Blacks and crime

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why does it seem that the majority of crime is commited by blacks?

Is it a problem with media and how they report the news or is it a fact that most crime and violence is commited by blacks?

I'm not sure but every itme I turn on the news or read about crime in the paper it seems to be mostly blacks involved.

Am I wrong?

Not in my area. If he got tossed in the slammer there would be no blacks left. But then our crime rate is close to zero anyway. Unless you count grow ops. And the only crime that ever happens there is some cop busting up somebodies mortgage helper.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
The explanation I always bought was this:

If police think that an unproportional amount of crime is committed by blacks, they will spend more time in black neighbourhoods. They are more likely to hear about crimes and be able to catch the criminals in neighbourhoods with a higher police presence, thereby creating a disproportionate amount of convictions in those neighbourhoods.

It is a self-fulfilling opinion.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think that is an Americanism, Avro. In USA a majority of crimes are committed by blacks, and majority of prisoners are also black.

Man...what a racist you are. An incorrect racist at that. In America the majority of crimes are committed by white people. The majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Goober, the charts and statistics you have put up really supports my assertion, that blacks committing majority of crimes is an Americanism, we don’t have that here in Canada.

But the facts say different as most crimes committed in the US are done by white people...so I guess we can call it Canadianism.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''I think African women are beautiful''

Yes, we should be color blind.

Claudia Cardinale is one of my favorite African [Tunisia] Queens:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The explanation I always bought was this:

If police think that an unproportional amount of crime is committed by blacks, they will spend more time in black neighbourhoods. They are more likely to hear about crimes and be able to catch the criminals in neighbourhoods with a higher police presence, thereby creating a disproportionate amount of convictions in those neighbourhoods.

It is a self-fulfilling opinion.

Sorry, that one doesn't cut it....time to re-assess

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While African Americans comprise 13.5% of the U.S. Population, 43% of all murder victims in 2007 were African American, 93.1% of whom were killed (by) African Americans.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Black On Black Crime Coalition

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Why does it seem that the majority of crime is commited by blacks?

You want me to go and find you info per capita. Sorry dude. This doesn't say per capita.

Is it a problem with media and how they report the news or is it a fact that most crime and violence is commited by blacks?

Can't speak for the media...but it is not a fact...at all.

I'm not sure but every itme I turn on the news or read about crime in the paper it seems to be mostly blacks involved.

Am I wrong?

Very

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That was in 2005, Av. I read that crime in general has gone down some 4% between 2003 and 2008.
Looking at Wiki's thing, it looks like white-collar, property, and hate crimes are far more likely to be perpetrated by whites, where violent crimes are more likely to be caused by African Americans, but by only about 7%.

I stand by my first comment in this thread though, that the most crime is perpetrated by Asians simply because there are billions of them.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
That was in 2005, Av. I read that crime in general has gone down some 4% between 2003 and 2008.
Looking at Wiki's thing, it looks like white-collar, property, and hate crimes are far more likely to be perpetrated by whites, where violent crimes are more likely to be caused by African Americans, but by only about 7%.

I stand by my first comment in this thread though, that the most crime is perpetrated by Asians simply because there are billions of them.

I should have made my orginal point more clear, I thought it would have been obvious.

I was looking for crimes by race per capita.