Blacks and crime

bizzymum

Dec 20, 2009
Pictou county, NS
Wow! reading this sort of thread, I thought I was reading something from the deep South by a bunch of red-necks. How narrow minded and stereo-typical. FYI being an ex-cop and seeing things first hand, there is a lot of racial profiling and a lot of the sentences are based on the quality of ones attorney. I had seen first hand a white perp get a lesser sentence/punishment than a perp of colour for the SAME offense.
All the Canadian people who I have talked to and most were white men, have had more run in with the law than any of the black men I have talked to. If 25% as just a random number have been committed by blacks, then the rest have to be non-black so WHO should be more cautious of.
Jeez...

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Wow! reading this sort of thread, I thought I was reading something from the deep South by a bunch of red-necks. How narrow minded and stereo-typical. FYI being an ex-cop and seeing things first hand, there is a lot of racial profiling and a lot of the sentences are based on the quality of ones attorney. I had seen first hand a white perp get a lesser sentence/punishment than a perp of colour for the SAME offense.
All the Canadian people who I have talked to and most were white men, have had more run in with the law than any of the black men I have talked to. If 25% as just a random number have been committed by blacks, then the rest have to be non-black so WHO should be more cautious of.
Jeez...

Amen!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Wow! reading this sort of thread, I thought I was reading something from the deep South by a bunch of red-necks.

Well it wasn't from the south...it was from Canada.

How narrow minded and stereo-typical.

But honestly...you saying "I thought I was reading something from the deep South by a bunch of red-necks." isn't stereo-typical?

FYI being an ex-cop and seeing things first hand, there is a lot of racial profiling and a lot of the sentences are based on the quality of ones attorney. I had seen first hand a white perp get a lesser sentence/punishment than a perp of colour for the SAME offense.
Jeez...

Agreed. It was foolish.