ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That's pretty much the one real priority immigrants should have. Government should be enforcing communication first and foremost.

Culturally, immigrants are allowed to mesh with ours as long as they don't physically harm others.

Economically, it's up to everybody including government and organizations (across all industries) to ensure all citizens (immigrants and non-immigrants) have equal opportunity to make a living.

Then how do you address Canada not accepting Refugees because they cannot speak English. I am sure you did not consider that when you made your post. Many refugees are on wait lists for years - Not knowing what country will accept them.

Next when you sponsor a family member who is classed by the UNHCR as a legitimate refugee you the sponsor must meet a number of financial criteria - then after you send the file and copious quantities of documentation to the Land of Nod - AKA Ottawa - It can take up to 4 years before you get a yes or a no.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Refugees aren't the problem. It's the cash requirements required to gain entry. Who else can afford to come here other than the criminals?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
How can "Multicuralism" actually work, it is far more than just accepting another's culture and living side by side with it like most who embrace it say. Any person who is proud of their heritage own culture can never be really part of a true multicultural society. Germans are German first and foremost, all others though allowed to live their are just civilians. That form of thinking is why Multicuralism cannot work in Germany or any other country for that matter. Some were hoping that the Euro would draw Europe together, but it is just another failed attempt to do so.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
How can "Multicuralism" actually work, it is far more than just accepting another's culture and living side by side with it like most who embrace it say. Any person who is proud of their heritage own culture can never be really part of a true multicultural society. Germans are German first and foremost, all others though allowed to live their are just civilians. That form of thinking is why Multicuralism cannot work in Germany or any other country for that matter. Some were hoping that the Euro would draw Europe together, but it is just another failed attempt to do so.

Let me see; you are an American, therefore you probably celebrate the Christian holiday of Christmas with its numerous non-Christian aspects, such as feasting, Christmas trees, mistletoe and so on. You probably also eat German, Spanish, Mexican, English, and French foods along with Chinese, Indian and Italian. I expect you also incorporate many foreign words into your vocabulary and listen to music from a variety of non-US cultures. In addition, you probably watch films and TV programs that originate in other countries, perhaps without even knowing it. If you watch sports you would be hard pressed to watch a sport that did not have some or all of its origins in another nation. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Other apects of US society such as architecture, fashion, and technology borrow freely from other countries. Multiculturalism is alive and well in the US and unless you are a hermit, you are part of it.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I cannot argue with that, but I was referring to Multiculturalism in other countries mainly Germany and probably every other European country. I do believe that the U.S. has a true working Multicultural society.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I believe that the American/Canadian experience with multiculturalism is somewhat different from that of European and Asian cultures especially from the perspective of history and societal development. Nations like Germany, France, Britain, et al. have very long histories and have evolved to the point where there are marginal cultural differences within their respective national heritages (ie different dialects, etc). Canada and the USA are still relatively young and essentially are comprised of people that (at one point) immigrated here from Europe Asia.

In terms of the effectiveness of multiculturalism in North America, it's fair game to see how effective it was when the initial immigrants mixed with the indigenous people that arrived prior to the Europeans..... It didn't really work out that well.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Pretty much every new wave of immigration to the so called new world had their problems, but eventually work, fought them out and eventually found a way to coexist. Europe is another matter, they have been fighting each other for years and only end up in small periods of peace before going at each other again, plus their former colonies want the same as the mother countries and are coming home to collect, they are citizens also so they thought. Just like the waves of Chinese who wanted to leave Hong Kong when China took over and found out the weren't really British citizens or part of the Commonwealth anymore, thus not welcome.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I believe that the American/Canadian experience with multiculturalism is somewhat different from that of European and Asian cultures especially from the perspective of history and societal development. Nations like Germany, France, Britain, et al. have very long histories and have evolved to the point where there are marginal cultural differences within their respective national heritages (ie different dialects, etc). Canada and the USA are still relatively young and essentially are comprised of people that (at one point) immigrated here from Europe Asia.

