China says it will execute riot killers

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Machjo ,
sie sie hao pengyo
Please tell me Machjo what freedoms have you bin restricted in.

Freedom of religious organization. I remember being invited by Catholic friends to a Christmas mass, and police were there 'for our safety'. Hmmm...?

Then a friend of mine told me how on 'Id-al-Fitr, the police had gone to the local mosque to film the participants!

A Chinese Buddhist friend was asking me one day if I wanted to buy some foreign Buddhist publications, including from the Dalai Lama. I wasn't interested, but he told me where to find them anyway, a shop that kept them at the back of the shop.

Also, the process of transfering funds abroad can be bureaucratic at times too.

To be fair though, foreigners now have the full freedom of religious organization, as long as they bring their passports (oh I feel so privileged :roll:). Also, there is just as much personal freedom of religion in China as in Canada, and the situation as far as freedom of religious organization goes is improving. I'd been at an international conference in Beijing where there was total freedom of religious association within the conference itself, with various religious groups renting out rooms to make presentations.

I do acknowledge though that Canadians tend to exaggerate the restrictions in China, and I still think the Canadian government, if it wants to criticise China, should do so in a more respectful manner by bringing the matter up at the UN General Assembly and respect whatever decision comes out of that. It's not up to Canada to dictate human rights in China while the Province of Ontario is violating a few human rights itself according to the UNHCR.

( I'm in southern Sichuan , Xichang . This very moment there is an earth tremor I,m on a 13 th floor of a hotel building and you can really feel it ).

I hope all is well with you.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You must be talking about the 4 trigger happy RCMP murderers who killed an innocent traveler at the Van. airport .
Most of the police walking the street are unarmed ,I think Machjo will agree.As far as tanks are concerned....well it happened people revolted people got killed ...part of 'evolution' ,happens every where . Is it justified , no murder is justified .
So AnnaG ,it'd be cool if you stop complaining about others that you really don,t even know,clean up your own back yard first and until you do you have no right judging others ,lady.

I'll agree that Chinese police officers are generally unarmed where I'd been to (even in Urumqi as far as I'd noticed, though there was also the biggest military base near the centre of that city that I'd ever seen in my life in an urban centre. It took me at least a few hours to walk around its perimetre). In fact, I generally find Chinese police more approachable than their Canadian counterparts. Unarmed, usually friendly and chatty with the locals, etc. Here in Ottawa, they look like they're wearing flack vests or whatever it is they're wearing. They're clearly armed, and most of them seldom smile through those square-jawed faces sitting on pumped up bodies! Chang ethe colour of their uniforms to green, and they'd almost look like they were wearing combat uniforms.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Captain Morgan'

I gotta start keeping a score card with China.. Let's see;

Canada: Bad
+
China: Good
+
Poland: Good
+
Polish cops crippling people: Good
----------------------------------------

= Bruce Lee-ski

I can see the latest movie now: BRUCE LEE-SKI in Enter the KIELBASA

You are funny Skipper,
Love ,China

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Machjo ,
Thanks for your two posts .
Indeed the things in China are changing fast ; for the better .
Xie Xie Machio

PS ,When are you coming back?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You must be talking about the 4 trigger happy RCMP murderers who killed an innocent traveler at the Van. airport .
Most of the police walking the street are unarmed ,I think Machjo will agree.As far as tanks are concerned....well it happened people revolted people got killed ...part of 'evolution' ,happens every where . Is it justified , no murder is justified .
So AnnaG ,it'd be cool if you stop complaining about others that you really don,t even know,clean up your own back yard first and until you do you have no right judging others ,lady.
Yeah, Chinese gov't and its employees are the epitomy of humanitarians. :roll:
Seems that demonstrators get killed in China more frequently than in North America. I think it probably has to do more with cops here using pepper spray, rubber bullets, bean bags, etc. than metal bullets and the like.
When was the last time a tank ran over a protester here?
Face it, The ROC and its military and police don't give a hoot about people, at least not until the rest of the planet throws them flak.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
AnnaG

Don't tell me about an known fact ;tell me what you've done about it , Anna.
The both of us actually send letters to gov't officials of other countries for one thing. A month or so ago we wrote a letter to a gov't official about skuipping Mexico in favor of Belize because of the crap that goes on in its "justice" system. What do you do?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'll agree that Chinese police officers are generally unarmed where I'd been to (even in Urumqi as far as I'd noticed, though there was also the biggest military base near the centre of that city that I'd ever seen in my life in an urban centre. It took me at least a few hours to walk around its perimetre). In fact, I generally find Chinese police more approachable than their Canadian counterparts. Unarmed, usually friendly and chatty with the locals, etc. Here in Ottawa, they look like they're wearing flack vests or whatever it is they're wearing. They're clearly armed, and most of them seldom smile through those square-jawed faces sitting on pumped up bodies! Chang ethe colour of their uniforms to green, and they'd almost look like they were wearing combat uniforms.
ok I retract my comment about Chinese police. :) It is their boss that doesn't give a whit about people.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
AnnaG
Yeah, Chinese gov't and its employees are the epitomy of humanitarians.

Seems that demonstrators get killed in China more frequently than in North America. I think it probably has to do more with cops here using pepper spray, rubber bullets, bean bags, etc. than metal bullets and the like.
When was the last time a tank ran over a protester here?
Face it, The ROC and its military and police don't give a hoot about people, at least not until the rest of the planet throws them flak.
That's your point of view .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
AnnaG

The both of us actually send letters to gov't officials of other countries for one thing. A month or so ago we wrote a letter to a gov't official about skuipping Mexico in favor of Belize because of the crap that goes on in its "justice" system. What do you do?

More than just send letters ,Ann.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ahhh, you travel to trouble spots and help out?
We prefer to stay closer to home and help out people here. Letters are messengers to other spots of the world.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
AnnG
Ahhh, you travel to trouble spots and help out?
I don't really travell to any "trouble " spots. My family and I support 12 farm children (financially ) in finishing their schooling .

We prefer to stay closer to home and help out people here.
Each to his own , indeed we all have our prefrences .

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
AnnG

I don't really travell to any "trouble " spots. My family and I support 12 farm children (financially ) in finishing their schooling .

Each to his own , indeed we all have our prefrences .
Well, I'm glad that you help out. We help out in our neck of the woods that way and other ways, too. But that doesn't mean we can't send protests to other places about some topic or other.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
He forks over money to educate a family, Mr. Wolf. I can't see anything wrong with that.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Machjo ,

Freedom of religious organization. I remember being invited by Catholic friends to a Christmas mass, and police were there 'for our safety'. Hmmm...?
Well , In Canada wearing a motorcycle helmet is mandatory ,for "ones safety",In China you are free to do what you want .

A Chinese Buddhist friend was asking me one day if I wanted to buy some foreign Buddhist publications, including from the Dalai Lama. I wasn't interested, but he told me where to find them anyway, a shop that kept them at the back of the shop.
In Qingdao we have a little Christian store where you can buy a Christian literature for children and adults. There are also bibles for sale in Chinese and English . As you know China is on of the biggest if not the biggest printer of the Bible in the world .

There is one thing that I can not purchase anywhere and that is a Holy Rosary ..
I gave mine to this Chinese girl ; before I got married and .........
I miss the Rosary .

Last edited: