China says it will execute riot killers


china
#1
China says it will execute riot killers
China National News
Thursday 9th July, 2009
Quote:

(ANI)

Quote:

Urumqi, July 9 : A senior official has warned that China will execute anyone found to be behind the 156 riot killings in the north west city of Urumqi.

Sky News quoted Li Zhi, the Communist Party boss of Urumqi, as saying that the government would seek the death penalty over bloody protests in the capital of Xinjiang.

He told reporters that Urumqi was stable after several days of ethnic violence and that security forces had control of the streets.

Zhi said many people accused of murder had already been detained and that most of them were students.

The violence has already caused President Hu Jintao to cut short a visit to Italy to attend the Group of Eight summit.

About 20 million, representing 47 ethnic groups, live in China's vast Xinjiang region. The largest group is the 8.3 million ethnic Uighurs - an Islamic central Asian people.

But the number of Han Chinese in the region has risen from six percent in 1949 to more than 40 percent now.

Critics say it is part of a policy of Han Chinese migration to dilute any nationalist tendencies.ore than 1,000 people have been wounded in the region and 1,434 arrested during the unrest.


WAT TO GO CHINA
 
Liberalman
#2
As long as they put it on pay per view then it's OK
 
captain morgan
#3
Way to go China?

... Aren't you the individual that is railing at the RCMP for heavy-handed tactics?

Didn't you decry the wonderful freedoms that the Chinese enjoy over Canadian society?

You're kidding, right?
 
china
#4
[quote]... Aren't you the individual that is railing at the RCMP for heavy-handed tactics?[/QUOTE
Compare my users name.
The four RCMP's had no tactics ,heavy handed or otherwise .They just planned to "beat up" on someone ; 4 on 1 , it burns me , four armed as......s against one weary, disoriented tourist. Like I have stated in other post ,1 Polish policeman would cripple these 4 cowards.What eats me is that by paying taxes ,i'm paying their wages
PENALTY ?........5 shots ...each .I can kneel on their neck if asked for help; I only weigh 255lb.

Quote:

Didn't you decry the wonderful freedoms that the Chinese enjoy over Canadian society?

What I have said ,cm, is that I ,peronaly (and I am not Chinese) feel more free in China than in Canada or US and I am not the only one ,but the majority of Canadian or American expats will say the same thing.

Quote:

You're kidding, right?

_I don't kidd ._________________________
 
Nuggler
#5
""_I don't kidd ._________________________""

You don't spell much either.

Why would any sane nation want to execute riot killers, i.e. those people who attempt to calm the crowd and "kill" the riot..........Your title, not mine.

typical #%#$%^%$#%$^% hole.

I told whatshisname I wouldn't call ya names.

Phuck off is not name calling is it!

 
Nuggler
#6
Quick call a MOD!!!!!!!
 
Niflmir
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

What I have said ,cm, is that I ,peronaly (and I am not Chinese) feel more free in China than in Canada or US and I am not the only one ,but the majority of Canadian or American expats will say the same thing.

It is a well known phenomenon that the most free people are the people with power in a dictatorship. Heck, having even a little power or influence in a dictatorship gives you more freedoms than you can enjoy in a democracy where everyone is equal.

Enjoy your censored internet much?
 
AnnaG
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

China says it will execute riot killers
China National News
Thursday 9th July, 2009

WAT TO GO CHINA

Do those death penalties apply to trigger-happy militiry, tank drivers, and police, too?
 
Machjo
#9
[quote=china;1118524]
Quote:


What I have said ,cm, is that I ,peronaly (and I am not Chinese) feel more free in China than in Canada or US and I am not the only one ,but the majority of Canadian or American expats will say the same thing.

Now this is interesting. THough I did feel safer in China, I wouldn't say that I felt freer in China. No, I certainly didn't feel oppressed, but did feel excessively restricted in my freedoms. I also found a certain mildness in the character of the Chinese too, generally speaking, not to be confounded with weekness. Maybe it was just with me and my friends, I don't know, but generally speaking I found them more hospitable, mild-mannered, and soft-spoken than their Canadian counterparts.

Now as for the Uyghurs, I'd been to Xinjiang, and the Uyghurs are more like us in some ways, both for better and worse. More direct in expressing what they mean, for example.

But when I was in Xinjiang, I'd spoken to both Uyghurs and Han, and I can say that the Uyghurs do have some legitimate grievances.

Having said that, I also agree that they were out of line in starting riots, as were the Han after them.

So I have mixed feelings on the government crackdown.
 
Machjo
#10
I should point something else out too before anyone thinks this is jsut the government being heavy handed. The Han themselves generally are in favour of an iron-fisted government. It's been like this for centuries, and so will not likely change overnight.
 
AnnaG
#11
So? I, for one, am not choosing sides, I am just wondering if the ROC is willing to spread equal "justice" everywhere.
 
