China says it will execute riot killers

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
What you say may be true, but had the Chinese government treated the Uyghurs as equals to the Han, the NED's activities would be of no avail. Looking at it that way, the NED is still exploiting an already-existent weekness in the system.

Could you see the NED trying to create a rift between Manitoba and the rest of Canada? Unless Manitoba has some very legitimate grievance of some sort, the NED's activities would be of no avail, and would likely even backfire. Same applies in China. I'm not saying that the NED is right in what it's doing. It is just as guilty as the Chinese regime. All I'm saying is that had the Chinese regime treated the Uyghurs more fairly, the NED's activities in China woudl ahve come to no avail.

Interesting you should mention Canada. We can deal with those particular breeches in Canadas soverignty in another thread. The NED has no business funding and inflaming violent uprising in any country, there is absolutely no equality between the Chinese government and the NED, none whatever.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
AnnaG

This thread is about troublemakers who started a riot and committed murders at the same time ;nothing about students ;but you obviously knew that - in a first place .
Yep, but that doesn't help me get rid of the idea that the Chinese gov't has a very low opinion of human life unless the humans are of the Chinese elite.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
While I agree that Canadians, exceptions aside, have a more negative view of China than the reality, I will say this about the riots:

Both the Uighurs and the Han who engaged in the riots were out of line.

Do I agree with executing those who may have committed murder? Exceptions aside, yes.
Not me. If I were for capital punishment, I would prefer to execute those who I knew were the perps, not who MAY have been the perps.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Interesting you should mention Canada. We can deal with those particular breeches in Canadas soverignty in another thread. The NED has no business funding and inflaming violent uprising in any country, there is absolutely no equality between the Chinese government and the NED, none whatever.

You misunderstood. I wasn't defending the NED and you're right, it has no business doing that. All I'm saying is that if China treated the Uyghurs as equals, the NED would have had a much harder time fomenting divisions too. It takes two to tango.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Not me. If I were for capital punishment, I would prefer to execute those who I knew were the perps, not who MAY have been the perps.

I fully agree with what you're saying here. And I may have been too harsh in my previous comment. In a country that is truly just, there is no reason to start riots and kill people, and so in such a context, punishment should be severe. In China, however, I acknowledge that part of the reason for the riots is injustice to begin with. I'm not excusing what the Uyghurs did, but I'm saying that we need to take those factors into account when judging them. Looking at it that way, then execution might be unfair, and a lighter punishment, maybe even amnesty, might be appropriate on the grounds that the riots were partly the government's fault to begin with.

Hey, I can be wrong too, and reserve the right to correct myself.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What the hell does it matter.... they're killing their own. Let em have at it. It's not like there isn't enough of em around.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
china
This thread is about troublemakers who started a riot and committed murders at the same time ;nothing about students ;but you obviously knew that - in a first place .
AnnaG​

Yep, but that doesn't help me get rid of the idea that the Chinese gov't has a very low opinion of human life unless the humans are of the Chinese elite.
It's not the Chinese gov. that sarted the riot ;it's not the Chinese gov. that murdered the150+ people ;these are facts .Obviously your ideas have nothing in common with reality .