China says it will execute riot killers

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Niflmir

Well,my internet is not censored ,if your internet is ,Niflmir ,than I would suggest you down load a Hot spot Shield .I thought you guys knew something about computers and internet .

Are you sure about that? I'd found my internet censored on a number of occasions, depending on the word I was searching for. I believe they require all search engines to have key-word censorship.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I would like to say though that as long as Canada has outstanding UNHCR resolutions against it, it ought to show at least some humility and focus on improving its human rights at the same time as it criticise's China's. It should also show China the respect it would expect in return. If China violates a human right, it's not up to Canada to to make any official statement about it other than through its ambassador at the UN General Assembly and go with whatever decision is made there. I'm not saying Canada has, recently at least (surprising considering Harper's foot-in-mouth disease). I'm just saying that if another nation has issues with Canada, we'd expect the same respect, so let's give it back in return. No country should bad-mouth Canada inpublic. If they have an issue, take it to the General Assembly, where Canada has a representative who has a chance to explain Canada's side of the story. Same applies to China or any other country.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
[SIZE=+1]"China says it will execute riot killers"

Execution has always worked in the past. The culprits at
[/SIZE]Tiananmen Square [SIZE=+1](sp) have not re-offended. I thought it was a little chintzy making the families pay for the bullets because they must have saved a fortune on the trial...Or lack of a trial.

Execution seems to be China's answer to most problems like this. They must also save a bundle on appeals. Corpses don't complain...;-)
[/SIZE]

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Machjo,
Are you sure about that? I'd found my internet censored on a number of occasions, depending on the word I was searching for. I believe they require all search engines to have key-word censorship.

Well, yes it is censored .But there are ways to get around it Machjo.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
#juan ,
[SIZE=+1]E[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]l.
Execution seems to be China's answer to most problems like this. They must also save a bundle on appeals. Corpses don't complain...
[/SIZE]
The other way is to serve the killers steak and eggs in he name of rehabilitation .

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
This is what China does and the students know it if thay refuse to leave when ordered to then they are there at there own risk which usually leads to execution

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
AnnaG

Protesting students are killers? That's a reach.
This thread is about troublemakers who started a riot and committed murders at the same time ;nothing about students ;but you obviously knew that - in a first place .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
LIberalman ,
This is what China does and the students know it if thay refuse to leave when ordered to then they are there at there own risk which usually leads to execution

How do you know what a Chinese student "knows" ?are you communicating with them telepathically ? have you ever refused to leave when ordered to leave by a Chinese authority ? have you ever bin to China ? ....do you know how silly your post is?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Bypassing the nonsense between posts #1 and #30, and reverting strictly to the topic:

Has China ever done anything different and/or is expected to do anything differen?

Barbarians are barbarians.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Said 1

China. The model society. I'm moving there as soon as I get my shots.
You know and I know that there is no such thing as a"model" society but I,m sure that if you visited China you'd be pleasently suprised .
You can also get your shots done here in China .It takes less then 20m and less than $10. I had my done 7 ys ago and still bucking .

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
While I agree that Canadians, exceptions aside, have a more negative view of China than the reality, I will say this about the riots:

Both the Uighurs and the Han who engaged in the riots were out of line.

Do I agree with executing those who may have committed murder? Exceptions aside, yes.

I would like to emphasize this, however: The Uighurs do have some very legitimate grievances. I have known Uighurs in China, and have visited Urumqi, the very site of the riots today, and spoken to many Uighurs, and can say that there is essentially a subtle policy of cultural genocide against them by the government. It is subtle though, and the government is very good at PR and psychological manipulaiton. To take an example:

In Xinjiang, both Mandarin and Uighur are co-official languages. Fair enough. But they are not totally equal. Parent can choose to send their children to either Uighur-medum or Mandarin-medium schools up to the end of middle or high school (I can't remember which), after which they must transfer to Mandarin-medium instruction in higher education.

I'd visited Urumqi in 2001, the same year that a government law banning the University of Xinjiang from offering courses in Uighur was to take effect. Sure it could teach Uighur itself, but could not teach in Uighur. Obviously a Uighur parent looking forward to his child learning his mother tongue and getting a higher education finds himself with a tough decision to make. Of course the government will rub in the fact that they do have a 'choice', ignoring the consequences of the choice. It's all PR in the end, with the government giving insignificant rights to the now-minority language community, and then rubs it in for PR effect, when in reality these 'rights' are meaningless if the pupil intends to move his way up in society.

Of course the Uighurs aren't stupid and can see right through this PR, and are fuming angry about it.

Evenin 2001 I could feel the tension in the air. The city was above in the day, but as soon as the sun went down, nearly all went home. The city was clearly though unofficially deliniated, with the Uighurs, Hui, Kazakhs, and others (though mostly Uighurs) living in their minority enclave of town, and the Han living in theirs. Needless to say the Han secotr was the more developed one.

