Cfl 2019

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
38-25 for the Green and White!

Poor Riley. He took a pounding and not just from being sacked 3 times by Hughes.

For a QB known for his rushing ability, he sure is taking a beating Pete. He's not going to last the season if he doesn't start getting some real protection. Same thing happened in his last year with the Esks - took a beating and got very little protection. Considering what the Lions put out to get him, you'd think they'd take better care. He should have been pulled when it was clear that the Riders had the game outta sight.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ditto

Things are looking good.

A storm must have blown through Sask in the latter stages of the game, we lost reception here several times - missed Cody's final TD - damn it. Skies are clear and sunny here for the first time in weeks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A storm must have blown through Sask in the latter stages of the game, we lost reception here several times - missed Cody's final TD - damn it. Skies are clear and sunny here for the first time in weeks.
Nope. Nice and calm here. Not even a breeze today. Chilly but storm free.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nope. Nice and calm here. Not even a breeze today. Chilly but storm free.

Interesting - clear skies here and there but still a lot of interference somewhere. Was just on the Riders fan site and one of the comments about Reilly was that he was earning his big salary in danger pay. True that.

Happy as I am that we won, Pete - it was against yet another lower level team. I'll be much more comfortable when we beat a team in the upper standings. After watching the Bombers the past few weeks, I gotta say they sure look Grey Cup bound. Still, its early in the season and if our coaches can get their collective heads together - learn the rule book (that ineligible receiver penalty was ALL on them) and McAdoo can design plays that make the best of Cody's abilities; Shivers can get the D working like they did last year and the STs keep improving - we have a chance. My biggest fear for Zach and the team is that he'll be put back in the QB slot. After taking so many concussions he should just hang up his cleats, IMHO.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Interesting - clear skies here and there but still a lot of interference somewhere. Was just on the Riders fan site and one of the comments about Reilly was that he was earning his big salary in danger pay. True that.
Happy as I am that we won, Pete - it was against yet another lower level team. I'll be much more comfortable when we beat a team in the upper standings. After watching the Bombers the past few weeks, I gotta say they sure look Grey Cup bound. Still, its early in the season and if our coaches can get their collective heads together - learn the rule book (that ineligible receiver penalty was ALL on them) and McAdoo can design plays that make the best of Cody's abilities; Shivers can get the D working like they did last year and the STs keep improving - we have a chance. My biggest fear for Zach and the team is that he'll be put back in the QB slot. After taking so many concussions he should just hang up his cleats, IMHO.
Yup the Hoovers do look great.

The first 18 games are one thing but if you can't make it past the first play off game the first 18 were moot. Winnipeg tops the charts for blowing it in the semi final.

You only need to win 3 games to win the Grey Cup

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yup the Hoovers do look great.

The first 18 games are one thing but if you can't make it past the first play off game the first 18 were moot. Winnipeg tops the charts for blowing it in the semi final.

You only need to win 3 games to win the Grey Cup

True that. A team can also top their division during the entire regular season and flat fall on their faces in the Grey Cup - we need not look no further than the Stumps as proof of that fact. Bwahahaha.

I too was really happy to see the 'dirty birds' win another game - nice to see another Eastern team picking up their game. I am looking forward to my little Tonio coming back though. Adams is doing well to keep the team competitive but Pipkin deserves to start again - just hoping the time off hasn't taken any of his athleticism away.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Adams is a QB and running back all in one. Another the Riders sat on.

What happened to Jon Jennings? WTF did Wally do to his soul? 5000yds in 2017 and now struggling. I still say we could have brought that out of him again with Zach. I figured for sure he'd come with Manny, Sol and Purifoy.

You could tell there were axes to grind for those 3 last night.

Only 12 games to go and it looks like there is good parity in the league and it's still anyone's season, even the Portholes.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Adams is a QB and running back all in one. Another the Riders sat on.

What happened to Jon Jennings? WTF did Wally do to his soul? 5000yds in 2017 and now struggling. I still say we could have brought that out of him again with Zach. I figured for sure he'd come with Manny, Sol and Purifoy.

You could tell there were axes to grind for those 3 last night.

Only 12 games to go and it looks like there is good parity in the league and it's still anyone's season, even the Portholes.

Not taking anything away from Vernon, Pete - just saying that Antonio was named the starter and unlike Zach who has a concussion history, he should be given the reins again when taken off the injury list. BTW, he's got good running ability too.

Not sure what's up with the Lions - bringing in a star QB like Mike was not going to solve all their problems and obviously they have a lot of them. So glad Guano is gone but not sure if this new guy with the weird hat angle is up to the job either though time will tell. Better protection for Mike should be number one on their list as he obviously has the will and ability to deliver when given the chance.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
31-1?

31-1?!?!?!

Well, I didn't see the game, but clearly the offense sucked, the defense failed, the special teams blew goats, and the waterboy tripped over the bench.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
31-1?

31-1?!?!?!

Well, I didn't see the game, but clearly the offense sucked, the defense failed, the special teams blew goats, and the waterboy tripped over the bench.
It wasn't so much that the RBs sucked, Tec - it's just that the Bombers are that good this year. As good as their offense is under Nicols, their defence is not allowing other teams many chances at all. Hopefully, the RBs will rebound when Davis finally comes off the injured list as Jennings sure hasn't been able to spark them.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well hell, we lost Jeremiah in the 1rst Q after the Cats racked up two TDs. He's out for the game with a knee injury and on the sidelines to help with the play calling. Evans is in but hasn't settled in yet. Cats lead 14 - 9 in the latter part of the 2nd Q. Matt's thrown 2 interceptions so far and this after having only thrown one in the last 7 games. Bombers look off at time tonight.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Matt Nicols threw his 3rd interception of the game late in the 3rd Q giving the Cats the ball going into the 4th - they currently lead 20 - 12. Go Cats!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Final: 23 - 15 for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Yippee!!!! The Bombers were guilty of six TOs in the game.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Didn't get to see the game as I am house-sitting and the folks here don't have a TV. Just checked TSN and my Riders did it again but in even better fashion as they trashed the pussy-cats in their own barn 45 - 18. If William Powell wasn't the Player of the Game he most certainly should have been as he had 21 carrys for 146 yards and 3 TDs. Well done Riders!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Didn't get to see the game as I am house-sitting and the folks here don't have a TV. Just checked TSN and my Riders did it again but in even better fashion as they trashed the pussy-cats in their own barn 45 - 18. If William Powell wasn't the Player of the Game he most certainly should have been as he had 21 carrys for 146 yards and 3 TDs. Well done Riders!

They looked good. That's all I'll say until you've watched on PVR