Risus
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

China says it will execute riot killers

China National News
Thursday 9th July, 2009

WAT TO GO CHINA

I hope you said that in jest....
 
darkbeaver
#13
Why should they? We in the west haven't. Why does China have to be first?
 
AnnaG
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Why should they? We in the west haven't. Why does China have to be first?

You have a point, by why not be first? Wouldn't that be an ideal for communism?
I guess no-one in particular has the balls for it.
 
darkbeaver
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

So? I, for one, am not choosing sides, I am just wondering if the ROC is willing to spread equal "justice" everywhere.


Why should they? Who's human rights record would you suggest they model theirs after?
 
AnnaG
#16
Perhaps they could start one of their own. It certainly looks like they need a start concerning human rights.
 
darkbeaver
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

You have a point, by why not be first? Wouldn't that be an ideal for communism?
I guess no-one in particular has the balls for it.

What's with the blue words? Anyway human rights are being shelved all over the planet right at this time particularly in the west. The war on terrorism is just getting started over here. Loads of balls have been applied aplenty and regularly if you'll note the flameing wreackage of cities in the ME you'll see where balls alone get you, China remembers its history probably, I wouldn't worry about the outcome.
 
AnnaG
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

What's with the blue words? Anyway human rights are being shelved all over the planet right at this time particularly in the west. The war on terrorism is just getting started over here. Loads of balls have been applied aplenty and regularly if you'll note the flameing wreackage of cities in the ME you'll see where balls alone get you, China remembers its history probably, I wouldn't worry about the outcome.

Sorry. Blue word was supposed to be a link to a brief description of communism. Um, the ideal communism, not the communism of reality. Forum technicalities aren't quite within my grasp yet.
I agree, unfortunately. Lots of balls and very little maturity and intelligence have been applied.
 
petros
#19
Take a good hard look at how life is in China because it's your future and it's coming sooner than you think.


Have a nice day!
 
petros
#20
Quote:

What I have said ,cm, is that I ,peronaly (and I am not Chinese) feel more free in China than in Canada or US and I am not the only one ,but the majority of Canadian or American expats will say the same thing.

I hope to tour China next year. I'ts not until you've been out of North America do you realize how controlled and regulated you are and that "freedom" is a marketing ploy.

The Soviets didn't have it this bad.
 
darkbeaver
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Take a good hard look at how life is in China because it's your future and it's coming sooner than you think.


Have a nice day!

If we're lucky the Chinese will Liberate us someday, after the flood fire asteroid planet x swine flu starvation etc, another Capitalist pig government etc;
 
petros
#22
Quote:

the flood fire asteroid planet x swine flu starvation etc, another Capitalist pig government etc;

Nah....our galaxy (serpent aka oroborus) is going Seyfert (dragon spits fire).

Have a nice day!
 
china
#23
petros
Quote:

I'ts not until you've been out of North America do you realize how controlled and regulated you are and that "freedom" is a marketing ploy.

Majority of people in North America are a bunch of programed robots.
 
AnnaG
#24
Yeah. A lot of people in China are oppressed too. A lot of people in Africa are hungry. ............
 
china
#25
Machjo ,
Quote:

No, I certainly didn't feel oppressed, but did feel excessively restricted in my freedoms.

sie sie hao pengyo
Please tell me Machjo what freedoms have you bin restricted in.
( I'm in southern Sichuan , Xichang . This very moment there is an earth tremor I,m on a 13 th floor of a hotel building and you can really feel it ).
Last edited by china; Jul 10th, 2009 at 04:21 AM..
 
china
#26
AnnaG
Quote:

Yeah. A lot of people in China are oppressed too. A lot of people in Africa are hungry.

Don't tell me about an known fact ;tell me what you've done about it , Anna.
 
china
#27
Nuggler ,

Quote:

.Your title, not mine.

A copy of a title of a newspaper article.
 
china
#28
Niflmir (external - login to view)
Quote:

Enjoy your censored internet much?

Well,my internet is not censored ,if your internet is ,Niflmir ,than I would suggest you down load a Hot spot Shield .I thought you guys knew something about computers and internet .
 
china
#29
Quote:

Do those death penalties apply to trigger-happy militiry,

You must be talking about the 4 trigger happy RCMP murderers who killed an innocent traveler at the Van. airport .
Quote:

tank drivers, and police, too?

Most of the police walking the street are unarmed ,I think Machjo will agree.As far as tanks are concerned....well it happened people revolted people got killed ...part of 'evolution' ,happens every where . Is it justified , no murder is justified .
So AnnaG ,it'd be cool if you stop complaining about others that you really don,t even know,clean up your own back yard first and until you do you have no right judging others ,lady.
Last edited by china; Jul 10th, 2009 at 08:31 AM..
 
captain morgan
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

before you start complaining about others ,clean up your own back yard and try to live n harmony with others .

I would have thought that you'd demand the same societal vigilance in any region regardless of the event.

Your partisanship is showing.
 

Similar Threads

12
Taliban Publicly Execute Woman
by Johnny Utah | May 10th, 2006
no new posts