Drunken Breast Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It was gross stupidity if she was drunk. Definitely neglectful.

Perhaps you should do a little research, Mr.

Here, I'll help you out:

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, NCBDDD, CDC

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, birth defects at NOFAS

MedlinePlus: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Parenting and Child Health - Health Topics - Alcohol - effects on unborn children

Alcohol Effects on Unborn Babies - What do we Know so Far?

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Fact Sheet

I'll stop quoting you now, because its apparent you have no idea about motherhood and babies.

Since you want to be a douche bag, I'll not bother with the usual understanding and let you off for making the few mistakes you've made.

For starters you moron, the story isn't about FAS. Can you read or are you just too ****ing stupid? You do understand the difference between drinking while pregnant and drinking while breast feeding don't you. That was retorical, you obviously don't. Go ask Kerrie if drinking while breast feeding and drinking while pregnant are the same thing. She can explain it too you.

And just so you know, you idiot, I have probably forgotten more than you will ever know about motherhood and babies. Anytime you feel the urge to step up and take the pepsi ****ing challenge with me on the subject you just let me know.

Until then shut your ****ing pie hole and show some respect.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Which one?

:p

The girly one. :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Since you want to be a douche bag, I'll not bother with the usual understanding and let you off for making the few mistakes you've made.

For starters you moron, the story isn't about FAS. Can you read or are you just too ****ing stupid? You do understand the difference between drinking while pregnant and drinking while breast feeding don't you. That was retorical, you obviously don't. Go ask Kerrie if drinking while breast feeding and drinking while pregnant are the same thing. She can explain it too you.

And just so you know, you idiot, I have probably forgotten more than you will ever know about motherhood and babies. Anytime you feel the urge to step up and take the pepsi ****ing challenge with me on the subject you just let me know.

Oh, the swearing. My poor eyes. Who's going to be the first to rush off and try to have someone banned for swearing? Oh, me oh my. Oh, the humanity.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

roflmao You're hilarious.
Here, I'll explain it to you in simple terms; female gets pregnant, female drinks to excess, fetus develops fetal alcohol syndrome. The info about FAS you can read from my links.
Respect? You have to earn that. Sorry. I know at least I am pretty civil.
Hugs
And BTW, I raised two girls, the oldest has her own successful business, the younger completed the ENPC course in nursing after she received her bachelor's degree in health science. I think I did a pretty good job of being a mother. Everyone I met seems to think so, too.
Hugs

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Here, I'll explain it to you in simple terms; female gets pregnant, female drinks to excess, fetus develops fetal alcohol syndrome. The info about FAS you can read from my links.

And that has what to do with the OP? Did you even bother to read it? Some how I doubt that you did. Otherwise why would you be talking about FAS?

Respect? You have to earn that. Sorry. I know at least I am pretty civil.

Not according to what you've posted here and in other threads. I understand you are already getting negative reps. What's more you don't even bother to find out who is who here before you start running your mouth.

Yeah thanks, but no thanks.

And BTW, I raised two girls, the oldest has her own successful business, the younger completed the ENPC course in nursing after she received her bachelor's degree in health science. I think I did a pretty good job of being a mother. Everyone I met seems to think so, too.
Hugs

Yeah so, who hasn't? My son is a lead programmer at UBSoft in Montreal and my daughter manages her own band and is a full time student in the BA program at Sheridan College. People I've met say the same thing.

But what does it have to do with a woman with a six week old baby that got arrested for breastfeeding when some cop thought she was drunk?

I know about Fas. I read all about it when my wife became pregnant with our son.
It doesn't have anything to do with this thread other than you yammering on about it. Certainly there is nothing about it mentioned in the OP nor the woman's pregnancy nor the baby's health. I am sure that if the baby's health was harmed at all, it would be part of the report and charges laid.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
And that has what to do with the OP? Did you even bother to read it? Some how I doubt that you did. Otherwise why would you be talking about FAS?
Yes I did read it, actually. It says, "Drunken Breast Feeding"

I guess I have to do your thinking for you. Here, I'll explain it in a little more depth for you. Alcohol is the source of the problem of FAS. Breast feeding is one of the delivery systems of alcohol to a baby.

