Cfl 2017

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
As it should be.

Yeah, pete..............but Smilin Hank deserves a lot approbation for taking the RBs to the Cup two years straight and winning it the second time around. I was never a big fan of his but sure give him credit for the record he accrued during his time in the CFL.

Whoa............so it was personal feelings that saw DD traded - I just heard him say that in an interview with TSN - so much for putting talent and ability above all else. Just goes to show me how shallow Jones really is.

Well..........that was a forgettable 1rst Q for both teams.

Okay............so I would have conceded the two points there instead of setting the Als' up in Rider territory

Horse-collar tackle - 15 yard gift to the Al's

Though on the replay.........that was kind of borderline in my books

DD's proving he still has the arm and the accuracy for the long ball

That Bede guy has a bad habit of trapping teams in their own red zone. :lol:

Great catch Holley!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah, pete..............but Smilin Hank deserves a lot approbation for taking the RBs to the Cup two years straight and winning it the second time around. I was never a big fan of his but sure give him credit for the record he accrued during his time in the CFL.

Whoa............so it was personal feelings that saw DD traded - I just heard him say that in an interview with TSN - so much for putting talent and ability above all else. Just goes to show me how shallow Jones really is.

Well..........that was a forgettable 1rst Q for both teams.

Okay............so I would have conceded the two points there instead of setting the Als' up in Rider territory

Horse-collar tackle - 15 yard gift to the Al's

Though on the replay.........that was kind of borderline in my books

DD's proving he still has the arm and the accuracy for the long ball

That Bede guy has a bad habit of trapping teams in their own red zone. :lol:

I never did like Burris as a person but he was a good QB.

Yup. Jones is a prick who players don't like to play for.

Hey MO, Check these out and only $2.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32692660606.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.fOU9T2#autostay

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

As I recall Kent Austin was hard to work for too, pete but he helped us win a Cup so maybe there is hope for our Riders in spite of the animosity.

Hey MO, Check these out and only $2.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32692660606.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.fOU9T2#autostay

Whoa.........I'm gonna get me one of those, pete. They are beautiful. Thank you!

Well that pass brought tears to my eyes for several reasons.

Montreal on the board with the first TD of the game after a beautiful post-team route that saw Cunnigham secure a 50+ yard pass from DD and take it into the end zone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As I recall Kent Austin was hard to work for too, pete but he helped us win a Cup so maybe there is hope for our Riders in spite of the animosity.

Whoa.........I'm gonna get me one of those, pete. They are beautiful. Thank you!

I guess that's why he only coached for one season.

Shelly ordered them too.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Great second effort by Demski on that play and he follows that with another first down for the Riders

The Riders are moving the ball..........Good on Kev for getting us that down....moves us to the Al's 22.......I like how he's using different receivers .........this is the best drive I've seen all season........ah shit.............Kev got hammered on that play.......but he's up and playing........TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIDERS..........oh but wait............Grant may have not had control of the ball...........the play is under review

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! The ruling on the field stands and the Riders are on the board!

Without a doubt that was the best drive of the entire season so far.......now they just have to do that every single time they have the ball.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Okay............so Demski is most definitely a keeper

Crappy puts another 3 on the board for Sask to give us 10 - 7 lead as we are about to go to half-time. Good second Q for our guys, pete.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Another major foul against Sask..........thankfully it has no effect on the game as the Al's take a knee and the first half comes to an end.

When my Mum was still with us, she sent me copy of the The Rider Book of Lists. It was published in 2010 so some stats are out of date. Regardless, it is a wonderful source of Rider trivia. The reason I mention this is that I was just reading about Gainer - the Rider mascot and found out that he was one of 38 children born to Dwayne and Agnes Gopher. For those of you wondering about his name - it is an anagram of Regina. The Calgary Stampeders famously tried to ban him from one of their games knowing how he would rouse the many Sask fans in the stands. They had to back down after a huge and very public backlash but he was only to be allowed in the stands. Gainer stayed home and the Stamps lost the game 30 - 21.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Dunigan, Stiegle and Sutter were right, that was a fumble.

Another major foul against Sask..........thankfully it has no effect on the game as the Al's take a knee and the first half comes to an end.

When my Mum was still with us, she sent me copy of the The Rider Book of Lists. It was published in 2010 so some stats are out of date. Regardless, it is a wonderful source of Rider trivia. The reason I mention this is that I was just reading about Gainer - the Rider mascot and found out that he was one of 38 children born to Dwayne and Agnes Gopher. For those of you wondering about his name - it is an anagram of Regina. The Calgary Stampeders famously tried to ban him from one of their games knowing how he would rouse the many Sask fans in the stands. They had to back down after a huge and very public backlash but he was only to be allowed in the stands. Gainer stayed home and the Stamps lost the game 30 - 21.

Gainer is from Parkbeg.

Those paintings we had done were amazing.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Crappy splits the uprights from 41 yards out and Sask puts another 3 on the board. Decent drive by the Riders - positive yards on the ground and in the air. Kev's last pass for the down was a tad short, IMHO.

Tag on another 15 yards on for the Al's play after an unnecessary roughness call on Sask - 33 yard pu for the Als with the penalty

TD Montreal

Al's one point ahead with the convert.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nice defensive play there by Johnson to prevent the down

Marshall keeps that up and he'll be a keeper too

Jones is challenging illegal conduct on Carter but they still have a 10-yarder against them, so if he wins they will wipe each other out. Good challenge by Jones.

10 for 88 and 6 for 45 - Sask vs Montreal penalties so far

Holley hurt on that last play after getting a 1rst down

Looks like he will be okay though

And the first TO of the game goes to.........................the Riders after Marshall pops up the ball

Possible fumble recovery by the Riders under review.................and the Riders win that one.....it's our ball!

Oh dear.............Kev throws his first - and hopefully last - interception of the game and the Al's get the ball right back

Didn't like hearing Sutter say that there was some dissension among the players on the sidelines - they better get that under control fast.

Pretty darn cool outfits those Montreal cheerleaders are wearing.

Montreal unable to maintain the advance and after a nice return on the punt by Carter, we will take possession around midfield.

Roosevelt gets us to the Al's 35.........Roosevelt with another 1rst D...........Carter misses on the next pass..........flag on the next play as Montreal is tagged for 10 and we get the 1rst D...........uh Bridge is suddenly in pivot......runs for a couple, then misses his receiver on the next pass and that we are tagged with a penalty bringing up 3rd D..........Crappy is good from 18 yards out and we are up by 2 on the board.

Okay pete.............why was Bridge put in there?

Two outstanding passes by DD.........he fought hard to make that first one

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oh what a great aggressive call by Montreal on the 3 and a yard...........and Sask just gifted them another

Great defensive play by Johnson and a missed pass by the Al's limits them to a FG attempt ........Bede is good and the Al's go ahead by 1 with the clock counting down in the final Q