Cfl 2019

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
2nd Q with just over 9 minutes left on the clock, the Redblacks lead 25 - 10. Dominique Davis is rocking the field tonight and his receivers are slouches either. Sheesh.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well pinch me, Momma..........we just got another TD with 6:57 left in the Q. We go for the convert and cut the RBs lead to 11. Still have a hill to climb but nice to see us fighting back. Cody looked good on that TD and Moore is a monster.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's not that our D isn't providing good coverage - it's that Dominique is that good. Dead on target- throw after throw.

RBs Lewis Ward entered the history books with his 53rd consecutive FG.

Rock on Riders! In the dieing seconds of the half, the Riders find the end zone in 2 plays! TD and convert and the RB lead is cut to 7 points going into the half.

End of 1rst half: Redblacks 31 - Riders 24

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
On the second play of the 3rd Q, Powell fumbles the ball and the RBs recover the ball and take a 10-point lead after Ward puts a 30-yarder through the uprights.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Riders stopped short of the end zone on their next drive but Brett adds another 3 points to bring the lead back to 7 points.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The hill just got a bit steeper........a FG by Ward and a conceded single by the Riders gives the RBs an 11 point advantage late in the 3rd

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
With 1:11 left on the clock in the 4th, the Redblacks look assured of victory. Congratulations Redblacks.

We lost another one but I have to say that I'm impressed with Cody. If he'd had a solid D behind him and special teams that didn't suck so badly, the score might have been different. I may start calling Cody '3rd and 3'. We did manage to score another TD and a 2-point convert with less than a minute on the clock.

Both QBs threw for over 300 yards tonight. Not bad for a couple of starters.

Final Score: 44 - 41 for the Ottawa Redblacks

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I checked the stats today. The Riders were actually slightly ahead of the RBs in all the major categories, except of course final score.

You came back strong from a shaky start, and I'm really glad you didn't get one more possession.

Obviously, I'm thrilled for my Redblacks, but plenty of respect to the Riders. Bumpy start, but they're the real deal.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Having a good leg is great but being consistent elevates the kick to another level. Lewis is amazing.
It's familiar to me. The Ravens have Justin Tucker, the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL.

As you say, when you've got a truly elite kicker, the field goal goes from a consolation prize to an important element of game strategy.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I checked the stats today. The Riders were actually slightly ahead of the RBs in all the major categories, except of course final score.

You came back strong from a shaky start, and I'm really glad you didn't get one more possession.

Obviously, I'm thrilled for my Redblacks, but plenty of respect to the Riders. Bumpy start, but they're the real deal.

I found myself hoping that Zach stays out for awhile after watching Cody. The guy has steel gonads - those 3 and long completions were simply awesome. The kid really could be the real deal for us and I surely hope that Dickenson agrees and he starts in our next game.

After listening to a lot of post-game talk, I came to understand that part of the STs problem was that John Ryan over-kicked the guys. Because he is able to kick the ball so far, the STs have trouble getting downfield in time to stop a good return. Makes sense to me. That said, the STs still suck as once they had their target - far to often, they just let him slip through their fingers. Pitiful that.

The defense was hot and cold. We were spoiled last year and I guess it was too much to expect that it would just smoothly transition into this season. Still, it is early days and Shivers knows his stuff.

Dominique was one of my hopeful picks for a new Rider QB during the off season. That was just an amazing display of dexterity, flawless timing and pin-point accuracy he put on last night, Tec. Hard to defend against someone that good whose receivers are just as adept. The RBs are in capable hands.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Reilly's return to Edmonton tonight is not boding well for the home-team so far. The Lions lead 11 - 3 as the 2nd Q gets underway. The Esks are taking some really stupid selfish penalties - 2 RTP so far.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Esks offense came alive midway through the 2n Q. They cut the Lions lead to 4 points after a converted TD. In the ensuing possession by the Lions a fumbled ball ended up in the Esks hands. They are now in the red zone will at worst come away with another 3 points. They got TD with :06 left on the clock.

The Esks go into the half with a 3 point lead.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Wow.............I didn't think he had the leg but Castillo surprised me when he connected on a 50-yarder to tie the game about midway through the 3rd.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
While the Esks have cleaned up their act, the Lions are now beating themselves with penalties. Meanwhile, the Esks are sticking to business and have a comfortable 34 - 23 lead early in the final Q.