Abortion is not Immoral

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
There wouldn't be abortions if people were more careful when they boink.

True. Think of how history would have been different if people were more careful

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Than I would gather that you are all for a woman carrying to term a fetus that is the result of incestuous rape? Nice value system 8O

Ever hear of adaption??? There are a lot of couples that would gratefully adapt that baby.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Ever hear of adaption??? There are a lot of couples that would gratefully adapt that baby.

and you're ok with a mother carrying the fetus to term after being raped. I guess your thoughts are biased with your religion and against the mental well being of both the mother and the child.

Imagine if the child went looking for it's biological mother and found her to learn that she/he were a product of a vicious incestuos rape?

I'll go back to my origianl comment.... nice value system you have8O

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
and you're ok with a mother carrying the fetus to term after being raped. I guess your thoughts are biased with your religion and against the mental well being of both the mother and the child.

Imagine if the child went looking for it's biological mother and found her to learn that she/he were a product of a vicious incestuos rape?

I'll go back to my origianl comment.... nice value system you have8O

Religion has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps the answer is not to have adaption records available.... and yes I have a great value system :p

A4NoOb

Nominee Member
Feb 27, 2009
As your rationale gets more and more marginalized, you start to come up with extremes.

The arguement has been decided by far brighter and more rationale people.

In Canada it's the law. period!
You have just explained the 38th parallel. After the American Revolution, those who enjoyed the benefits of freedom and liberty went south of the 38th parallel, and those who enjoyed the comforts of King George III (who was an insane ruler) moved north of the 38th parallel. The choice is tough but clear, liberty has a certain price, and enslavement has a certain comfort. It turns out Canadians preferred the comforts of corrupted bureaucracy.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
You have just explained the 38th parallel. After the American Revolution, those who enjoyed the benefits of freedom and liberty went south of the 38th parallel, and those who enjoyed the comforts of King George III (who was an insane ruler) moved north of the 38th parallel. The choice is tough but clear, liberty has a certain price, and enslavement has a certain comfort. It turns out Canadians preferred the comforts of corrupted bureaucracy, being above the citizens and giving rights to civilians. In America, the citizens entitle the government laws and ethics.

being above the citizens and giving rights to civilians. In America, the citizens entitle the government laws and ethics

A fetus (collection of cells) is not a citizen even in a place as moralistically backwards as the USA

As for the "citizens" entitling the gov't laws (they don't entitle ethics or morals), I guess that is the case in only the last 45 yrs when the USA actually became a democratic free country

1964 - The civil rights act allowed "black" people to vote. The last industrialized country to do so.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
America, the citizens entitle the government laws and ethics

It's a travesty to mention America and ethics in the same breath (see post above)

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
And again I ask you whether you can account for 100% of the late term abortions? Something is sketchy with your experience because if it is as you say, then why are there no statistics proving your point? All of it is anonymous and my intuition tells me it's because some of those abortions weren't excusable. There are many reasons why a woman might have a late term abortion. Financial crisis, being on the fence about whether or not to keep it, having her boyfriend leave her, pressure to focus on school, having a job promotion etc. There are many reasons why a woman would be pressured into having a late term abortion, but because you are a nurse that gives you the benefit of the doubt?

And I am not arguing that late term abortions are capital punishment, I argue that all abortions are capital punishment. Again unless a woman is in mortal peril, it isn't her decision.

I'm not a statistician or a researcher. If you can come up with some stats on how many late term abortions are purely elective, I'd love to see them. Barring that, I have to go by my experience and just plain old common sense. Even if I had never participated in terminating any pregnancies, logic would tell me that a woman wouldn't wait till she was 7 months pregnant to abort for convenience. The notion is absurd. Don't give me the benefit of the doubt, use some common sense. Women who abort late in the pregnancy have to explain their abortion to everyone they know because they'd already be showing. Do you really think they would be willing to deal with the judgemental attitudes just cause they changed their mind on having a baby? Plus, the procedure itself is anything but convenient at that point (it's usually inducing labor and going through the natural birthing process or a surgical procedure which requires a long recovery). And, they'd actually have to find a doctor or a hospital willing to do the abortion. I would suggest you try calling some abortion clinics or hospitals and telling them you want to abort a healthy 30 week fetus. See if they'll help you out. My guess is you'll have a REAAAAALLLLLLLYYYY hard time finding any that will.

