Cfl 2017

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yes because giving a 4th place team a bye into a conference final makes so much sense.

Giving inferior teams a bye does?

Actually, get rid of divisions.

Calgary and Winnipeg have byes.

Ottawa @ Edmonton for one final
Toronto @ Saskatchewan for other.

Lowest survivor plays Calgary. Highest plays Winnipeg.

This is how the CFL playoffs should have played out.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Giving inferior teams a bye does?

Actually, yes. Even more sense (if you're going to the idiotic crossover formula) is to have the 2nd place team crossover and get the bye.

All irrelevant anyway as Saskatistan was shown to be the inferior team and we have an east/west Grey cup as we should

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
CFL was way more interesting than the NFL this weekend. Every NFL game was a blow out.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Well, I am back at a computer. I think at some point I will be warm again. The game was damn cold and then some. I had dressed for the temperature (+3) but I did not factor in the wind which was right in our faces. Fortunately, I had a BMO mastercard so I got free hand warmers. But I was still cold ... almost as cold as the Roughrider offense. I don't understand why they pulled Glenn when they did and I don't understand why they put him back in. Before they pulled him the offense had been moving but had stalled a couple of drives (and the pick 6). He was horrible when they put him back in.

The Roughrider defense was pretty good for most of the game. They got over-exeuberant on one drive (well the first was actually the offense turned defence after an INT). The only time they played poorly was on the last drive.

Our punter and kickoff guy is poor. We need an improvement. At first I thought it was that he was against the wind but he sucked with the wind too.

One thing I don't understand. Riders win the toss. They defer to second half. They kick off first half. But then in second half they kick off again. Why?

Anyway entertaining game. I enjoyed the experience. Argos fans were gracious AFTER they had won. Didn't rub it in. My son and his friend on the other hand did.

Also, Argo offensive line gets lots of credit. I think there may have only been 1 or 2 sacks of Ray all game.
I suppose they wanted the wind
behind their backs in the 4th.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Jeepers - where is all the discussion of the Grey Cup?

C'on guys, let's have some chatter about the exciting match as Toronto > Calgary 27-24

Last minute interception sealed the win. Very exciting 109 yard fumble recovery led to TD which ultimately enabled the win just when it seemed Calgary had the victory in their grips.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
jeepers - where is all the discussion of the grey cup?

C'on guys, let's have some chatter about the exciting match as toronto > calgary 27-24

last minute interception sealed the win. Very exciting 109 yard fumble recovery led to td which ultimately enabled the win just when it seemed calgary had the victory in their grips.

Arrrgos!

Gonna be a lotta long faces in Mootown, Tonite!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Argonauts scored on game changing Bo Levi interception and held Calgary off with yet another turnover on Bo Levi on a risky third down interception when they could have tied.