Canadian (and American for that matter) are the most aggressive drivers!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear, call me narrowminded, if you want.
Let me make this perfectly clear, I don't want to call you narrow minded. Do I think you're a little closed off? Yes, but I can and will respect your point of view on the matter at hand. I say that because I believe you escaped a regime similar to one that runs Cuba, and I can only imagine what it's like to live in that kind of place. So no YJ, I don't and won't call you narrow minded.

The fact that until I was seventeen years old I lived in slave society, much like Cuba today, taught me that no matter how lovely the beaches are, no matter how beautiful the country and the people are, moral beauty always far surpasses physical beauty.
YJ, you express a depth I was unaware you had.
By going to vacation in Cuba you give your tacit approval to tyrants who would not think twice about locking you up, torture you and even kill you if you had the nerve to say that Fidel's beard needs trimming. Go there and you say that mass murderer like Che is a hero. Sure, go there and give legitimacy to the regime that gives not a penny (or peso) of your generous tips (?) to the ones who earned it. You know the people who board dangerous dinghies, rubber tubes, planks and kids' balloons to float to freedom.
LIke I said YJ, I have a limited conscience. Even when it says things like "Don't do that", I rarely listen. I'm just nasty like that. But I fully grasp where you're coming from, and I respect that point of view. Not to mention, I can even agree.
I am sad to see that you admit that the number of innocent political prisoners in Cuba is no concern of yours. Also, sad, that you don't care. That attitude can lead atrocities. (You know: first they came to get.....).
You're right YJ. But my life isn't being laid out for me at the moment, thus everyone and thing will take a back seat, until I get my sh!t squared away. Even back then when I did visit Cuba, I was young and gave no thought to such political issues. But you're right.

I am glad you saved a few lousy bucks. If you pledged those bucks to - let's say - Amnesty International or some others organization that is dedicated to free the people of Communist Cuba, disregard the above.
I didn't pick Cuba to save a buck, I paid through the teeth for an all inclusive package, then I filled my suit cases with jeans and candy. SCB and I had a vacation fit for a King and Queen.

And YJ, I will never give funds to AI. Not even if it would save my life.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
CDNBear, I only wish that SirJosephPorter could have been even a smidgen like you!

I appreciate your candor and honesty.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear, I only wish that SirJosephPorter could have been even a smidgen like you!
Oddly enough, I was just railed by two of his acolytes not to long ago, because I'm just a terrible human being. Go figure. lol...

I appreciate your candor and honesty.
Thank you sir. I know we won't always see eye to eye, and I will from time to time be a complete dick. But don't take that as a sign that I don't have a great amount of respect for what it took to leave the land that bore you life, to cross the globe and begin a new.

My hats off to you. I may be brave and capable of many things, but I haven't the stones to do what you have done. And to do it well, survive and make something for and of yourself? You sir, embody the good that is the Canadian spirit.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Once again, CDNBear, thank you!

There are many others, however, whose best advise for me is to back to where the Hell I came from, each time I dare to form an opinion opposed to theirs.

May I be bold enough to claim that you (and ever so immodestly, I) are better Canadians than these pseudo-patriots who know who they are and therefore shall remain nameless.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Once again, CDNBear, thank you!

There are many others, however, whose best advise for me is to back to where the Hell I came from, each time I dare to form an opinion opposed to theirs.

May I be bold enough to claim that you (and ever so immodestly, I) are better Canadians than these pseudo-patriots who know who they are and therefore shall remain nameless.
Those aren't patriots YJ, those are nationalists. But sometime, people will say things in frustration, that they don't truly believe. You and I both know that.

So I ask, that you don't hold those transgressions against them.

And thank you.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Those aren't patriots YJ, those are nationalists. But sometime, people will say things in frustration, that they don't truly believe. You and I both know that.

So I ask, that you don't hold those transgressions against them.

And thank you.

Cuba to me was nothing at all like the American Media tries to make people believe it is.

it was nice, clean air, people were out doing their thing, living their lives.

the kids went to school the adults for the most part had jobs (no idea who didn't..) they did their thing.

just because they don't have modern homes and modern Cars and new fancy TV's and Stereo's and the modern conveniences that many of us take for granted daily.. does not mean that they're worse off than us.

not every country out there in the world needs to be exact duplicates of the USA or Canada. with all the greatest gadgets and technologies.. and the riches of having it all.

Cuba has gotten through the last 52 years just fine! even if they don't necessarily have what we have.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm not sure why you chose that post of mine to quote, for the post below has little, if not "nothing" to do with my post.
Cuba to me was nothing at all like the American Media tries to make people believe it is.
Cool. If I show you around specific parts of a specific res, will that help you figure out all reservations are in top order?

the kids went to school the adults for the most part had jobs (no idea who didn't..) they did their thing.
Ya, I can't say I've ever heard anything to the contrary on that.

just because they don't have modern homes and modern Cars and new fancy TV's and Stereo's and the modern conveniences that many of us take for granted daily.. does not mean that they're worse off than us.
I agree. But I like being able to say "Harper is a big fat ninny!!!" Without some form of dread filling my stomach.

not every country out there in the world needs to be exact duplicates of the USA or Canada. with all the greatest gadgets and technologies.. and the riches of having it all.
Ya, I've only said that about a hundred times myself. Starting with installing democracy in countries.

Cuba has gotten through the last 52 years just fine! even if they don't necessarily have what we have.
As YJ pointed out, political prisoners would likely disagree with your version of "Just fine". As would I.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If thee's a place worse than Montreal,I'm not going there.
Now that's funny!!!

Don't forget though, Cuba is a communist dictatorship, while Montreal is a Draconian Banana republic, or that's what they want anyways.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Then what were you whinning about the US Embargo for?

Cuba's fine...the USA is fine...

The embargo stays as is!

Why wreck what works eh?

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey

i don't believe American Media, either-especially for Cuba.
Cuba does well enough to save himself from being a swamp of USA.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
i don't believe American Media, either-especially for Cuba.
Cuba does well enough to save himself from being a swamp of USA.

While almost every child aspires to be the best baseball player they can. So they can play in the Major's, in the US of course. While Mom and Dad plan the big swim through dangerous seas to escape Cuba and breath free in the US.

Pssst, don't be alarmed selin, but your bias is showing.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
no bias, really.

Cuba is only what it is because of the United States. Don't think for one moment that anyone else guaranteed their independence. There are more than enough so called Cuban Freedom fighters here in Florida (New York, New Jersey etc.) that could retake their homeland back with a little help from some airpower. But a promise is a promise.

Cuba is a beautiful place, especially where tourists and their well to do live and hang out, in other places it is as bad as Haiti. When the U.S. allows tourists again, the Cuban economy will boom again. That is reality.

We are to good drivers.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
A year ago my wife and I vacationed in Italy and toured the country by car. This is what I noticed:
1. Speed limits are mere suggestions.
2. Tale-gating to save fuel is the norm.
3. Stop signs are optional.
4. Signaling one's intentions is purely an afterthought.
5. At uncontrolled intersections the bravest driver has the right of way. Ditto for merging into traffic.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
no bias, really.
Ya, I'm sure you refer to many countries as "swamps". But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night...;-)

A year ago my wife and I vacationed in Italy and toured the country by car. This is what I noticed:
1. Speed limits are mere suggestions.
2. Tale-gating to save fuel is the norm.
3. Stop signs are optional.
4. Signaling one's intentions is purely an afterthought.
5. At uncontrolled intersections the bravest driver has the right of way. Ditto for merging into traffic.

You noticed that too, almost as soon as we crossed the border into Italy I thought we were in a formula one race.