Wokeism will DESTROY civilization… here’s how to stop it before it’s too late

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Food bloggers want to cancel the word ‘curry’ over British colonialism roots
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Aug 11, 2021 • 8 hours ago • 2 minute read • 6 Comments
Popular Indian mutton curry roast -traditional recipe.
Popular Indian mutton curry roast -traditional recipe. PHOTO BY SUSANSAM /Getty Images
Article content
Faster than you can say “Chrissy Teigen” comes word of the latest thing people want cancelled: Curry.

No, no, not the actual food, but the word itself.

We apologize, but this video has failed to load.
Try refreshing your browser, or
tap here to see other videos from our team.

South Asian food bloggers argue that the British colonial term is not only massively incorrect but massively overused.

Earlier this year, Chaheti Bansal posted a video on Instagram in which she called out the confusing word and suggested that we “cancel the word ‘curry,’” as she cooked up some delicious grub.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“I have more important things to discuss like cancelling the word ‘curry,’ ” she says in the voiceover. “OK, not in all cultures but specifically in Indian cuisine ‘because I don’t understand what that word means.”

Well, to be fair, Bansal totally knows what the word means, whether it’s referring to the powder used to enhance certain dishes or when someone is attempting to “curry favour” and ingratiate themselves by using flattery.

What Bansal is referring to is the generalization of the word and lazy white folks who use the word because they don’t know any better.

“Like, there’s a saying that the food in India changes every 100 kilometres, and yet we’re still using this umbrella term popularized by white people who couldn’t be bothered to learn the actual names of our dishes — but we can still unlearn.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
‘Curry’ isn’t even South Asian. It was created by the British and has since become associated with dishes that are “smelly, messy and unrefined,” University of Vermont Professor Ilyse R. Morgenstein Fuerst told NBC News.

“’Curry’ is one of these words that most historians attribute to the British bad ear,” said Morgenstein Fuerst, explaining that British colonizers likely misheard the Tamil word “kari,” which can mean anything from “blackened” to “side dish,” depending on the region.

But kari is definitely not the same as curry.

White people wanted food that was spiced but not too much, fragrant but not smelly, explained the professor, whose work focuses on South Asia.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“And that lack of temperance, in our food, or in our emotionality, is a problem,” Morgenstein Fuerst told NBC News. “That’s one of the things that is rooted in white, Christian supremacy.”

Bansal told NBC News she doesn’t want “curry” totally cancelled, particularly when it’s used properly.

“My partner is Sri Lankan, I have friends that are Malayali, friends that are Tamil, and, yes, they use the word ‘curry,’” she said. “I enjoy their curry. Even their curry names have very specific traditional names paired with it, or it’s referring to something very specific. But you shouldn’t just lump all of our foods together under this term.”

Fine, whatever, can we just eat? Who else is hungry?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.K. woman dislocated jaw while eating KFC sandwich
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Aug 11, 2021 • 14 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
A woman eats a chicken burger in a KFC outlet.
A woman eats a chicken burger in a KFC outlet. PHOTO BY PETER PARKS/AFP /Getty Images
Article content
A woman in the U.K. claims she dislocated her jaw while eating a burger from KFC and has had five operations to fix the damage done.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Holly Strevens, 34, from Portsmouth, England, reportedly had to have her jaw replaced with prosthetic joints after stretching her mouth to eat a KFC stacked chicken burger, according to theDaily Mail.

Technically, she actually attempted to mow down a Fillet Tower Burger, which is a chicken breast topped with a hash brown, cheese and ketchup, but that’s not the point.

The point is, the damn thing was massive and now she’s in constant pain.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Strevens has since been diagnosed with temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ,) has endured five operations and had 12 screws put into the left side of her mouth.

“’I feel angry that this has happened but it can happen to anyone who opens their mouth too wide,” Strevens told the Mail.

“I was healthy before eating my KFC burger with no underlying health issues. TMJ just came from nowhere,” she said. “I was eating a KFC at home whilst watching the TV and all of a sudden I had a loud pop noise. It was my left jaw joint.”

She explained that it “looked normal” but it “kept ‘locking and unlocking.’ I must have stretched my mouth too wide when biting the burger.”

