Why canadians are proud of their country?

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Logic:

You are acting just like an ill-informed, baiting troll. Beneath and need to converse. Beyond the reach of reason.

Oh, and your spelling and grammar betray a third-grade education. That isn't an insult, by the way - it's an assessment.

Pangloss

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The determination of a good country is based on the existance or non-existance of the Queen? Have another drink.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If there is a good story teller out there, tell us how this country would look today if Britain had never
set foot on it.

Should we forget that fact or? I wonder.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
No, though for not considering Pilgrims American's, I find it odd to watch you thanksgiving specials, which refer to them as part of "The first AMERICAN thanksgiving" , study of the pilgrims is part of "American History" courses.

Never has it been referred to as the first American Thanksgiving. Not when I was in school.

Thus, I call shenanigans on you.

Nonsense, at best you're being obtuse and at worst outright ignoring historical facts. No offense.

You also don't understand Empire history. Canadians were British Citizens. Yes we were subjects to the crown, but if that discounts us as British then no one outside the royal family was British, since every Scot, Welshman and even Englishman were also subjects of the crown.

If we follow your logic, then no one in Britain was British. Thankfully no one does.

I understand enough to know that present day Canadians are confused about what they were under British rule, there doesn't appear to be any consensus. You have come to the conclusion you were British, I will respect your interpretation and save it for another conversation.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I think not:

The controversy is the 16th amendmant was not correctly ratified for some time, it was just declared (and thus had no legal weighting) there is still much legal doubt and conflicting records if it ever was properly ratified. But no one is going to go digging into it, since everyone who would be needed to do that, wouldn't get paid from then on with no taxes.

One of those "legal or not who cares at this point'. Much like debates on whether the louisianna purchase was legal (it wasn't), even if so... no one is going to give it back.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I think not:

The controversy is the 16th amendmant was not correctly ratified for some time, it was just declared (and thus had no legal weighting) there is still much legal doubt and conflicting records if it ever was properly ratified. But no one is going to go digging into it, since everyone who would be needed to do that, wouldn't get paid from then on with no taxes.

One of those "legal or not who cares at this point'. Much like debates on whether the louisianna purchase was legal (it wasn't), even if so... no one is going to give it back.

I'll grant you that legal "loopholes" exist eveywhere and on many occassions the law is easily open up to interpretation. The 16th Amendment however has been ratified...legally...by the required 2/3 of all States. Now whether it took 1 year, two years or five years to ratify I do not know. What matters is, that it has been ratified.

I have to run....lol....be back later.....have a good morning.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Why is it so important to Canadians that the founding of the United States contained legal error and oversight until later years? If oversights were denied or ignored - I could see criticism. But criticism still exists when legalities have been amended and updated and the nitpicking is regularly hauled out of the storage closet to go over yet again and again. I don't understand the great need by some Canadians to find fault - continually and boringly so.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Why do American's feel the need to claim lack of fault? What one denies another with claim and vice versa.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Zzarchov

The people in the U.S. are not afraid to admit error, and apologize if a beef is legitimate but I see so many half-truths and junkfests going on - they aren't defending their government they are usually trying to set the record straight. Canadians go off half cocked on so many rumors and stunted issues as fact - charge in accusing American membership and then calling them insecure for argument.

Why do you see it as lack of claim of fault? I think ITN is explaining his historical knowledge as best he can without digging out what you obviously think is necessary tomes of historical record and dates and legal ratifications.... why the hell should he prove anything at all to your insistant queries?

More importantly why is it necessary for you to puff yourself up by questioning an American at allWe are no more responsible for the individual and especially historical legalities government passes than you are in Canada (or wherever you live).

I often wonder at some of the insults I see written by Canadians towards any hapless American floating around on forums ... how Canadians would handle some of the 'in kind' insulting I see going on. How would you do at grilling Zzarchov?

Is Canada so perfect you feel appointment by some governmental god of law to question another nation's procedures? Seems rather tiny and insecure way to behave on a forum....

No matter.. I have spent far too many hours trying to answer this question ... there is no answer that would satisfy.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Why do American's feel the need to claim lack of fault? What one denies another with claim and vice versa.

Lack of fault? This is part of the reason I roam around Canadian forums, you guys think you have it all figured out about us don't you? The world's longest one way mirror? If you think we don't blame ourselves for a great many things, you're not paying attention.

All criticisms, all conspiracy theories, all [insert whatever you want here] begins in the US by Americans.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I very much doubt that anyone is going to ask you. You hate everything about the country. I don't know why you are still here.....Have a good day.:roll:

You gave me a fair answer, and i respect it, however i really don't get why canadian doesnt want to get rid of this monarchy, really strange.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Lack of fault? This is part of the reason I roam around Canadian forums, you guys think you have it all figured out about us don't you? The world's longest one way mirror? If you think we don't blame ourselves for a great many things, you're not paying attention.

All criticisms, all conspiracy theories, all [insert whatever you want here] begins in the US by Americans.

Your own biggest fan I guess.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Well curiosity, if one thing you have proven, its that you have a very, very short memory retention.

Canadians trolling Americans?

Did you even read the first post on this thread (or even the title) before posting on?

The title is questioning what right Canadian's have to pride, the first line expressing how American's however, are worthy of that pride. On the CANADIAN CONTENT FORUM, how on earth would you consider that anything other than trolling?

Add in a few pages of blatant flag waving US falsehoods with some niceties as "Im familiar with the stats I just don't believe them" to spit on the faces of veterans.

And above all, then come here and complain of victimization.

I think you need some of this.