petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yea we have killed large parts of our collective economy for 200 deaths over six months . If you weren’t already in the hills I would tell you to head there .

Lives are worth a lot more than any economy. After things simmer you can always go back to work to kick start the economy, which you can't do when you are dead. It seems Trump is too dumb to savvy that, not that he really gives a shit about anyone else!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Did anyone here catch the news conference Trump held today (after there was a shooting outside the WH grounds) where he said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War? Yeah he said it, I turned to my husband and asked if I heard correctly, and yep, I did. Trump said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War because all the soldiers were sick. And lets not forget that earlier in the week he referred to Thailand as thigh-land and Yosemite as yo-semite.
Seriously? Biden isn't mentally for for office? Come on!
C’mon man! One word out of place and Progs think they have Trump on the ropes. C’mon man!

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Did anyone here catch the news conference Trump held today (after there was a shooting outside the WH grounds) where he said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War? Yeah he said it, I turned to my husband and asked if I heard correctly, and yep, I did. Trump said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War because all the soldiers were sick. And lets not forget that earlier in the week he referred to Thailand as thigh-land and Yosemite as yo-semite.

I didn't see that part of it (though not shocked and of course people like Wally forget he's been claiming the USA flu of 1918 was in 1917) but what I did see was his reaction to being told by SS that he had to leave.

He was not pleased, then it sounded like he had to be told why - which does make sense - and then upon being told he looked at the people gathered like he was a kid wondering if they are seeing HIM being pulled away by the Special Service cause something's going on, like a child.

It was just weird.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I didn't see that part of it (though not shocked and of course people like Wally forget he's been claiming the USA flu of 1918 was in 1917) but what I did see was his reaction to being told by SS that he had to leave.

He was not pleased, then it sounded like he had to be told why - which does make sense - and then upon being told he looked at the people gathered like he was a kid wondering if they are seeing HIM being pulled away by the Special Service cause something's going on, like a child.

It was just weird.

Regarding the Spanish Flu of 1918, I've been wondering if a vaccine was ever developed for that! I know the second wave was worst that the first.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You would look like a juiceless peach here in the lower mainland with that attitude . Only 15 to 20 % of people are wearing masks .

And which health region in British Columbia is experiencing the most infections? :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What stale air?
That you breath in while wearing a mask . Do you think it all leaves the mask when you expell your breath ? When you inhale that left in the mask is returned to the lungs . Stale air .
They also create sweating inside the face mask making it wet and uncomfortable . But be my quest and wear one at will . I will continue to refrain .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
His ramblings are becoming more desperate and repetitive to say the least. If he can use the shooting to his advantage, I have no doubt that he will. What were once White House briefings are now mini-rallies.
The MSM are free to ignore him and leave Trump off the front pages . Why must they give him all that free coverage ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Lives are worth a lot more than any economy. After things simmer you can always go back to work to kick start the economy, which you can't do when you are dead. It seems Trump is too dumb to savvy that, not that he really gives a shit about anyone else!
How many people die each year on the job , trying to earn a living and feed their families ? If one is to many maybe all industry should be shut down . I hear farming can be deadly , let’s ban industrial agriculture . Who needs product to get to market . Trucking is very dangerous , especially in winter , let’s take all trucks. Off the road .

How far are you willing to go to save that one life ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And which health region in British Columbia is experiencing the most infections? :)
Who cares , not me . The spread of this disease has not been astronomical as a matter of fact it has been quite a dud . Less than 200 deaths in six months . Get a grip we are not all going to catch this thing . And if we do most will show no ill effects .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who cares , not me . The spread of this disease has not been astronomical as a matter of fact it has been quite a dud . Less than 200 deaths in six months . Get a grip we are not all going to catch this thing . And if we do most will show no ill effects .

What you don't seem to understand is that is no consolation to the ones who do, but of course there are those in any dilemma whose attitude is "F**K you Jack, I'm alright".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How many people die each year on the job , trying to earn a living and feed their families ? If one is to many maybe all industry should be shut down . I hear farming can be deadly , let’s ban industrial agriculture . Who needs product to get to market . Trucking is very dangerous , especially in winter , let’s take all trucks. Off the road .

How far are you willing to go to save that one life ?

In any situation all you CAN do is whatever is possible to mitigate the risk. At the end of the day Shit happens. That doesn't mean it is to be taken lightly.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In any situation all you CAN do is whatever is possible to mitigate the risk. At the end of the day Shit happens. That doesn't mean it is to be taken lightly.

I think that statement should be qualified as within reason. You have to balance all factors including long term effects on economy and employment. I don't have any complaints with decisions made so far as long as we continue to move forward with reopening.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I find it funny to hear the mask wearing judging non wearing.

Why arent you at home? A mask isnt a wander around ticket strapped to your face.

I'm not 'wandering around' when I go to town to buy groceries or do other necessary shopping. I wear a mask because I think it is the right thing to do and so that those around me know I care as much about their health as mine.