The issues you listed fit fine for early abortions. They don't for the late ones. I freely admit my experiences with those families make me feel protective. I think people who judge them without ever having been in their shoes are naive at best. You can not know what you'd do in that situation until you face it. I say that because there are conditions for which nearly 90% of people choose to terminate the pregnancy. So either only pro-choice people have sick babies or even pro-lifers can change their mind when it directly affects them. I suspect it's the latter. I wouldn't wish that heartbreaking decision on anybody, so I won't judge how they deal with it.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Religion has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps the answer is not to have adaption records available.... and yes I have a great value system :p

I'm VERY pro adoption, being that I was adopted.... But, the notion of not having records available is a horrible idea. First off, it wouldn't happen thanks to the access to information laws we have (that's how I got my records when I was 18). Secondly the adopted child is the only person who was unable to consent to the adoption. How is it fair to tell them they have no right to information when they had no say in the adoption?

Accessing my records and meeting my bio mom worked out fine (I wasn't the product of rape, just plain ol' irresponsible teenage sex). I know people for whom it didn't work out well. It's really their decision to make and their risk to take.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Risus and Tyr,

aren't you glad that your mothers - unlike you - were decent and loving people and not some pro-abortion, selfish and irresponsible no-good louts?

Aren't you glad that YOUR fathers did not pull out prior your totally misbegotten conception?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes I'm glad about those facts, but that has nothing to do with the poor babies
who are brought into this world, not wanted, full of drugs, and live a life of abuse, neglect
and are not loved, they grow up with many problems, and many of those problems
are passed on to their children.
I am OK with early abortions, and will repeat that fact anytime.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Risus and Tyr,

aren't you glad that your mothers - unlike you - were decent and loving people and not some pro-abortion, selfish and irresponsible no-good louts?

Aren't you glad that YOUR fathers did not pull out prior your totally misbegotten conception?

Hey Yuke- you can make enemies that way. You should check to see if your local library has a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People", it might help you brush up on some subtle deficiencies. P.S. have you heard from Lemon Beagle lately...................................:lol::lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Tracy, my wife was adopted at birth, because her family could not afford raising her. She was the ninth child. Her dad lost an arn at his job and was fired. But her mom took the responsible thing and put her up for adoption.

57 years later she found seven living siblings, who embraced her with all the love to be afforded to a sibling you have known all your life.

If it had not been for her Mom's courageous decision, I have no idea who my wife would be now, but I am sure I could not have found a more gracious lady than she. She is the best example - as far as I am concerned - that no matter how difficult things might look, no matter how inconvenient being a mother might be, ABORTION IS NEVER AN OPTION.

I DO hope your story ia as happy as my wife's.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Tracy, my wife was adopted at birth, because her family could not afford raising her. She was the ninth child. Her dad lost an arn at his job and was fired. But her mom took the responsible thing and put her up for adoption.

57 years later she found seven living siblings, who embraced her with all the love to be afforded to a sibling you have known all your life.

If it had not been for her Mom's courageous decision, I have no idea who my wife would be now, but I am sure I could not have found a more gracious lady than she. She is the best example - as far as I am concerned - that no matter how difficult things might look, no matter how inconvenient being a mother might be, ABORTION IS NEVER AN OPTION.

I DO hope your story ia as happy as my wife's.

I should apoligize for my last epistle, I don't disagree 1/4 as much with what you say as how you say it. Sometimes it's better just to ask a few questions instead of running the guy into the mud with 28" tires.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
JLM, I have lots of friends. At my age I am not particukarly vconcerned about influencing people.

I only raised a question, which - not surprisingly - no abortion advocate ever eager or even willing to answer. Would you care to put your 2 cents' worth in?

BTW, I talked to Lemon Beagle a few minutes ago - not loudly, just by winking an eye - when I shaved this morning.