Faux News under fire for hypocrisy: 'ISIS needs to convert or we kill them'

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
First off, I'm in the camp of "do something about ISIL/ISIS/IS/ISwhateveryouwanttocallme". Theirs is a group that will(are) cause big problems not just in the region but all over the world. Hell, I'm even for anyone who goes over to help them in their "fight against infidels" and to "Establish the caliphate" have their citizenship revoked from their home country, be they 'natural born' or immigrant. If they even try to return, charge them with treason and as enemies of the state.

That said, Robertson is a dipstick. Anyone who believes he was just meaning the ISIS monsters is fooling themselves. His very words DO sound like those same ISIS monsters - convert or kill - and are just as disgusting.

At least he could have been honest and say "Let's just kill them and be done with it". I mean, these are fundamentalists of the worst kind, you know darn WELL they'd never convert so why make it a bloody option? To suggest even the attempt is to be ignorant of what and who they really are.

But it's Robertson, he's ignorant about a lot of things.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
First off, I'm in the camp of "do something about ISIL/ISIS/IS/ISwhateveryouwanttocallme". Theirs is a group that will(are) cause big problems not just in the region but all over the world. Hell, I'm even for anyone who goes over to help them in their "fight against infidels" and to "Establish the caliphate" have their citizenship revoked from their home country, be they 'natural born' or immigrant. If they even try to return, charge them with treason and as enemies of the state.

That said, Robertson is a dipstick. Anyone who believes he was just meaning the ISIS monsters is fooling themselves. His very words DO sound like those same ISIS monsters - convert or kill - and are just as disgusting.

At least he could have been honest and say "Let's just kill them and be done with it". I mean, these are fundamentalists of the worst kind, you know darn WELL they'd never convert so why make it a bloody option? To suggest even the attempt is to be ignorant of what and who they really are.

But it's Robertson, he's ignorant about a lot of things.
That's the whole problem. If we just kill them, we won't be done with it. How much killing of militant Arabs do we need to do before we figure out that killing them doesn't solve the problem? We (meaning the West) have been doing this for a century now. Ain't it time we wised up?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If we displace more and blow up more of their industry creating even more poverty they will have nothing else to do but think about how much we love them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If we displace more and blow up more of their industry creating even more poverty they will have nothing else to do but think about how much we love them.
And how much they love us.

My favourite fiction in this whole mess is this apparent conviction that we can kill only the bad guys and no innocents with airstrikes. It must be that, enit? Either that or thinking that killing their innocents won't inflame them against us and do wonders for their recruiting.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In my opinion this whole thing is a pile of steaming bullsh-t to create fear and distract attention from those who benefit.

I'm convinced they are a western/Israeli creation. For example the Foley guy was supposed to have been captured by Assad's crew back in 2012 yet ISIS managed to kidnap this guy from Assad and behead him? Rag tag putzes from Europe and other western nations can overrun a trained standing army who just leaves everything and runs away arming the snot out of these putzes who can steamroller Iraq in days while it took the US years to accomplish absolutely nothing?

None of it makes sense.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That's the whole problem. If we just kill them, we won't be done with it. How much killing of militant Arabs do we need to do before we figure out that killing them doesn't solve the problem? We (meaning the West) have been doing this for a century now. Ain't it time we wised up?

So please kind sir, how would you deal with them?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So please kind sir, how would you deal with them?
Well, for starters, I wouldn't go charging in because they beheaded two Americans. Remember World War I? One guy got shot, and they drowned a continent in blood and butchered a generation.

My basic plan calls for letting them get at it. I honestly don't understand how this is our problem. Brutal, murderous dictators are the norm for the Middle East. These guys are a bit worse than most, but that's typically true when you got a war on. After a time, they'll settle in to whatever territory they manage to grab. And there'll be a new country. It's happened before, many many times, and if the peace and security of the U.S. and Canada was affected, I'm not aware of it. Except when we decided to stick our noses into other folks' problems, that is.

Some people are still stuck on the fantasy that we'll roll in there, whoop some ISIS a$$, and all the people of the Middle East will fall on their knees in gratitude, convert to Methodists, elect conservative democratic governments, and start selling us oil at $10 a barrel to show their love and gratitude. Guess what. I'll say it nice and slow for emphasis: AIN'T. . . GONNA. . . HAPPEN.

If ISIS takes over a big chunk of Syria and Iraq, the real question is whether people whose everyday lives consist of being brutalised and murdered by Assad or Hussein or Maliki will even notice the change.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I never said to kill them; deal with them yes, but kill them no. Killing them only proves their point and, well, everything else you said here as well. It won't solve problems to just do a quick fix (kill). Dealing with them means dealing with them.

TBH though I don't know what the best way to deal with them could be, but look at one of the reasons why they are getting people in the region agreeing with them (not the religious crap). What are they doing? They're giving people opportunity, they're getting businesses going, transportation, repairing homes and roads. They're doing these common sense 'little things' to help make people's lives easier, so they don't seem so bad and then that's how they hook into the society enough to start doing their extremist stuff without any pushback. After all, why bite the hand who has helped them get back on their feet? So what if they kill a few foreigners... they're not Muslim and if they had their way they'd kill them so... it's protection for their families and religion. It's not like the foreigners actually do care after all.

And that's part of the problem too. We, the "infidels", the west, just *pretend* to care, but all we really want, as they see it, is the destruction of their religion (Convert them) destruction of their people (kill them) or the riches of their land (oil anyone and yes that is a huge part of all this). They don't see "us" as giving two shytes about them and for the most part, they're right. If - big if - but if they stopped all fighting tomorrow, if suddenly there was peace all over the ME, would we really care? No, not really; just so long as we got what we wanted from them.

