Canadian (and American for that matter) are the most aggressive drivers!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Cool, so you can be pushed off your land, so me and my people can take it back now?

Good call, can I have your address so I can have my mail forwarded to my new address?

Have you any idea the absurdity of that notion you just expressed?

When I say property, I mean land, vehicles, buildings, equipment and industries.

All built with the US green back.

I freely admit and understand the virtual rape that was going on in Cuba, by and for American interests. That's what fueled Castro's revolution. But to say so what and then justify theft, you leave yourself open to exposed as a screaming hypocrite.

So I ask again, can you please forward me my new address, I'll pass it on to my moving company, so my furniture arrives before me.

so funny... :roll:

well, I just think that the Americans did it to themselves.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Canadian (and American for that matter) are the most aggressive drivers!"

And you base that on experience in 4 countries? You've never been to Italy, Sydney Au., Mexico, or India.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
so funny... :roll:
Not really, it just shows that you don't think things through yet. On one hand you chastise one group for actions you find abhorrent, and thus justify theft from them. While on the other hand, you live comfortably at the expense of others.

Are you following me here?

well, I just think that the Americans did it to themselves.
I won't disagree, the Americans brought a lot of their woes in South and Central America, upon themselves. But what you're saying, is two wrongs make a right.

That just isn't true.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Personally I think city drivers are the worst for aggressiveness. And it has very little to do with which country.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
"Canadian (and American for that matter) are the most aggressive drivers!"

And you base that on experience in 4 countries? You've never been to Italy, Sydney Au., Mexico, or India.

well, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. comparing the driving within the countries I have visited.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US with their Embargo has really crushed Cuba's ability to bring in anything that the Americans have.

Well that's what happens when you kick someone out of your country... they don't tend to be too interested in your affairs after they get the boot.

luckily some countries have ignored this whole Embargo and helps them out.

Obviously not enough.

but it's not enough because American help would make their country much better than it is now.

Like you said...not enough.

Why should we help? They gave us the boot, nationalized all the businesses. So there you have it.

Ya, don't you remember all those movies that the US used to make in Cuba? and all those movie stars and politicians that used to visit Cuba on a regular basis and would vacation there and some even had a 2nd home there..

Yes indeed. Americans and American businesses invested quite a bit in that country and Castro showed the US the door and seized all the property of not only Americans but Cubans as well. All for the Glorious Revolution.

The Americans didn't like being kicked out! that's why they did all they did, to punish the Cubans for getting kicked out.

You're right, the Americans didn't and a lot of Cubans didn't like it either. So when we got kicked out we left for good. Did you expect us to assist a government that just gave us the boot?

Not really, it just shows that you don't think things through yet. On one hand you chastise one group for actions you find abhorrent, and thus justify theft from them. While on the other hand, you live comfortably at the expense of others.

Are you following me here?

I wonder.

I won't disagree, the Americans brought a lot of their woes in South and Central America, upon themselves. But what you're saying, is two wrongs make a right.

That just isn't true.

Yes indeed. The Baptista Government was as corrupt as they come and the Cuban people were being exploited.

So in the end the Cubans had their Revolution and now they can enjoy. There is no more room to cry and whine about the US ignoring them. It is a US embargo but the rest of the world has every opportunity to help Cuba, the US just chooses not to deal with them... at all.

Let's make it simple...

"Lift your embargo...it's not fair and it hurts us!" - Cuba

"Change your ways. Allow for more freedoms."- USA

"No! Never!"- Cuba

"Then the US Embargo stays in place." - USA

badabing

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I'm in Scandinavia at the moment and the drivers here are agressive as hell. As soon as the walk symbol starts blinking they roar up their engines 8O

So I don't think Canada has the worst drivers in the developed world. Frustration? Possibly, probably because of all the traffic jams and ICBC being a royal pain in the...

But I've been in Asia and not to use any puns or to encourage streotypes I was really quite... well... I made sure to look both ways and dart across the street as I wasn't certain if they'ld stop

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'm in Scandinavia at the moment and the drivers here are agressive as hell. As soon as the walk symbol starts blinking they roar up their engines 8O

So I don't think Canada has the worst drivers in the first world war. Frustration? Possibly, probably because of all the traffic jams and ICBC being a royal pain in the...
First world war? You do know what year this is, Trotz, don't you? ;)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Driving foibles aside, a few questions:

1. Why would anyone in his right mind vacation in Cuba?
2. Did you go there to see how slaves live?
3. Do you have a conscience?
4. Is being cheap the primary reason for your existence?
5. Would you trade being Canadian for being Cuban?
6. What is your opinion of mass murderers Fidel Castro and Che Guarrera?
7. Do you also admire Stalin and Mao?
8. How many innocent political prisoners would prompt you from going to Cuba?
9. Do you even know or want to know what I am talking about?
10. Why so many Cubans risk life and limb to escape from there and none, except for cheap cruds like you want to go there?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta

10. Why so many Cubans risk life and limb to escape from there and none, except for cheap cruds like you want to go there?

hey, why don't you come here and kiss my ass! Yukon Jack!