Not according to what you've posted here and in other threads.
You have issues with the information I have posted? Or is it that you don't like my delivery? I think it's likely my delivery. Sorry if you can't handle my directness. Sorry if you can't control yourself. I am sorry you got upset. All better now?
I understand you are already getting negative reps.
I have a reputation? Awesome!! Let me in on the gossip, please.
What's more you don't even bother to find out who is who here before you start running your mouth.
My mouth runs with facts, questions, sometimes opinions, an extremely rare expletive, and I am open to correction if the correction comes from someone qualified.
And people here don't know me, so the road goes two ways.

Yeah thanks, but no thanks.
Well, I don't have a return policy on hugs. You can't give it back. You can only give me one of yours. hehehe

Yeah so, who hasn't? My son is a lead programmer at UBSoft in Montreal and my daughter manages her own band and is a full time student in the BA program at Sheridan College. People I've met say the same thing.
I am truly happy for you.

But what does it have to do with a woman with a six week old baby that got arrested for breastfeeding when some cop thought she was drunk?
You brought up the topic, silly. You said you were a better parent and know more than I do about motherhood. Remember? Besides, it's as much on topic as your comments about her bf and some alleged beating.

I know about Fas. I read all about it when my wife became pregnant with our son.
It doesn't have anything to do with this thread other than you yammering on about it. Certainly there is nothing about it mentioned in the OP nor the woman's pregnancy nor the baby's health. I am sure that if the baby's health was harmed at all, it would be part of the report and charges laid.
wow a whole book? Or was it a pamphlet about FAS?
Here, I'll explain it in simple terms; cops see a lot of drunk people. In my experience, they don't need to be medical experts to be able to tell when someone has been drinking, especially to excess. They thought the woman was drunk. Alcohol causes FAS. One of the delivery systems for alcohol is breast feeding. See? Once you think about it, the concept is pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

kiwi_NZ

Electoral Member
May 23, 2009
New Zealand
wow this thread has got out of hand and tempered the people.

Being drunk and breastfeeding no matter which way you look at it is child neglect, a 6 week old baby for cripes sake.

I haven't read all the posts but I wonder what that Mum, her home, her partner and if any other children are like.

Maybe the person who potted this Mum knows a lot more than we know and called the police for good reason.

Certainly sounds like a monumental big deal and so not warranted for a wee baby

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And BTW, I raised two girls, the oldest has her own successful business, the younger completed the ENPC course in nursing after she received her bachelor's degree in health science.

My son is a lead programmer at UBSoft in Montreal and my daughter manages her own band and is a full time student in the BA program at Sheridan College.

One of my daughters owns half of Asia and invented 30% of everything. My son was the first human to walk on the sun. He did that after he created NASA and gravity. My other daughter gave Chuck Norris a round house kick to the face.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
One of my daughters owns half of Asia and invented 30% of everything. My son was the first human to walk on the sun. He did that after he created NASA and gravity. My other daughter gave Chuck Norris a round house kick to the face.

ok Cannuck - I'm gonna have to call

...no way did your daughter deliver a roundhouse kick to Chuck Norris!!

:lol::lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
wow this thread has got out of hand and tempered the people.

Being drunk and breastfeeding no matter which way you look at it is child neglect, a 6 week old baby for cripes sake.

I haven't read all the posts but I wonder what that Mum, her home, her partner and if any other children are like.

Maybe the person who potted this Mum knows a lot more than we know and called the police for good reason.

Certainly sounds like a monumental big deal and so not warranted for a wee baby
That was my point to begin with. Also Karrie's I think.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nifty. But no-one mentioned your ability as a mother. lmao

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

While I don't agree with the delivery of his rebuttal, I can see why Unf is disregarding your links. A breastfeeding child is no longer a fetus, and there is no solid research (for obvious reasons) about the developmental impact of alcohol on a newborn baby rather than a fetus.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Fetus' develop. Babies develop. We all develop till about the neighborhood of 25 years. But I see his/her point. To me fetus' are babies from conception. Maybe there's an IAS (infant alcohol syndrome) :D in the works of science. Anyway, you said it in 8 words. He made several posts, didn't get his point across, and showed everyone he's foul-mouthed, disrespectful, and can't control himself. Anyway, I apologized and it was sincere.
Either way, breastfeeding a child while drunk is not good. Their livers do not deal with alcohol as fast as adults (babies lose an ounce of alcohol in about 8 hours). Even though only about 2% of the alcohol is transferred through breast milk, the baby is much smaller and more than a couple drinks is a large dose.
I found out something else which makes sense, drinking a beer does not make more milk. It does the reverse. Alcohol reduces cellular activity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.