while flying to wherever it is that I am going.

You betcha, shadowshiv, I am in complete agreement.

P.S. Anyone scanning my privates might find it a bit off-putting. :lol::lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Replying to Avro:

These A-holes think they are warriors and fight as best they can. Getting on a plane and blowing yourself up to fight this war is not cowardice....it's effective.

Effective??? One dead terrorist, multi-dead people and the fight goes on. You may not brand it as cowardice, Avro, but many do and for good reason.

Tell me, under similar circumstances wouldn't you do the same for your country had it been invaded and occupied?

Duh! That would be a resounding NO,the very idea of strapping a bunch of explosives to my body does not in any way appeal to me. I would however be amoung the first to pick up a rifle and start shooting the suckers.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Nuts? Brainwashed? Alternately ideologized? Even if you're sure of those seventy-two virgins and rivers of honey, it takes a certain amount of dedication to blow yourself into oblivion for the sake of a cause. Cowards don't have the dedication.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Cowards?

They are many things but getting on a plane and blowing yourself up dosen't sound like the work of a coward.

It sure ain't bravery, which requires action in the face of fear for a life you don't wish to lose. This sort of cowardace is no different to the individual than sitting in your car in the garage with the engine running or eating your gun. These cowards place so little value on human life that they are willing to take others along with them for some promise of reward in the afterlife, rather than face life and the challenges it delivers. But the real cowards are the ones who recruit the suicide bombers and hide away rather than face their opponents.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Are these acts of cowardice?

On 18 August 1940, RAFVR Sergeant Bruce Hancock of No.6 SFTS from RAF Windrush used his Avro Anson aircraft to ram a Heinkel He.111P; there were no survivors.[6]
On 15 September 1940, Flight Sergeant Ray Holmes of No. 504 Squadron RAF used his Hawker Hurricane to destroy a Dornier Do-17 bomber over London by ramming but at the loss of his own aircraft (and almost his own life) in one of the defining moments of the Battle of Britain. Holmes, making a head-on attack, found his guns inoperative. He flew his plane into the top-side of the German bomber, cutting off the rear tail section with his wing and causing the bomber to dive out of control. The German crew were killed in the crash, while the injured Holmes bailed out of his plane and survived. As the R.A.F. did not practice ramming as an air combat tactic, this was considered an impromptu manoeuvre, and an act of selfless courage.

All depends on which side of the fence one sits.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Effective??? One dead terrorist, multi-dead people and the fight goes on. You may not brand it as cowardice, Avro, but many do and for good reason.

Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't have an "effect". See the chaos it created in the airports? Plus when it does work (9/11) it has an even grater effect.

Duh! That would be a resounding NO,the very idea of strapping a bunch of explosives to my body does not in any way appeal to me. I would however be amoung the first to pick up a rifle and start shooting the suckers.

Interesting, I'm pretty sure I would die for my country in an effective way. If the Taliban were to run head on into the international military how long do you thing they would last...1...maybe 2 seconds. Under the tactics they employ now they are virtually winning against the greatest military might ever assembled.

I'm sure the Brits thought Boers were cowards as well when they had their a$$es handed to them in the late 1800's because the Dutch had figured out they didn't have to march in straight lines wearing bright uniforms to win, they invented gorilla warfare.

Tossing it off as Cowardice is just plain obtuse.:roll:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You betcha, shadowshiv, I am in complete agreement.

P.S. Anyone scanning my privates might find it a bit off-putting. :lol::lol:

I heard just today that they have already introduced full body scanners at Manchester airport. Later this year I will be flying to Manchester, so I suppose I will experience first hand what it is like.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It sure ain't bravery, which requires action in the face of fear for a life you don't wish to lose. This sort of cowardace is no different to the individual than sitting in your car in the garage with the engine running or eating your gun. These cowards place so little value on human life that they are willing to take others along with them for some promise of reward in the afterlife, rather than face life and the challenges it delivers. But the real cowards are the ones who recruit the suicide bombers and hide away rather than face their opponents.

So a guy charging the line in WW1 knowing he will die for God and country is any different? Please...give your head a shake. Like I said they are many things but cowards isn't one of them.

The guys who recruit them are just as cowardly as people who recruit people into the military....runnign around unemployment lines taking advantage of people who need direction.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Are these acts of cowardice?

All depends on which side of the fence one sits.

Not really, using your aircraft, or whatever, as a battering ram to protect your country from invasion by identified combatants is quite a bit different than blowing up innocent civilians for no apparent reason. There was a declared war between nations going on at the time and military targets are fair game, I fail to see how commercial airliners and office buildings fit that bill. These guys aren't defending anything and are going up against defenseless targets, cowards.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not really, using your aircraft, or whatever, as a battering ram to protect your country from invasion by identified combatants is quite a bit different than blowing up innocent civilians for no apparent reason. There was a declared war between nations going on at the time and military targets are fair game, I fail to see how commercial airliners and office buildings fit that bill. These guys aren't defending anything and are going up against defenseless targets, cowards.

What was Dresden?

Coward implies someone who won't take action. I believe it's the wrong impression. They play war by a completely different set of rules than European codes of honour. Maybe it's okay to target the people who will put pressure on their governments in their way. Unions do it all the time here. Remenber - all is fair in love and war.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
So a guy charging the line in WW1 knowing he will die for God and country is any different? Please...give your head a shake. Like I said they are many things but cowards isn't one of them.

Maybe you shook yours too hard. Knowing they may die for, more likely king and country, in the face of fire is far different than attacking a defenseless non military target.

The guys who recruit them are just as cowardly as people who recruit people into the military....runnign around unemployment lines taking advantage of people who need direction.

Interesting thought process here. I don't know how you equate recruiting suicide bombers to recuiting military personnel, whose jobs include defense as well. Maybe we should just be defenseless.:roll:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
In total war, which which has no bottom, there are no innocent civilians. It is state against state and those munitions workers and their replicants are sanctioned targets. An army always travels on civilians.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
What was Dresden? They play war by a completely different set of rules than European codes of honour. Maybe it's okay to target the people who will put pressure on their governments in their way. Unions do it all the time here. Remenber - all is fair in love and war.

Knew you would bring that up. Germany was in a war of agression, the Allies were defenders. Dresden may or may not have been a legitimate target, likewise the S.S. Caribou, the Sydney NS - Port Au Basques NL passenger ferry. Illegitimate targets will get hit in a major war, but not usually intentionally. Not all is fair, as war crimes trials show. I certainly hope you're not suggesting people pressure their governments to appease the Islamists.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
In total war, which which has no bottom, there are no innocent civilians.
Yeah right. Like the woman who works at the grocery store walking through the park with her 9 month old in the stroller.
Lay off the pot, Beav. You can't think clearly.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I heard just today that they have already introduced full body scanners at Manchester airport. Later this year I will be flying to Manchester, so I suppose I will experience first hand what it is like.

Maybe, maybe not, it is a limited resource primarily aimed at travellers to the US, unless you are travelling through there on your way. Even then, it will only be likely if you are identified for secondary screening, something I've only ever experienced once.