Would Jesus, the Bringer of Light, condemn Yahweh for his mass murders?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Your response:
If there is a victim, be it to sin or crime, then there might be a sin or crime.
Without a victim or complainant, I do not apply the terms of sin or crime.
Even if there is a complaint, if mens rea is applied and the presence of an evil intent is not show, as with the insane, then there can be no guilt assigned.
Satan would have it no other way, because if she ain't there to watch, there is no evil to see.
As In Job 2;3, God is the creator of evil while Satan is just the one who is moving him to do it.

Here is what Jesus taught:
“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell" (Matthew 5:21-22, NIV).
a. Matthew 5:22 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a fellow disciple, whether man or woman; also in verse 23.
b. Matthew 5:22 Some manuscripts brother or sister without cause
c. Matthew 5:22 An Aramaic term of contempt

Does Jesus condemn us for our murderous thoughts and words, DL?

I repeat.
If there is a victim, be it to sin or crime, then there might be a sin or crime.

Let me show you the logic trail.

Is there a victim? No.

Would we throw a criminal into jail without as victim or complaint in the real world? No.

Conclusion.
Jesus would not condemn without a victim.

Justice blitch.
If you are the victim of your own thinking, why would you want to punish yourself twice for the one offence?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
burning sulphur.
Sigh. Do I have to correct even the brighter ones.

It is not sulfur. Sulfur would ruin the smell of burning human fat that God is particularly fond of.

That is why he made sure that the vast numbers of us end there as compared to the few who like that smell.

I can relate because, when light and without sulfur, it has that fantastic burnt pork smell.

Last time I was in hell, I pigged out so much I gained 2 inch upon my return to Earth.

I hope you recognized right off the kidding in that first line.

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Probably. The Ten Commandments contain a very clear prohibition against even thinking about certain things, what George Orwell called thoughtcrime. Murder isn't one of them, it's just coveting your neighbour's property (which includes his wife), and there's another passage that says even looking upon a woman with lust means you've already committed adultery. Murderous thoughts would presumably be looked upon even less favourably, but in any event it's clear that we can be condemned for our thoughts. Revelation makes it pretty clear that most of us aren't going to make it anyway, only Jesus and the saints and martyrs get to heaven, the rest of us get to sizzle with Satan for eternity in a lake of burning sulphur.
The Matthew 5:21-22 teaching aligns contempt, condescension and name-calling with murder. Why?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Let me show you the logic trail.

Is there a victim? No.

Would we throw a criminal into jail without as victim or complaint in the real world? No.
Yes. Yes we do all the time. MANY crimes are crimes without a victim.

Here's a relevant example going on now - if the proposed changes to the firearm act go through then anyone who owns one of the now prohibited firearms will face up to 5 years in jail.

So these people lawfully acquired this property, committed no crime previously and there is no victim - but now it's a crime to own what they lawfully bought and so they will still go to jail because a law now says they must surrender that property for no reason other than the gov't said so. No victim, yet we throw them in jail.

There are MANY laws like that.

So your conclusion isn't valid. Just pointing it out.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
The Matthew 5:21-22 teaching aligns contempt, condescension and name-calling with murder. Why?
Literalism of plagiarized work, when the many bible versions are not all saying the same thing. .

Literally, do you also believe in literal talking serpents and donkeys?

Our friend gave you logic and reason and you defectively throw a quote at him.

I would tell you where to shove your quote and who deserves kudos for decent apologetics.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Yes. Yes we do all the time. MANY crimes are crimes without a victim.

Here's a relevant example going on now - if the proposed changes to the firearm act go through then anyone who owns one of the now prohibited firearms will face up to 5 years in jail.

So these people lawfully acquired this property, committed no crime previously and there is no victim - but now it's a crime to own what they lawfully bought and so they will still go to jail because a law now says they must surrender that property for no reason other than the gov't said so. No victim, yet we throw them in jail.

There are MANY laws like that.

So your conclusion isn't valid. Just pointing it out.
Would you have the state rescind all public safety rules?

How about speed limits?

There is no moral equivalence between gun fines and your God murdering us in hell.

Was this your best argument?????

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing” (1 Corinthians 13:2).

In God’s economy, genuine love, respect and compassion for others trump intellectual elitism.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Would you have the state rescind all public safety rules?
Accidents have victims. Not really the same thing is it.
How about speed limits?
How about them? Again - accidents have victims, not the same thing
There is no moral equivalence between gun fines and your God murdering us in hell.
No one suggested there was - which indicates you aren't being honest in your discussion. However your "logic chain" claimed that because we don't throw people in jail for vicimless crimes then... etc etc. But we DO - and that was one of many many examples. So we can say your logic was faulty and your conclusion based on completely erroneous data.
Was this your best argument?????
I thought i told you to do better. You screwed this up entirely.

Your entire argument that i replied to was based on your statement that we don't throw people in jail if there's no victim. We do. There are MANY laws that we do throw people in jail for where there is no victim.

Please don't make me explain that to you again.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing” (1 Corinthians 13:2).

In God’s economy, genuine love, respect and compassion for others trump intellectual elitism.
In other words, being moral trumps arguing about it.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
If we don't argue about it we're not going to arrive at any consensus about what being moral means.
Permit me to rephrase, DS.

Quarreling about morality negates it.

“Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful” (2 Timothy 2:23-24, NIV).

In God’s economy, both our form and our content matter.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels
It occurs to me that pointing out to someone that you don't want to have anything to do with their argument because it is foolish and stupid is just as likely to produce a quarrel ;)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It occurs to me that pointing out to someone that you don't want to have anything to do with their argument because it is foolish and stupid is just as likely to produce a quarrel ;)
The message is for me, too, TF. 😊

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks, please. Cash and in small bills.
Robert A. Heinlein