Killing ISIS people isn't going to solve anything, it'll just make things worse. You won't *ever* convert them. The only way that might have worked would have been to actually help the region for the sake of just helping the region, and mean it. Sadly that's not gonna happen either.

But I still stand by doing *something* about them, because doing nothing is also not an option.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well, for starters, I wouldn't go charging in because they beheaded two Americans.

I agree.

My basic plan calls for letting them get at it. I honestly don't understand how this is our problem. Brutal, murderous dictators are the norm for the Middle East. These guys are a bit worse than most, but that's typically true when you got a war on. After a time, they'll settle in to whatever territory they manage to grab. And there'll be a new country. It's happened before, many many times, and if the peace and security of the U.S. and Canada was affected, I'm not aware of it. Except when we decided to stick our noses into other folks' problems, that is.

This is where, IMHO, things get silly. ISIS has said they are at war with us. They include Spain as part of the Caliphate. They have repeatedly expressed their determination to destroy the west in general, and the USA in particular...........they DO get a say on who they are at war with........

Some people are still stuck on the fantasy that we'll roll in there, whoop some ISIS a$$, and all the people of the Middle East will fall on their knees in gratitude, convert to Methodists, elect conservative democratic governments, and start selling us oil at $10 a barrel to show their love and gratitude. Guess what. I'll say it nice and slow for emphasis: AIN'T. . . GONNA. . . HAPPEN.

Well, I've learned my lesson on that count after the US in Iraq and both of us in Afghanistan. You're right. Islam and western ideas of freedom and democracy are incompatible.

So we kill those that oppose us, or our allies.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

If ISIS takes over a big chunk of Syria and Iraq, the real question is whether people whose everyday lives consist of being brutalised and murdered by Assad or Hussein or Maliki will even notice the change.

It is a matter of scale. Their have been Christians in both areas since there were Christians.............and ISIS will murder them all.

To say nothing of the Shia, and other minorities.

Genocide can not be tolerated.

Full stop.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The real Christians in the east are paying the price for Evangelical moonbattery in the west trying to manifest their beast.to justify a Holy War/energy war.

Somebody and their top notch military straetgists are backing this pack of alleged ISIL volunteers. There is no way they could do what they did without eyes of satellites giving them high ground wherever they roam. If not then these guys are as smart as Khan when it comes to leading their hoards into battle.

Their moves are worthy of study and used in future conflicts we engage in.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This is where, IMHO, things get silly. ISIS has said they are at war with us. They include Spain as part of the Caliphate. They have repeatedly expressed their determination to destroy the west in general, and the USA in particular...........they DO get a say on who they are at war with........
When you were a little kid, did you fight with every kid that said he didn't like you?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mr. Robertson's opinions may be irrelevant.

Mr. Hannity may have been silly to ask for them.

But at least it was a question honestly asked, and straight-forwardly answered.

The idiot "progressive" howl about the interview is definitely NOT honest, as it misrepresents what Mr. Robertson said.

That says a lot more about the "progressives" than it does about Mr. Robertson....................

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Be kinda funny to see your extensive comments on the Rwandan genocide. Assuming you ever made any, which is a long assumption indeed.

Your definition of "genocide" seems to be "any action I don't like."

The Rwandans were failed mightily by the useless United Nations that ordered D'Allaire to stand down in his plans to forestall the massacre he saw coming, by the Belgians who abandoned the field after the murder of a few of their troops (after the UN ordered them to surrender) and by the Clinton administration, who refused to supply the necessary military might to stabilize the place.

I've read Shake Hands With the Devil by Romeo D'Allaire

When you were a little kid, did you fight with every kid that said he didn't like you?

Pretty well.

Usually I was NOT the aggressor.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Rwandans were failed mightily by the useless United Nations that ordered D'Allaire to stand down in his plans to forestall the massacre he saw coming, by the Belgians who abandoned the field after the murder of a few of their troops (after the UN ordered them to surrender) and by the Clinton administration, who refused to supply the necessary military might to stabilize the place.

Pretty well.

And you were all up and yelling about how we needed to get into it, right? You being all anti-genocide and stuff.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The real Christians in the east are paying the price for Evangelical moonbattery in the west trying to manifest their beast.to justify a Holy War/energy war.

Somebody and their top notch military straetgists are backing this pack of alleged ISIL volunteers. There is no way they could do what they did without eyes of satellites giving them high ground wherever they roam. If not then these guys are as smart as Khan when it comes to leading their hoards into battle.

Their moves are worthy of study and used in future conflicts we engage in.

Right.

It's the JOOS!!!

What is it about the Jews that makes even normally intelligent, sane people (that's you Petros) go absolutely off-the-rails bat shyte CRAZY (that is also you Petros)

Exactly what the Jews want......a fundamentalist Islamic State on their borders that believes their destiny is to murder every Jew to the last baby.

And you were all up and yelling about how we needed to get into it, right? You being all anti-genocide and stuff.

Yep.

I was extremely up set that the head of UN military affairs giving the "stand Down" orders to D'Allaire was another Canadian, General Joseph Gérard Maurice Baril.....under the useless idiot Kofi Annan.

Baril was later promoted to Chief of Defense Staff.......by idiot Liberals.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Pretty well.

Of course not. It's always the other guy's fault, ain't it, Colpy?