In terms of the effectiveness of multiculturalism in North America, it's fair game to see how effective it was when the initial immigrants mixed with the indigenous people that arrived prior to the Europeans..... It didn't really work out that well.

Multiculti can work only if the hyphenated identification is reversed. As an example YJ would be a Canadian-Hungarian, not a Hungarian-Canadian or my maternal grandparents would be Canadian-Romanians not Romanian Canadians. I think this distinction is important. We cannot have a Canadian culture or even a true multi cultural society if immigrants are encouraged to bring their baggage with them.
In Europe it is somewhat different in that the majority in each country are from there for many generations and identify with long held customs while few here can trace their ancestry on both sides back more than three generations.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC

Western Civilization is based and its decline is inextricably linked with the belligerence of faith instead of its replacement by scientific doctrine

Your 'science' has in fact devolved into a cult of superstition, that has nothing to do with science. It is based on credulity, and actuated by political agendas. Neither Anthropogenic Global Warming or 'Genetic' Homosexuality have any basis in science or scientific method, they are simply orthodoxies that have applied themselves to a Pseudo Scientific Cult.

If this 'god' of science is so reliable, why is everything falling apart... culturally, economically, aesthetically, morally. Why do we see such a marked deterioration in human communication.. manners, artistry, language. It is because your 'god' is an idol.

Good one.

Coldstream,
I have always maintained that Christianity bares little resemblance to the teachings of Jesus. It is based more on the writings of Paul, who had no first hand knowledge of Jesus or his teaching, and, as far as I'm concerned, did not understand the message at all. That is why I prefer to call the religion Paulianity (nice sounding double entendre) because of its simplistic pollyannish view of life and spiritual principles.
If the inquisition and witch hunts were not carried out by "Christians", what would you say the Catholic church was at the time? Just because laymen may have pulled the trigger at the church's behest, doesn't let the church off the hook. Or are you reading the church's white washed version of events?

As i've stated before Paul received his revelation on the Road to Damascus directly from Christ. He was on this road after having overseen the execution of Stephen, the first Christian martyr, with the intent of further persecution of the Christian community in Damascus. Christ's words to Paul, when he was flung from his mount by a blinding light were.. "Saul, Saul... why do you persecute me".

Paul is the key moral organizer of Christianity, there would be no Church of Christ without Paul, or Peter.

And through the centuries visionaries and mystics have sensed the presence of Evil in the human manifestation of Church of Christ, which conforms to the His Mystical Body, imperfectly at best, and corruptly at worst.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Your 'science' has in fact devolved into a cult of superstition, that has nothing to do with science. It is based on credulity, and actuated by political agendas. Neither Anthropogenic Global Warming or 'Genetic' Homosexuality have any basis in science or scientific method, they are simply orthodoxies that have applied themselves to a Pseudo Scientific Cult.

If this 'god' of science is so reliable, why is everything falling apart... culturally, economically, aesthetically, morally. Why do we see such a marked deterioration in human communication.. manners, artistry, language. It is because your 'god' is an idol.

As i've stated before Paul received his revelation on the Road to Damascus directly from Christ. He was on this road after having overseen the execution of Stephen, the first Christian martyr, with the intent of further persecution of the Christian community in Damascus. Christ's word's to Paul, when he was flung from his mount by a blinding light was.. "Saul, Saul... why do you persecute me".

Paul is the key moral organizer of Christianity, there would be no Church of Christ without Paul, or Peter.

And through the centuries visionaries and mystics have sensed the presence of Evil in the human manifestation of Church of Christ, which conforms to the His Mystical Body, imperfectly at best, and in corruption at worst.
Everything about religion, in general, and the teachings of Paul and the church in particular, are based in superstition. There is no proof of Jesus ever having existed or that there is a god, so you tell me, what is different from your assertion that Paul was directed by Jesus? Everything about the church and Christianity has all the credibility of any urban myth.

And all your rantings about homosexuality have the same ring as your claims about the "science" of genetic homosexuality. Your beliefs are nothing more than superstition and it has been proven that Christianity has been borrowed from paganism. Christianity and the bible are the ultimate examples of multiculturalism.