Strevens now has to have the right side of haw replaced as the chronic daily pain she suffers now leads to non-epileptic seizures.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
It’s unclear when Strevens experienced that life-altering bite but she’s said her life has been “ruined.” She lost her job because of the seizures, and can no longer eat an apple or anything hard or chewy because the pain is unbearable.

“Over the years, I had a lot of time off as I was in and out of the doctors and the pain was affecting my daily life,” she said.

“I developed arthritis in my left jaw too with cysts on the joint before the jaw replacement.”

While the average person can open their mouth up to 35mm, Strevens jaw movement has been reduced to 13mm.

Three years after the incident, she had open-joint arthroplasty of the jaw, and replaced her tissue with an artificial disc. Her condition didn’t improve so she was forced to have the left side of her jaw replaced.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Strevens hopes fast-food restaurants reduce the size of their burgers to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

“I regret eating the burger,” she said.

“It has changed my life. I am now classed as disabled and I have lost my independence completely.”

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
We need to hold the left accountable for their many many crimes against humanity over the last couple hundred years.
yea if you can name those crimes so i can laugh at you and debunk your entire ideology that would be great

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Virginia Mom: Why I Compared America Today to China’s Cultural Revolution | Xi Van Fleet |Focus Talk​

Xi Van Fleet became famous overnight after she gave a speech at Virginia Loudoun County @ board meeting this June. In that speech, she slammed the critical race theory as something that is rooted in cultural Marxism and said that the division it caused is like an American version of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Today we invite Xi to have an in-depth conversation with us about her experience in China and how it likens to what’s happening in America today.

https://communismexposed.mp3mp4pdf.net/#telegram

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Maher: Toe The Woke Line Or Lose Your Job In Media

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:25 AM PT – Sunday, August 22, 2021​

Liberal comedian Bill Maher took on the woke takeover of media. On his HBO show Real Time on Friday evening, Maher welcomed former New York Magazine writer Andrew Sullivan as a guest on the show.

Sullivan singled out academia as the biggest cause of the woke takeover as universities have been allegedly teaching students to think of themselves as part of racial and sexual groups instead of as individuals. Academia has not be unique to the problem however, as Sullivan was recently pushed out of New York Magazine for not toeing the woke line.

“You were at New York Magazine, but you kinda quit them because newsrooms right now have become a place where, you used to be able to get fired by the editor or the owner,” Maher explained. “Now you’re fired because woke in the newsroom, right? You have to conform to the one true opinion or they don’t even want you in the building.”....More

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Notre Dame on the defensive after Fighting Irish mascot ripped as offensive
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Aug 25, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Notre Dame's Fighting Irish leprechaun mascot is persona non grata, according to a new survey.
Notre Dame's Fighting Irish leprechaun mascot is persona non grata, according to a new survey. PHOTO BY GETTY IMAGES FILE /TORONTO SUN
Article content
Will they come for the Lucky Charms guy next?

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Perhaps, because Notre Dame’s Fighting Irish leprechaun mascot is persona non grata, according to a new survey.

Notre Dame’s leprechaun was fourth in a survey of the most offensive college football mascots in the United States.

Critics said he was a disparaging symbol of Irish Catholics — “The Fighting Irish” was a derogatory term for Irish Catholic students in the early 1900s.

The school, which is in Indiana, defended itself, telling the Indianapolis Star: “It is worth noting … that there is no comparison between Notre Dame’s nickname and mascot and the Indian and warrior names [and[ mascots used by other institutions such as the NFL team formerly known as the Redskins.”

And it’s true that the mascots that were ranked as more offensive were San Diego State’s Aztec Warrior, Florida State’s Osceola and Renegade and the University of Hawaii’s Vili the Warrior. The survey was carried out by Quality Logo Products, an apparel company.

“None of these institutions were founded or named by Native Americans who sought to highlight their heritage by using names and symbols associated with their people,” Notre Dame said in a statement to the Indianapolis Star.

Notre Dame said the mascot and symbols celebrated the school’s Irish heritage and was a sign of respect.
1629960634842.png