Describe the United States in a sentence.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
#juan said:
Jay wrote:
Well as we all know, the phrase "banning books" or "book burner" is an implication that those people do not support free speech. We know Liberals don't support free speech as indicated by the laws they enact. Let's not forget the deportation of an individual because he didn't agree with the official version of history, which I might add, speaks volumes about who these book banners are and how they are inherently dangerous to freedom loving people everywhere.

So, the liberals didn't actually burn any books.....but they could have if they wanted.....Is that what you are saying?

Since you've brought it up before, I assume you're talking about Ernst Zundel. If this guy was such a pillar, why didn't the states take him in? Zundel was spreading hate. He would have been treated the same in the U.S.. Was Zundel deported or was he extradited by the German government?

I could go along with someone having a different opinion about the Holocaust but that is not all Zundel wass doing.

I'm under the impression he was deported to Germany from Canada. If Canada extradited him to Germany for his opinions then all it really goes to show both the Canadian and the German governments are corrupt.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Describe the United S

Americans do not love freedom, there is an endless list of countrys who wanted to be free but were denied that freedom by Americans. Millions of people have believed the lie about Americas love of freedom and been murdered because of it.Someone who holds up the present day concept of American Freedom as the pinacle of mankinds asperations for universal justice is blind and sick and worse still,ignorant beyond comprehension.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Describe the United S

darkbeaver said:
Americans do not love freedom, there is an endless list of countrys who wanted to be free but were denied that freedom by Americans. Millions of people have believed the lie about Americas love of freedom and been murdered because of it.Someone who holds up the present day concept of American Freedom as the pinacle of mankinds asperations for universal justice is blind and sick and worse still,ignorant beyond comprehension.

As usual, I call.

What nation is now denied freedom by the United States?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/prhr8

According to German prosecutors, Zundel, 65, was immediately arrested and jailed when he arrived in Germany. He had been sentenced to five years in prison for incitement and insulting and denigrating the memory of the dead.

The prosecutors had charged Zundel — a German national — with sending hate material and anti-Semitic and Holocaust revisionist documents over the Internet from both the United States and Canada.

He moved to the United States in 2000 but was deported back to Canada in 2003 on a legal technicality. He had been held in a Toronto detention center ever since.

In a 64-page court decision last week, Canadian Judge Pierre Blais called Zundel a “racist hypocrite” who tried to pass himself off as a pacifist in order to win support for his right-wing extremist anti-Semitic propaganda. He called Zundel both “a threat to Canadian national security” and “to the international community.”

So here we clearly have a Liberal intolerant bias non-partial judge sitting on the bench. If Zundel is to be charged and deported, this judge should be to, for he is inciting both Liberal and conservatives. He is inciting Liberals to round up more people who say things they don't like to be brought before him, and inciting Conservatives to deal with the situation in their own hands since it is clear that Liberals can't be trusted to sit in judgment over constitutional rights. (you can make up an BS you want too .....thats the beauty of book burning philosophy embraced by the liberal camp

Clearly Liberals should be rounded up and put in jail as they represent a clear and present danger to free speech.[/url]

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jay wrote:
I'm under the impression he was deported to Germany from Canada. If Canada extradited him to Germany for his opinions then all it really goes to show both the Canadian and the German governments are corrupt.

By that reasoning, your heros below the forty-ninth are corrupt as also because they deported him as well. He was speading hate literature in Canada and he was thrown out.

http://tinyurl.com/6qe5s

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:
quote]

As usual, I call.

RESPONSE: Icannot believe that you would think that to be a challenging question. Perhaps you should try to recall which Nations are under Occupation by US troops.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

PoisonPete2 said:
Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:
quote]

As usual, I call.

RESPONSE: Icannot believe that you would think that to be a challenging question. Perhaps you should try to recall which Nations are under Occupation by US troops.

The question was "Which nations are denied freedom by the United States?"

Both Iraq and Afghanistan have elected governments. Both have asked US troops to stay.

Even if one does not accept that at face value, as I know you won't, neither of these nations were free before the invasion, in fact both have increased liberty since they were invaded, so the United States is hardly denying their people freedom. Indeed, in both nations the US is working towards an exit strategy.

So I ask again; What nation's people are denied freedom by the United States?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I must be blind, Juan....I can't find the American deportation parts in the link you put up....

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Describe the United S

America, loved by some, despised by others, it's big, it's here, it's over the top, in your face, whacky, cool, crazy, rich, over-hyped and the rest.*

*an earlier statement is incorrect, Britain's empire, and that of rome were much much vaster and richer than America could ever possibly hope to be, just to correct an earlier statement.....also they were MUCH more influencial.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Daz_Hockey said:
America, loved by some, despised by others, it's big, it's here, it's over the top, in your face, whacky, cool, crazy, rich, over-hyped and the rest.*

This is the best take I've seen yet. Good one, Daz!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jay wrote:
I must be blind, Juan....I can't find the American deportation parts in the link you put up...

I don't have time to look for it right now.. Just google "Zundel deported from U.S".. You'll get lots of hits.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:

As usual, I call.

Canada!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

darkbeaver said:
Colpy said:
darkbeaver said:

As usual, I call.

Canada!

Funny.

I thought we just emerged from a thirteen year government that was infamous for its anti-American stance.

I just looked out the wondow and, by God, there's not an Abrams or a Bradley, or even a Hummer in sight!

Seems we got away with it.

Geez, Beav, that answer was even sillier than the one where you claimed Aztec civilization was the Apex of human development.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

Haggis McBagpipe said:
Daz_Hockey said:

This is the best take I've seen yet. Good one, Daz!

See ppl think I'm one of those brits who hate america, this isnt true, but it becomes irritating when ppl consider what america has done as in anyway new or unusual......it's all been done before, their ideas of freedom and liberty, their government structure, even their national anthem was an english beer song.

An american I work with today made a good point about the 1812 war (that got ya canadians), he summised that if a SMALL group of british soldiers could have walked from canada to washington and set fire and burned the capital, would this not suggest that if they REALLY wanted your country they would have taken it?....no,no,no it's France who were the real villians.

Sneakily pretending to side with the US to covertly steal all their gain from them but were forced to stop when the british beat them in what was really the first world war.

as I say, in ways I admire America for what it has become, but I just feel the phrase "standing on the shoulders of giants" has been forgotten

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Aztec civilization was the Apex of human development"

It was till the Americans did them in!! :roll: :lol:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Daz_Hockey said:
Sneakily pretending to side with the US to covertly steal all their gain from them but were forced to stop when the british beat them in what was really the first world war.

Can you expand on this a bit for little ol me? Thanks.

Daz_Hockey said:
as I say, in ways I admire America for what it has become, but I just feel the phrase "standing on the shoulders of giants" has been forgotten

Well put, I like that line. I would assume it's part of the "giant complex".

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Is that your hand I see creeping towards your club?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Jay said:
"Aztec civilization was the Apex of human development"

It was till the Americans did them in!! :roll: :lol:

Actually I did not claim that the Aztecs were the apex of human developement, I believe I claimed they were a higher form of civilization.