Cfl 2019

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Just over 8 minutes to go in the 4th and the Esks now have a commanding 36 - 24 lead over the Lions who can't seem to put any type of drive together that the Esks aren't ready to defend and do so well. Harris' offense has ruled the second half of this game but Lions were their own worst enemies with the number of penalties they took. In addition, their offense was all but absent from the field for the second half and the defense was porous. All in all, a really well played game by Edmonton.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Reilly's gonna get killed on this team. If I was him I'd genuinely fear for my life.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Reilly's gonna get killed on this team. If I was him I'd genuinely fear for my life.

After being sacked 7 times last night, I'd say that you have a great point, Kreskin. Where is his protection? Mind you, I can remember thinking the same thing when he was with the Esks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did somebody put cat nip in the Argos" pants?

The TiCats are beating the shit out of them like toy mice.

55-6 with 7 torturous minutes remaining.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Did somebody put cat nip in the Argos" pants?

The TiCats are beating the shit out of them like toy mice.

55-6 with 7 torturous minutes remaining.

Worked today so I missed most of the game. Got home in time to see those final 7 torturous minutes you mentioned - funny that.

64 to 14 was the final score. And this on the day they said goodbye to Rickie Ray who they surely wish was healthy enough to take back the QB reigns.

Congratulations Rickie. You gave us CFL fans some of the best highlight reel moments in our league. All the best in the days and years to come. May we hope to see you on the sidelines coaching someday?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ricky Ray looked like he wanted beat all 500 fans who showed up.
Well he always was one for the 'poker face', Pete. One of his characteristics I will always remember was his almost robotic form of QBing. Nothing seemed to faze him. Stalwart in the pocket or snowed under by the opposition, he always remained calm, cool and collected. Not for him were the over-the-top displays of temper such as we've seen from the likes of Boo Mitchell when thwarted in his attempts at a completion. I was ashamed for the small turn-out by Argo fans but it appears to mirror that of other team support these days. I hope to see Sask fans turns this dismal display of loyalty around when Mosaic is packed to the rafters for our first home game.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I really want to go to the Christmas game on July 6 but am busy all day and it's sold out and I'm not paying stub hub prices.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Bombers lead 14 - 12 going into the second half. Esks would have more points on the board had they not committed so many very costly penalties including RTPs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Alouettes are in Hamilton this afternoon to take on the Ti-Cats. Game time 5PM PST on TSN 1 and 2/098 and 099 on HD.

Go Cats!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So far, BC has gained all of their 22 points off Stump penalties. :lol: They currently lead Calgary by 21 points late in the first half. Mike is being given much better protection in this game - finally, and as a result has over a 90% completion rate in the game so far. BC's defense is playing havoc with the Stumps O and have one sack on Boo to date. He's also come very very close to throwing two interceptions due to the great coverage by the Lions.

Stumps put 10 on the board with just over 2 minutes left in the half to narrow BC's lead to 11 points.

Gotta give BC credit, they've looked really good in this first half. Both on defense and offense and their STs have contributed too.

With :51 seconds on the clock, the Lions enter the red zone with a 1rst D. :44 Duron gets them another 9 yards and the D on the next play. :17 TO for BC - 1rst and goal..........Mike misses his target in the end zone.......:11 and the Stumps stop them at the goal line. 3rd D and the Stumps come up with a big goal line stance and deny the Lions a TD.

End of 1rst half: BC 22 - Calgary 10

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
After watching the Lions in this game, I could become a believer. They really took the Stumps to task in this game. They had a good rushing game combined with a solid completion record from Mike and a defense that denied Calgary 1rst Ds, play after play. They rattled Boo every chance they got and their man-to-man coverage was solid as well. Regardless of the outcome, the Lions are a much improved team from that of last year's.

With just over 2 minutes left in the final Q, BC leads by 11 points. Calgary has the ball at the BC 40. And Boo is flattened - second sack of the game by BC!!!! Of course, Boo comes right back with a big completion to the BC 15. The Stumps manage to punch through on their 3rd attempt. And darn it if they aren't good on the 2- point convert to narrow BC's lead to 3 points with 1:20 on the clock.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Onside kick and the Stumps recover the ball around BC's 50. :31 and the Stumps take the lead after a converted TD - and with Boo on the bench after injuring his elbow or shoulder or something.

BC gets the ball back with :25 remaining. Incomp to Duron............:17 Mike gets sacked, loses control of the ball and the Stumps recover.

Final: Stumps 36 Lions 32

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ever go hunting? Ever feel like you are being stalked?? You should because I am going to pay special attention to you for a wittle while.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Onside kick and the Stumps recover the ball around BC's 50. :31 and the Stumps take the lead after a converted TD - and with Boo on the bench after injuring his elbow or shoulder or something.
BC gets the ball back with :25 remaining. Incomp to Duron............:17 Mike gets sacked, loses control of the ball and the Stumps recover.
Final: Stumps 36 Lions 32
What a come back.

Mrs was "saying 0-3 in the bag" at 2:21 in the 4th. I said "no way I bet CGY can score a TD then short kick and score again. 2 minutes is ages". 61 seconds of play later I got hit by a pillow.