COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It seems many people just aren't getting the picture yet! What needs to be done? Knock them upside the head with a piece of 2 X 4? :)
That is one idea....;-) or establish fines for not wearing masks......for eg. with the money going to more equipment for " front line" workers./ and or research for a vaccine.

I am think;ing of writing: "where is YOUR mask??" on MY mask.;-)

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Really , not wanting vote by mail schemes is voter suppression. Strange world you live in .

Okay, thanks for taking the bait as I knew you would. Now, show your work. Prove what and where these schemes of yours are.

I live in a world where I like for everyone to have a right to vote, what world is it that you live in?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I'd get one of those.........I always get cold ears and a cold nose in the winter - this is just the ticket. :smile: I wonder if they have in magenta??

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It seems many people just aren't getting the picture yet! What needs to be done? Knock them upside the head with a piece of 2 X 4? :)

I doubt we will see a significant drop in numbers here in BC until the winter winds and snow drive people back indoors as has been amply proven some people just don't give a shit, JLM. I earnestly hope I am proven wrong.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That is one idea....;-) or establish fines for not wearing masks......for eg. with the money going to more equipment for " front line" workers./ and or research for a vaccine.

I am think;ing of writing: "where is YOUR mask??" on MY mask.;-)

I just give the mask-less a very wide berth, OB. Mind you, I might very well give them a very nasty look. :p

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Did anyone here catch the news conference Trump held today (after there was a shooting outside the WH grounds) where he said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War? Yeah he said it, I turned to my husband and asked if I heard correctly, and yep, I did. Trump said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War because all the soldiers were sick. And lets not forget that earlier in the week he referred to Thailand as thigh-land and Yosemite as yo-semite.

Seriously? Biden isn't mentally for for office? Come on!

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...ded-the-second-world-war-which-ended-in-1945/

Oh and Walter, before you say it's fake news, I suggest you hit the link. In it you will find video of Trump making the comment. We wouldn't want a repeat of "Reagan never said he supported repealing the 22nd amendment" now would we?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Are masks mandatory in indoor establishments in BC?

They made them mandatory in Calgary and Edmonton.
In our trading area, it is up to the individual business owner to state the regulations for entering the store. Some require masks, some don't though a great number of people in our area do wear masks in public places. All the business limit the number of customers. All of them have well-defined corridors with directional arrows to move people in the right direction. All the businesses have special hours for seniors and the disabled.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Mask wearing was made mandatory here in Calgary but I have seen the odd person not wearing one while shopping. I am reluctant to judge because I don't know what their health situation may be that perhaps makes wearing a mask difficult, but I am bothered by it nonetheless.

I wear one as does my husband, it's a simple thing to do in order to slow the spread, even if it's just a bit.