You have no right to knock me for choosing to go to a country like Cuba.

Cuba is a gourgeous country! lots of amazing beaches, great places to see and look at! lots of historical culture and it's nice there.

no slaves sorry. I was in Havana and we walked and drove around all over and we saw no such thing.

of course I do have a conscious

what a stupid comment! you really have the nerve..

no I still would rather be a Canadian than a Cuban.. but it's because I like where I live.

I think they were wrong in doing all those deadly things to the people but they also wanted to make sure that nobody over threw them.

and of course I don't admire Stalin and Mao. what a dumb thing to ask?!

nothing would stop me from going there, I go there for the tourism and sites, not the political part of it.

because you're obviously brainwashed enough to believe all the bull crap that has been planted in your head from AMERICAN media.

I saw none of what you're talking about when I was there. I stayed with a Cuban family and they were happy..

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
you can't compare Cuba to North America!

that's retarded!

first look at the size of the Country, 2nd.. how many people in Cuba NEED a car?

answer me that one first.

You just compared Canada & the US to Cuba... Hitting the crack pipe early today are ya?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
The farther south you go, the worse the drivers seem to get. (With the exception of New Jersey, they are the worst). :) In Cuba, they have to be careful, still hard to get replacement parts, but that market is opening up.

Seriously drivers in northern Europe drive much safer than those in Southern Europe. Lets not eve mention the whole Mid-East or Africa north of South Africa. Now in most of Asia including S. China the driver will scare the stuffing out of you , but you do get used to it sort of.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Because it's a beautiful country with thousands of beautiful people.
Nope, I went there because it was the place to go. I was actually bored and have no need to go back.
Yes, but I will admit it's pretty limited.
Nope, but if you think I am, could you please PM SCB and tell her that? She says I'm not.
Not for all the money on earth.
Low, and unfitting public discussion. Although I still understand and appreciate the reason they fought.
Nope.
Don't know, was and isn't a concern of mine.
I know, but don't care.
I know that isn't directed at me...lol...

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Do you formulate these opinions while sitting at your all-inclusive resort, sipping drinks and tipping your Cuban waiter a big, shiny Canada nickel?

I actually stayed in Havana with a Cuban family for 2 1/2 days.

we had dinner with them the last night, sat down and talked with them.. really had a good time!

I assure you, this family was happy with their lives and how things are.

then again, you have to realize... they don't know anything else.. they haven't experienced things that we get to do every day!

speak our minds on a blog site (they all probably have no clue what a Blog is anyways) watch every channel available to you for a fee..

they had a small tv, basic and only a small range of channels. . but they're happy with that, they're not complaining about not having more TV channels!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think they were wrong in doing all those deadly things to the people but they also wanted to make sure that nobody over threw them.

Deadly things? You mean killing them right?

Well then I guess you think it was ok providing the means justified the ends.

and of course I don't admire Stalin and Mao. what a dumb thing to ask?!

Considering you support Castro it wasn't so dumb.

I saw none of what you're talking about when I was there. I stayed with a Cuban family and they were happy..

Then what's the big whoop? The embargo goes on and everyone's happy!

I actually stayed in Havana with a Cuban family for 2 1/2 days.

we had dinner with them the last night, sat down and talked with them.. really had a good time!

Any fun Yank bashing?

I assure you, this family was happy with their lives and how things are.

Then Cuba made the right choice then! What's the big deal?

then again, you have to realize... they don't know anything else.. they haven't experienced things that we get to do every day!

Looks like the Castro Regime has a tight lid on things eh?

speak our minds on a blog site (they all probably have no clue what a Blog is anyways) watch every channel available to you for a fee..

Isn't it sad they don't have that opportunity or do you feel that only you are entitled to it?

they had a small tv, basic and only a small range of channels. . but they're happy with that, they're not complaining about not having more TV channels!

Wait till the bottom falls out and they get to watch all the Seinfeld and Sopranos repeats!

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
CDNBear, call me narrowminded, if you want. The fact that until I was seventeen years old I lived in slave society, much like Cuba today, taught me that no matter how lovely the beaches are, no matter how beautiful the country and the people are, moral beauty always far surpasses physical beauty.

By going to vacation in Cuba you give your tacit approval to tyrants who would not think twice about locking you up, torture you and even kill you if you had the nerve to say that Fidel's beard needs trimming. Go there and you say that mass murderer like Che is a hero. Sure, go there and give legitimacy to the regime that gives not a penny (or peso) of your generous tips (?) to the ones who earned it. You know the people who board dangerous dinghies, rubber tubes, planks and kids' balloons to float to freedom.

I am sad to see that you admit that the number of innocent political prisoners in Cuba is no concern of yours. Also, sad, that you don't care. That attitude can lead atrocities. (You know: first they came to get.....).

I am glad you saved a few lousy bucks. If you pledged those bucks to - let's say - Amnesty International or some others organization that is dedicated to free the people of Communist Cuba, disregard the above.