Why doesn't the world just stop using the US?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Stoopid is as stoopid does.

Yes indeed!

And NOBODY ASKS WHY would the world wish to STOP United States from DEFENDING most of us?

Look how quickly former Warsaw Pact Nations DUMPED Moscow and RUSHED to join Yankee led NATO!

LIE-berals just cannot find an answer to such statements!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
China tried to "depeg" its currency from the us buck but they had to re peg it after massive pressure from the US.

The world's economy is going to beased on the chinese currency - obvuously. But not for another 10 years or so..

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Actually a lot of people consider isolating the USA, including Canadians.

You should get out of this site more often and see for yourself.

When a LIE-beral like yourself says "A lot of people" - he means that he has surrounded himself with other LIE-berals of like mind

and DOES NOT BELIEVE that anybody who disagrees with him should be seen or allowed to speak!

The values of LIE-berals are REPUGNANT to most Cdns!

That is why the idiot Boy has only that MINORITY GOVT!

Our idiot Boy GOT HIS CHANCE to prove himself in 2015 election -and he HAS PROVED that NOTHING HE PROMISES

WILL EVER HAPPEN IN ANY BENEFICIAL WAY!

Here is an example of the lengths that desperate LIE-berals will go in hope of shooting the messenger bearing news LIE-berals do not wish to hear! With some comments of my onw in brackets):

'Reprehensible' tweet by Calgary police chief condemned by legal community

By Meghan Grant CBC News May 14, 2020

Calgary police Chief Mark Neufeld is facing criticism after a tweet suggesting people charged with first-degree murder should not be granted bail. Calgary's police chief is defending a tweet he posted which appeared to be critical of a judge's decision to release an accused killer on bail.

The social media post was deleted three days after it was published and just hours after CBC News interviewed the city's top cop.

On Friday, Victor Braima, 23, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Carrot River, Sask., farmer Sheldon Wolf, 47, was released on strict conditions by Court of Queen's Bench Justice Bryan Mahoney.

The conditions include that the accused wear an ankle monitoring device paid for by his family while under 24-hour house arrest at his parents' home.

The reasons for the judge's decision as well as the details presented at the bail hearing are protected by a publication ban which means the judge can not publicly explain his decision.

(Oh yes - LIE-berals TRULY LOVE privacy laws that allow them to Hug a Thug and save on jail costs - even though it means being SOFT ON CRIMINALS! And to HELL with public safety issues!)

"My intention with the tweet was not to be critical of the courts or to comment on a particular case," said Neufeld.
'If somebody was offended … I regret it'

Chief Mark Neufeld retweeted a Postmedia story about the case with the headline "Calgary murder suspect granted bail on strict conditions."

The city's top cop then posed this question in the same tweet: "So ... just wondering (for a friend) what type of offences/offender would be refused bail then?"

Despite posting a link to the story in the same tweet as his comment, the chief says nothing he wrote "was in relation to that case specifically."

As for whether he regrets the tweet, Neufeld said: "If somebody was offended by that, then absolutely I regret it."
'Inappropriate' for chief to comment: retired judge

"I was commenting in generalities but I do appreciate that the retweeted news story was in relation to a particular case that was before the court so yeah, I do understand how people interpreted it that way," he said.

Retired Justice Ged Hawco says a publication ban is "all the more reason why this is perhaps inappropriate for the chief to speculate."

Mahoney, according to Hawco, is a respected judge who "takes matters under consideration before he makes a decision."

"In my opinion the chief of police should not be entering into any discussions in respect to ongoing matters," said Hawco,

"Nor, with the greatest respect to him, should he be commenting on a judge's decision with respect to bail," said Hawco in an interview with CBC News.
'Utterly reprehensible' tweet

The tweet got the attention of several judges as well as defence lawyers, including Kelsey Sitar who deconstructed the chief's social media post in her own Twitter thread, calling the tweet "utterly reprehensible."

Sitar, who also instructs criminal law at the University of Calgary, says there are several problems with what the chief wrote.

First of all, Sitar points out, police are supposed to have a policy against commenting on active cases. She adds that judges are not allowed to defend their decisions and in this case, Mahoney's reasons for granting bail are protected by a publication ban.

The defence lawyer also points out Neufeld comes across as suggesting people charged with first-degree murder should not be released pending trial, but that goes against the Supreme Court of Canada which says there are no charges off limits for bail.

"Bail is the cardinal rule in Canada and that does not change based on what offence you're charged with," says Sitar. "We presume that people will get released; detention is to be the exception."
People trust the chief: Sitar

Releasing someone charged with a crime is not black and white, says Sitar. It's not, be freed into the community or held in custody — the grey area is the range of conditions available, like house arrest, curfews and monitoring systems

"There's a lot of members of the public who will ... just blindly agree with the chief because they think anybody charged with murder is already guilty and and should be in custody," said Sitar.

