Blacks and crime

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
As far as I can tell, in the U.S. blacks represent about 13.9% of the population and commit 51.2% of the crimes.

Quite so. That is why I stated at the beginning of the thread, that what you are describing (blacks committing majority of the crime) is an Americanism, we don’t have that here in Canada (mainly because we just don’t have that many blacks here).

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Quite so. That is why I stated at the beginning of the thread, that what you are describing (blacks committing majority of the crime) is an Americanism, we don’t have that here in Canada (mainly because we just don’t have that many blacks here).

Your extapolation to Canada could be misinterpreted.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
As far as I can tell, in the U.S. blacks represent about 13.9% of the population and commit 51.2% of the crimes.

That is wrong. You have quoted murder stats. Just over half of all murders are committed by blacks...in the US anyway. I doubt it's that high in Canada

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The explanation I always bought was this:

If police think that an unproportional amount of crime is committed by blacks, they will spend more time in black neighbourhoods. They are more likely to hear about crimes and be able to catch the criminals in neighbourhoods with a higher police presence, thereby creating a disproportionate amount of convictions in those neighbourhoods.

It is a self-fulfilling opinion.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Haven't you been to Toronto lately???

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Haven't you been to Toronto lately???

And what has that got to do with anything? We are talking of nationwide here, not in any on particular city. Overall, majority of crimes are not committed by blacks here in Canada, it doesn’t matter what happens in Toronto.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Your extapolation to Canada could be misinterpreted.

Misinterpreted, how? Are you saying somebody may accuse me of racism? Well, I have been called much worse epithets than a racist, right here in these forums.

Anyway, as I have said before, it is an honour, a flattery to be called a racist by a conservative. If a conservative says I am a racist, that tells me that my views about blacks are just right. Same as if Rev. Fred Phelps calls me a homophobe that would tell me that my views on homosexuality are just right.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
And what has that got to do with anything? We are talking of nationwide here, not in any on particular city. Overall, majority of crimes are not committed by blacks here in Canada, it doesn’t matter what happens in Toronto.

How do you know they aren't.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You're right, nobody has shown you are wrong. You've done that by yourself.

I mean really....trying to suggest you really meant per capita in your OP...It would make less sense then it does the way you wrote it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Nope....keep trying.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I am stating something, not for me to disprove.

I repeat my opening post.
If I am wondering about something, however, I don't ask other people to research it for me. I do it myself.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Funny, Avro didn't mention any particular country when he said what he said in the OP. I stand by my opinion that most crimes are committed by Asians. If we are talking about African countries, it follows that most crimes are committed by "blacks". If we speak of Canada, I'd say whites by a long shot. The USA? Probably about the same amounts, followed by Hispanics, Asians, aboriginals, etc. in whatever order.
Why, is because of the disparity between rich and poor, necessity, and opportunity combined with low principles.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Definatly depends upon where you may live, crime is committed by all races. Better question would have been why is most Black crime that is committed, committed against other Blacks?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Definatly depends upon where you may live, crime is committed by all races. Better question would have been why is most Black crime that is committed, committed against other Blacks?

Convenience. If I was to commit a crime it would most likely be against a white person as they outnumber blacks in my community by about 5000 - 0.