Cfl 2019

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
With a minute fifty-one left in the first half, my Riders are in the drivers seat leading 25 - zip. Cody picked right up where he left off last week throwing completion for completion including an absolute beauty of 94 yards. The game has been called due to a nasty weather system moving over the field. Length of delay is totally dependent on the weather. Oh, they are playing the TO Argos........so I am not over the moon but happily satisfied just the same.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Happy lead but it looks like potential for a flash flood. Yippee!

I love the Prarie Thunderstorms.

Enjoy whatever they play instead during the blackout. I won't see it.

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=XBE

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Happy lead but it looks like potential for a flash flood. Yippee!

I love the Prarie Thunderstorms.

Enjoy whatever they play instead during the blackout. I won't see it.

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=XBE

Word is that the delay could be as long as an hour. Skies are black and there are several lightning strikes. I imagine some fans will be well oiled by the time the game gets underway again. And the panel is hamming it up with a group of Sask fans.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The worst of hit hit the south end of the city.

Back on and it's became a violent game.

Sweet!

Sweet it is, pete. We're gonna win our home opener. I am SO impressed with Cody - he's close to 400 passing yards in this game - and that, my dear is very impressive. Still scratching my head about some of McAdoos play calling but Cody seems to be able to overcome that and make something out of nothing. I saw some improvement in the defense this and those two interceptions were great reminders of last year. ST also looked better this week.
So with 7:42 left in the game and our Riders ahead 32 to 7, I'll congratulate our guys for a game well played and managed and, kudos to Dickenson.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Cody: 434 yards, 24 completions and 3 TDs - no interceptions. Were I Dickenson I'd keep Zach on the injured list for awhile.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Beautiful! We found our QB.

Bye Zach, it's been a slice. Nah, I take that back. It's been a whole loaf and you did your best.

Can't wait for Arsenault, Eliminiem and Labatt back in play.

Hughes will be the sack king this year.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So, how does that not fit in with a stadium full of people wearing hollowed-out watermelon halves on their heads?

Go Riders!

I don't think water-melon helmets - like mine or the real deal are psychotic, Tec. Silly, funny and laughable sure. This new Gainer though - he's just plain weird and those glowing green eyes are just creepy - but then that's just me. I did sign the petition today to bring back the real Gainer.

Meanwhile it looks like the Montreal Alouettes are all but set to win their first game of the season and at home to boot. William Stanback was the hero of the day rushing for 203 yards, 249 from the line of scrimmage and 3 TDs. He was something to see.

With just over a minute left in the final Q, the Al's lead by 7 points. The Cats try for the onside kick but the ball goes out of bounds and it's the Als ball with exactly 1:00 left. Al's forced to kick with :53 left. Cat's Frey is tagged with CTK and it's the Als ball till the final whistle blows. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Montreal! Well done.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The watermelon goes beyond being green and helmet shaped.

Taylor Field was the only dry stadium in the league.

This mean't smuggling in your own libations and a vodka infused watermelon was/is excellent as a means to do so.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
RBs just fought their way back into this game late in the 3rd Q with a beauty fumble recovery that resulted in their first TD. Narrowed the Bombers lead to a 2-pt converted TD.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Should mention that Matt Nicols was taken to the dressing room earlier in the Q after he was hit hard rushing for a successful 1rst D. Steveler has taken over the controls.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Holly's havin' a real bad day - he dropped a costly one earlier. He just followed that up with a fumble that the Bombers recovered. Bombers look to be back in the drivers seat............baring any TOs of their own.

29 - 14 Bombers with just over 8 minutes left in the game.