Ethnic prejudice and hatred was ripe too. I'd been told off for daring to speak Han to a Uighur on one occasion, and having some Han asking if I was 'one of them' (referring to Uighurs) before becoming friendly with me, and when I'd say I'm not Uighur, they'd spew out their prejudices such as that Uighurs are thieves, trouble-makers, traitors, etc.

The local Han make no effort whatsoever, a few exceptions aside, to learn the local language and culture, or even to acknowledge it and give it its due respect, while the Uighurs feel themselves assimilated in Han schools.

I remember reading one article in which a Uighur was saying that Uighur teachers would often teach their own culture in school and ignore the rules (though usually the headmaster would be a Han, a member of the CPC, and often didn't know Uighur himself). Soon afterwards, a new 'teacher' would appear, a Han, and the Uighur teachers would immediately avoid that person out of suspicions that it's a spy.

The recent riots are not some surprise event born out of thin air, but come rather from a long history of ethnic injustices imposed on the Uighurs by the Han majority.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Washington is Playing a Deeper Game with China

By F. William Engdahl

Global Research, July 11, 2009

After the tragic events of July 5 in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in China, it would be useful to look more closely into the actual role of the US Government’s ”independent“ NGO, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). All indications are that the US Government, once more acting through its “private” Non-Governmental Organization, the NED, is massively intervening into the internal politics of China.
The reasons for Washington’s intervention into Xinjiang affairs seems to have little to do with concerns over alleged human rights abuses by Beijing authorities against Uyghur people. It seems rather to have very much to do with the strategic geopolitical location of Xinjiang on the Eurasian landmass and its strategic importance for China’s future economic and energy cooperation with Russia, Kazakhastan and other Central Asia states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The major organization internationally calling for protests in front of Chinese embassies around the world is the Washington, D.C.-based World Uyghur Congress (WUC).
The WUC manages to finance a staff, a very fancy website in English, and has a very close relation to the US Congress-funded NED. According to published reports by the NED itself, the World Uyghur Congress receives $215,000.00 annually from the National Endowment for Democracy for “human rights research and advocacy projects.” The president of the WUC is an exile Uyghur who describes herself as a “laundress turned millionaire,” Rebiya Kadeer, who also serves as president of the Washington D.C.-based Uyghur American Association, another Uyghur human rights organization which receives significant funding from the US Government via the National Endowment for Democracy.
The NED was intimately involved in financial support to various organizations behind the L

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Washington is Playing a Deeper Game with China

By F. William Engdahl

Global Research, July 11, 2009

After the tragic events of July 5 in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in China, it would be useful to look more closely into the actual role of the US Government’s ”independent“ NGO, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). All indications are that the US Government, once more acting through its “private” Non-Governmental Organization, the NED, is massively intervening into the internal politics of China.
The reasons for Washington’s intervention into Xinjiang affairs seems to have little to do with concerns over alleged human rights abuses by Beijing authorities against Uyghur people. It seems rather to have very much to do with the strategic geopolitical location of Xinjiang on the Eurasian landmass and its strategic importance for China’s future economic and energy cooperation with Russia, Kazakhastan and other Central Asia states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The major organization internationally calling for protests in front of Chinese embassies around the world is the Washington, D.C.-based World Uyghur Congress (WUC).
The WUC manages to finance a staff, a very fancy website in English, and has a very close relation to the US Congress-funded NED. According to published reports by the NED itself, the World Uyghur Congress receives $215,000.00 annually from the National Endowment for Democracy for “human rights research and advocacy projects.” The president of the WUC is an exile Uyghur who describes herself as a “laundress turned millionaire,” Rebiya Kadeer, who also serves as president of the Washington D.C.-based Uyghur American Association, another Uyghur human rights organization which receives significant funding from the US Government via the National Endowment for Democracy.
The NED was intimately involved in financial support to various organizations behind the L

What you say may be true, but had the Chinese government treated the Uyghurs as equals to the Han, the NED's activities would be of no avail. Looking at it that way, the NED is still exploiting an already-existent weekness in the system.

Could you see the NED trying to create a rift between Manitoba and the rest of Canada? Unless Manitoba has some very legitimate grievance of some sort, the NED's activities would be of no avail, and would likely even backfire. Same applies in China. I'm not saying that the NED is right in what it's doing. It is just as guilty as the Chinese regime. All I'm saying is that had the Chinese regime treated the Uyghurs more fairly, the NED's activities in China woudl ahve come to no avail.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Machjo ,

Sure my friend .I have down loaded the Hotspot Shield when youtube was censord .It works fine with everything.;it changes the configuration.

Wouldn't that make you a criminal by bypassing Chinese content controls?