Girl Guides boycott U.S.A.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Re: Girl Guides of Canada cancelling trips to the U.S., citing travel concerns

Never had a problem with American Border Guards passing through...always a hassle though with the Canadian Border dicks coming back home.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with money.

I don't want to waste my money only for my spouse to be turned away at the border. Sure she could get a visa, but that's a hassle in itself. Even for China I bothered with it because I really wanted to go. Neither of us feel strongly enough to visit the YS to have my spouse do the runaround.

And she could still be turned away on an officer's whim.

Never had a problem with American Border Guards passing through...always a hassle though with the Canadian Border dicks coming back home.

The Canadian ones are a pain in the rear to deal with. The Hong Kong ones are the best!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016

Something tells me Trump supporters don't mind less brown-skinned folks coming into the country.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

The Americans just want to know if you're a threat or not. The Canadians want to know: "What's in YOUR wallet?"

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016

Twila's news article mentioned that only 800 Girl Guides go to the States each year. I think their economy will survive.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

To be fair, some marriages with a wide age gap are genuine. I won't comment on Trump's marriage though since that is his private life and his wife is not a public figure. She has a right as a private citizen to her privacy.

Now back to Trump. Firstly, I don't have time to read up on every immigration law. If it's too complicated, I'll just go elsewhere. Secondly, if there appears to be a high occurrence of border officers being a law unto themselves, then what's the point if knowing a country's immigration laws?

You aren't immigrating when you go to visit.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

You aren't immigrating when you go to visit.

Fine. Entry requirements. There's what's written on the official site and then there's how an agent feels on a given day.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

They get pissed off by people who unprepared and nervous.

You seems like the type who would be both.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

They get pissed off by people who unprepared and nervous.

You seems like the type who would be both.

I'm not, but that's beside the point. If they get triggered so easily, then not worth it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

If you aren't nervous have your paperwork current you are just another tourist and you aren't going to have any issues.

Don't pet the sweaty things.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

If you aren't nervous have your paperwork current you are just another tourist and you aren't going to have any issues.

Don't pet the sweaty things.

Maybe I could hide my spouse in the trunk?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016

I would think that most American Border Agents cannot tell the difference between people of Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, etc. the only one they 'think' they know is maybe Christian (and even then the person would have to be blonde, green eyes and white) !! So, how are they assessing who and who will not be given a hard time at customs?? colour and name?? This is really fu#ked-up and speaks volume to this bans' intolerance of mankind and fraternity.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Either that or make a few trips to the US embassy if it's worth it.

We have not visited Vancouver in ages. My spouse has not seen Halifax yet. Neither gave I.

Even if she could enter the US visa-free, no guarantee we'd go. Nothing personal. Just that we like China.

But with that in mind, a visa requirement for her is all it takes to make the decision definite that it's not worth it.

I would think that most American Border Agents cannot tell the difference between people of Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, etc. the only one they 'think' they know is maybe Christian (and even then the person would have to be blonde, green eyes and white) !! So, how are they assessing who and who will not be given a hard time at customs?? colour and name?? This is really fu#ked-up and speaks volume to this bans' intolerance of mankind and fraternity.

They can judge skin tone, accent, language, and funny clothing as well as funny food etc.

Who knows what might trigger them?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Twila's news article mentioned that only 800 Girl Guides go to the States each year. I think their economy will survive.

Lol,definately not THE straw that could break the back/bank. Would have been hilarious. But not GREAT!

Either that or make a few trips to the US embassy if it's worth it.

We have not visited Vancouver in ages. My spouse has not seen Halifax yet. Neither gave I.

Even if she could enter the US visa-free, no guarantee we'd go. Nothing personal. Just that we like China.

But with that in mind, a visa requirement for her is all it takes to make the decision definite that it's not worth it.

Well trump is working on removing much of the epa and soon the states may revert back to smelling stinky polution like it use to before the epa. Might be now or....

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

MGGGA. That's what I say.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Lol,definately not THE straw that could break the back/bank. Would have been hilarious. But not GREAT!

Well trump is working on removing much of the epa and soon the states may revert back to smelling stinky polution like it use to before the epa. Might be now or....

US air quality is probably far better than in China. But I have family and friends in China but not in the US.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Kim Jong Don addressed the Canadian Girl Guides crisis yesterday, saying "They're some bad hombres. Rapists. Murderers. And many, I'm sure, are nice people. But I'll keep them out. I'll build a big, beautiful wall, and I'll make Canada pay for it."

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Kim Jong Don addressed the Canadian Girl Guides crisis yesterday, saying "They're some bad hombres. Rapists. Murderers. And many, I'm sure, are nice people. But I'll keep them out. I'll build a big, beautiful wall, and I'll make Canada pay for it."

He added after that rant "Nobody loves Girl Guides more than I do. NOBODY!"

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I'm usually sympathetic with the border guards... but when I had one tell me, after I'd been stopped, that he'd let me into the US but 'next time make sure everything's right', and when I asked him what he meant he said he couldn't tell me, that soured me. Okay, if I did something wrong, tell me so I know. Don't give me this "I can't tell you because you'll say so and so told me that was okay" BS.