Describe the United States in a sentence.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Describe the United States in a sentence.

Jay said:
Not to worry my Liberal friends....

Free and brave aren't words we expect you guys to understand.

:wink:

You don't mean that, Jay. You just woke up this morning and thought to yourself, "Hmm, I sure do want to see them torture rooms. What in jesum crow's name kin ah do to gain entry . . . what to do . . . what to do. . . ." :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What's this about Liberals? Did someone insult you Jay?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No, no one is insulting me (or at least I'm not taking it that way).

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand Liberals aren't about freedom and bravery...there about banning books and stealing your money.

America says "you are free"....Liberals say "from cradle to grave".

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jay wrote:No, no one is insulting me (or at least I'm not taking it that way).

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand Liberals aren't about freedom and bravery...there about banning books and stealing your money.

I take it that, in your estimation, Liberals are all bad and the U.S. is all good. Would that about sum it up?

Just out of curiosity, what books did the Liberals ban?[/quote]

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

FiveParadox said:
Putting the two in separate statements seems to imply that anyone who carries a "liberal"-type philosophy is inherently anti-American?

When Liberals in Canada make it a point to run a campaign on anti-Americanism, and Liberal supporters lap it up....what other conclusions are people to draw?

Let's not pretend Liberals understand "free" outside of double speak concepts like "free healthcare", "free day-care".

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jay, I support the Liberal Party of Canada — and on the same breath, I also (prepare to gasp) support the principles of a free and democratic society. However, more than I would ever support the too-often-mob-mentality idea of "liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness" I prefer the idea of "peace, order and good government." But that's a difference between the United States and Canada — not the United States and liberalism.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
#juan said:
Jay wrote:No, no one is insulting me (or at least I'm not taking it that way).

I take it that, in your estimation, Liberals are all bad and the U.S. is all good. Would that about sum it up?

Just out of curiosity, what books did the Liberals ban?
[/quote]

Well as we all know, the phrase "banning books" or "book burner" is an implication that those people do not support free speech. We know Liberals don't support free speech as indicated by the laws they enact. Let's not forget the deportation of an individual because he didn't agree with the official version of history, which I might add, speaks volumes about who these book banners are and how they are inherently dangerous to freedom loving people everywhere.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Fine then. Liberals don't support free speech. But then, by the same token, wouldn't Americans promote hatred and oppose peaceful co-existence?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

FiveParadox said:
Jay said:
Thats why it's the home of the brave....
Hardly.

I wouldn't call hiding behind the amendments of one's Constitution, in spreading hatred and disarray, to be "brave." But you know, to each their own.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

But you know, to each their own. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

FiveParadox said:
Fine then. Liberals don't support free speech.

Your a scholar and a gentleman.

Thank you - I rest my case.

FiveParadox said:
But then, by the same token, wouldn't Americans promote hatred and oppose peaceful co-existence?

No I say the Americans aren't thought police types. If you want to love - it is your right to do so. If you want to hate - it's your right to do so. I might also add they have come along way in breaking their own rules to accommodate people who don't agree with the freedom position.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The United States allows me to self-realization when comparing living both in Canada and the U.S. (the only two countries I know).

That I can be responsible for my own state of being and pursue what I believe I can do within my capabilities and contribute on my own and to provide for my future as I go forward in life.

What I notice in difference personally is I do not have to choose the government mandates, as long as I do not expect government assistance, or break any laws.

That sense of responsibility for "freedom" is something one cannot explain until one can compare by living it. The possibilities are there without restrictive rules as to why it "may be impossible".

Dreams are not stepped on.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
lol, I laugh at these arguments that if you think there should be exceptions, then you must hate the subject matter entirely. If I think there are lawful exceptions to the freedom of speech, then I must loathe the entire concept; if I disagree with a single policy that the United States exerts, then I must, of course, be a terrorist-sympathizing anti-American retard; if I refuse to believe that my Muslim friend is going to attempt to kill me in my sleep, then I must be covertly supporting terrorist organizations in Canada ...

Sorry. That's the frustration of Yahoo! Political Chat speaking, perhaps. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You missed it....and here I thought we were making progress.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
lol, Jay, we are having a discussion here while I am having a voice discussion with a rather interesting neoconservative "friend" on a Yahoo! public voice chat room; I would think that you are attempting to be a voice of reason. However, this is against the competing claims of this person, let's call him Bobby, attempting to inform me that as a gay Canadian with a Muslim friend, I am the pinnacle of evil in modern society and should be charged with war crimes and put to death. :) Pleasant fellow, eh?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jay wrote:
Well as we all know, the phrase "banning books" or "book burner" is an implication that those people do not support free speech. We know Liberals don't support free speech as indicated by the laws they enact. Let's not forget the deportation of an individual because he didn't agree with the official version of history, which I might add, speaks volumes about who these book banners are and how they are inherently dangerous to freedom loving people everywhere.

So, the liberals didn't actually burn any books.....but they could have if they wanted.....Is that what you are saying?

Since you've brought it up before, I assume you're talking about Ernst Zundel. If this guy was such a pillar, why didn't the states take him in? Zundel was spreading hate. He would have been treated the same in the U.S.. Was Zundel deported or was he extradited by the German government?

I could go along with someone having a different opinion about the Holocaust but that is not all Zundel wass doing.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

FiveParadox said:
lol, Jay, we are having a discussion here while I am having a voice discussion with a rather interesting neoconservative "friend" on a Yahoo! public voice chat room; I would think that you are attempting to be a voice of reason. However, this is against the competing claims of this person, let's call him Bobby, attempting to inform me that as a gay Canadian with a Muslim friend, I am the pinnacle of evil in modern society and should be charged with war crimes and put to death. :) Pleasant fellow, eh?

It takes all kinds Five.

I wouldn't hang out with people like that, personally. But I wouldn't take away his rights to express those opinions either.

I have Muslim acquaintances too, and gay friends. If he is willing to put you to death, he will want to put me to death also.