"When you have that type of power and authority the public is going to believe they can trust your judgment."

Neufeld says his tweet referred to several recent cases involving serious and violent crimes where he had information that investigators felt the people charged were high risks to reoffend.

He said in the cases he's referring to, the individuals ultimately ended up receiving bail under circumstances that "I would say surprised the investigators."
Lawyer association considering complaint

There are three factors judges consider when deciding whether to release someone on bail.

First, they consider whether an accused person is likely to show up for their court appearances. Secondly, a judge will weigh factors related to the risk a person will commit a crime while on bail. And, finally, if the administration of justice would fall into disrepute if the accused person was to be released.

Braima's lawyer Andrea Urquhart says she won't comment on the chief's social media post as the case is before the courts.

The Calgary Defence Lawyer Association says it is considering filing a complaint with the police commission, according to president Ian Savage.

(The BIGGEST PROBLEM the Defence Lawyer Association is going to have is kicking up a fuss WITHOUT OFFENDING main stream Canada which happens to be DISGUSTED with the LIE-beral hug a thug and soft on crime approach that LIE-berals and Defense Lawyers are rigging up!)

(When a MAJOR PART of your work day consists of PLEA BARGAINING on behalf of your GUILTY CLIENT - in order to make major crimes into minor crimes and to make minor crimes DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY - you will have a VERY HARD TIME convincing people that you have the best interests of society at heart!)

(Loudmouth defense lawyers find it easy to bully vote hungry LIE-berals but the general public is LOSING PATIENCE RAPIDLY with hug a thug legal antics!)

BigCityDreamer

Time Out
May 21, 2020
Germany
When a LIE-beral like yourself says "A lot of people" - he means that he has surrounded himself with other LIE-berals of like mind

Once again, spilledthebeer, I am not any of those you claim to be.

Have I ever criticized the US's healthcare? That's what Canadian liberals do don't they? Have I criticized the education system of the US? Again, another thing that Canadian liberals love to do? Have I claimed that my country is so much better than the US? Another thing that Canadian liberals love to do. Have I criticized anything to do with any domestic issues the US faces?

I do not recall ever doing that ever, unlike Canadians who are so desperate for attention from their neighbor.

What were those things that you were upset about them again? You know more about them than they know about you?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Once again, spilledthebeer, I am not any of those you claim to be.

Have I ever criticized the US's healthcare? That's what Canadian liberals do don't they? Have I criticized the education system of the US? Again, another thing that Canadian liberals love to do? Have I claimed that my country is so much better than the US? Another thing that Canadian liberals love to do. Have I criticized anything to do with any domestic issues the US faces?

I do not recall ever doing that ever, unlike Canadians who are so desperate for attention from their neighbor.

What were those things that you were upset about them again? You know more about them than they know about you?

It is a VERY SIMPLE equation - which is WHY LIE-berals do not understand it!

If you spend much of your time DEFENDING LIE-berals in Canada or elsewhere - it is no matter which!

Or spend much of your time ESPOUSING LIE-beral values!

THEN YOU ARE A LIE-beral!

That you MAY NOT HAVE a LIE-beral party card IS NOT RELEVANT!

That you may be one of the idiot LIE-beral "cousins" - meaning NDPee or Greenie or even be something even further

LOONIE LEFTIST STILL MARKS YOU AS LIE-beral!

Except that as an NDPee or Greenie - you lack the low guile and cunning to be a "PROPER" LIE-beral!

Isnt that a SIMPLE EQUATION?

Now start your LIE-beral style bleating about how I am the one who does not understand!

Or how I am being somehow unfair or judgemental!

I need the laughs so let her rip!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It is a VERY SIMPLE equation - which is WHY LIE-berals do not understand it!

If you spend much of your time DEFENDING LIE-berals in Canada or elsewhere - it is no matter which!

Or spend much of your time ESPOUSING LIE-beral values!

THEN YOU ARE A LIE-beral!

That you MAY NOT HAVE a LIE-beral party card IS NOT RELEVANT!

That you may be one of the idiot LIE-beral "cousins" - meaning NDPee or Greenie or even be something even further

LOONIE LEFTIST STILL MARKS YOU AS LIE-beral!

Except that as an NDPee or Greenie - you lack the low guile and cunning to be a "PROPER" LIE-beral!

Isnt that a SIMPLE EQUATION?

Now start your LIE-beral style bleating about how I am the one who does not understand!

Or how I am being somehow unfair or judgemental!

I need the laughs so let her rip!!
Don't you realize you stupid fool, that overusing a stupid term like Lie-beral or Cliffy's stupid Facebook memes, makes you an irrelevant nut case?