COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Did anyone here catch the news conference Trump held today (after there was a shooting outside the WH grounds) where he said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War? Yeah he said it, I turned to my husband and asked if I heard correctly, and yep, I did. Trump said that the Spanish Flu probably ended the second World War because all the soldiers were sick. And lets not forget that earlier in the week he referred to Thailand as thigh-land and Yosemite as yo-semite.

Seriously? Biden isn't mentally for for office? Come on!

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...ded-the-second-world-war-which-ended-in-1945/

Oh and Walter, before you say it's fake news, I suggest you hit the link. In it you will find video of Trump making the comment. We wouldn't want a repeat of "Reagan never said he supported repealing the 22nd amendment" now would we?
Saw it too.(and HEARD it)....That so called press conference has to be one of his worst . His disjointed rambling is getting worse too.

Wonder how he will use that shooting event to his advantage....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Saw it too.(and HEARD it)....That so called press conference has to be one of his worst . His disjointed rambling is getting worse too.

The boy needs help! (and we should probably quit paying attention to him)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
the problem is a) he won't get help
and B) he makes sure he makes the news.... and c) he is a remarkable case study in psychology.;-)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

You, and the rest of the Canadians on here, do realize that your opinions mean nothing when it comes to who is or will be the leader of another country. Your "attention" isnt even noticed, as it means nothing. It's so much hot air going into the ether.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It seems many people just aren't getting the picture yet! What needs to be done? Knock them upside the head with a piece of 2 X 4? :)
Yes 45 per day , this plague is spreading exponentially.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That is one idea....;-) or establish fines for not wearing masks......for eg. with the money going to more equipment for " front line" workers./ and or research for a vaccine.

I am think;ing of writing: "where is YOUR mask??" on MY mask.;-)
Good for you , keep breathing stale air , it must be healthy .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Are masks mandatory in indoor establishments in BC?

They made them mandatory in Calgary and Edmonton.
No . Not mandatory , it is on B.C. Ferries if leaving your vehicle , and Transit is requiring masks starting later this month .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Okay, thanks for taking the bait as I knew you would. Now, show your work. Prove what and where these schemes of yours are.

I live in a world where I like for everyone to have a right to vote, what world is it that you live in?
I live in a world where on voting day I report to the polling place with my Identification and cast my vote . Once only . It has been thus since my first opportunity in about 1970 , It has worked fairly in most instances during that time . I see no reason to change .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Okay, thanks for taking the bait as I knew you would. Now, show your work. Prove what and where these schemes of yours are.

I live in a world where I like for everyone to have a right to vote, what world is it that you live in?
Good for you . I would like to live in a country where only legal citizens have the privilege and responsibility to vote .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You, and the rest of the Canadians on here, do realize that your opinions mean nothing when it comes to who is or will be the leader of another country. Your "attention" isnt even noticed, as it means nothing. It's so much hot air going into the ether.

Of course, it just falls under the heading of banter.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I doubt we will see a significant drop in numbers here in BC until the winter winds and snow drive people back indoors as has been amply proven some people just don't give a shit, JLM. I earnestly hope I am proven wrong.
Yea we have killed large parts of our collective economy for 200 deaths over six months . If you weren’t already in the hills I would tell you to head there .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I find it funny to hear the mask wearing judging non wearing.

Why arent you at home? A mask isnt a wander around ticket strapped to your face.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I just give the mask-less a very wide berth, OB. Mind you, I might very well give them a very nasty look. :p
You would look like a juiceless peach here in the lower mainland with that attitude . Only 15 to 20 % of people are wearing masks .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Mask wearing was made mandatory here in Calgary but I have seen the odd person not wearing one while shopping. I am reluctant to judge because I don't know what their health situation may be that perhaps makes wearing a mask difficult, but I am bothered by it nonetheless.

I wear one as does my husband, it's a simple thing to do in order to slow the spread, even if it's just a bit.
Do you enjoy the stale air ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
the problem is a) he won't get help
and B) he makes sure he makes the news.... and c) he is a remarkable case study in psychology.;-)
Your friends in the media should give Trump the same treatment they are giving the rioters . But no they get viewers keeping Trump on page one . Why do they hide the riots , Biden , 21 Black people being massacred And focus on Trump ?

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

His ramblings are becoming more desperate and repetitive to say the least. If he can use the shooting to his advantage, I have no doubt that he will. What were once White House briefings are now mini-rallies.